Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
Like Tree3Likes
  1. bbsstmez's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    547 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Cool and convenient little feature

    Funny, I have my Q10 for some 6 months now and just noticed it. When the phone reboots the BlackBerry icon shows in a purplish color. As it loads there is a progress bar that continues to encircle the logo. What I just noticed is that if you press down and hold any part of the screen the center of the logo changes and lists the percentage that the loading is up to.

    Anyone have any other little feature that is usually overlooked?

    Posted via CB10
  2. vagos2006's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    410 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    That's been there since day 1 release of the z10 and q10. Cool feature

    Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
  3. N3RVE's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    62 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    I noticed this the first day I got my Z10.
    It's a cool feature.

    Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925
    HP Pavilion dv7-6163us : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU (2.00GHz)
    BlackBerry 9900 (Bold): 7.1.0.190 / Apple iPhone 4S 64GB - 5.0.1
  4. jaydee5799's Avatar

    Posts
    68,201 Posts
    Global Posts
    68,241 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!
    #5  

    Default

    I need a drink
    HTTR FOREVER I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154 on VZW
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device|How To Upgrade Your OS with Sachesi
  5. bbsstmez's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    547 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    I had assumed that it was always there and that I had just noticed it. Thats why I posted it. For others like me that just overlooked it. And, in hope of discovering others that I've overlooked. Features that are important we come across. These little "extra's" get overlooked. I only discovered it as I was bored waiting for the phone to reboot and began tapping the screen for no reason

    Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
  6. beckswali's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    73 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Took me a while to notice that as well. I also only saw the scroll bar on the z10 yesterday the bar that allows you to select hub open apps or app page number.

    Posted via CB10
  7. cwbcpa's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    737 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Thank you. I had not noticed this and probably wouldn't have unless I found it by accident like you did.

    I hope people don't stop sharing things like this. Just because some people find a feature on day one doesn't mean everyone does. Plus, if things go well, BlackBerry will be adding new users and they would like to know about these things too. Maybe CrackBerry can pass out cookies to those that like to point out to others that they found it on day one.

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    artie (03-09-2014) 
    artie likes this.
  8. Ed Gar's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    505 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Try to load the 1927 version and you'll see a different startup screen IMO better than the purple one. I just don't know if it shows the boot percentage when touched as I never tried it.

    Posted via CB10
    Work Wider.
  9. bbsstmez's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    547 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beckswali View Post
    Took me a while to notice that as well. I also only saw the scroll bar on the z10 yesterday the bar that allows you to select hub open apps or app page number.

    Posted via CB10
    Not sure what you're referring to

    Posted via CB10
  10. FCSC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,141 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbsstmez View Post
    Not sure what you're referring to

    Posted via CB10
    Believe he's talking about how on the bottom of the screen there are short cut icons for the hub (envelope) then numbers indicating what page of apps.
    Q10
    Leak 10.3.0.1154
  11. bbsstmez's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    547 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FCSC View Post
    Believe he's talking about how on the bottom of the screen there are short cut icons for the hub (envelope) then numbers indicating what page of apps.
    Could be. I reread it and still can make it out!

    Posted via CB10
  12. jamesharmeling's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,112 Posts
    PIN
    333BF5D4
    #13  

    Default

    There are those on these forums that come across as smarmy and "know it all" and it shows in how they respond to posts. I hate that s**t!!! We ALL started from the beginning (as BlackBerry babies) and NOBODY knows EVERYTHING. Thanks for sharing your personal discovery.

    *The biggest deterrent to new BlackBerry users are the users themselves.*. Word?

    Live it, love it, be it.....BB10
    BB then, now, forever...yeah, I said it. 335039AC
  13. goUSAFblue's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    168 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbsstmez View Post
    Funny, I have my Q10 for some 6 months now and just noticed it. When the phone reboots the BlackBerry icon shows in a purplish color. As it loads there is a progress bar that continues to encircle the logo. What I just noticed is that if you press down and hold any part of the screen the center of the logo changes and lists the percentage that the loading is up to.

    Anyone have any other little feature that is usually overlooked?

    Posted via CB10
    Yah I just found that out yesterday. Crazy

    Posted via CB10
  14. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,572 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    The same as the Z10 has...
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  15. arlene_t's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    506 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    I stumble this feature accidentally when I was trying ti wipe out a Lil smudge on the phone.

    via Q10
  16. Kraken72's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    388 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    4 Diagonal swipes from top right to bottom left in the hub causes it to restart. Type google 'search term', or yahoo 'search term' will search that respective search engine for whatever term you type. Type play 'song name' will launch music app and start said song. Type fb blah or tweet blah will post whatever you type to Facebook status or compose a tweet without having to open the respective application. Screen shot by pressing both volume buttons simultaneously. Alt + left shift for symbol lock, alt right shift for cap lock (old but overlooked) Pressing 'S' in browser starts a page-wide search for whatever term you want. That's not much but it's the only things I could think of that I found on my own. Hell, most of it is Search related feature but I digress.

    Posted without the help of autocorrect on my Q10, 10.2.1.1925
    Thanked by 3:
    candykyut (03-09-2014),  jayjahed (03-08-2014),  Sonbejube (03-13-2014) 
  17. Kraken72's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    388 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    The only reason I mentioned the browser search is because I found it not 10 minutes before finding this thread. Can't believe I never noticed that in the overflow menu.

    Posted without the help of autocorrect on my Q10, 10.2.1.1925
  18. beckswali's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    73 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbsstmez View Post
    Could be. I reread it and still can make it out!

    Posted via CB10
    Hi yeah sorry I (she) was on about that. Lol didn't really know how else to explain it. It means you don't even have to swipe to get to the hub.

    Posted via CB10
  19. BrandonQ10's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    81 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    It's cool!

    Posted via CB10
  20. madcat72's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken72 View Post
    4 Diagonal swipes from top right to bottom left in the hub causes it to restart. Type google 'search term', or yahoo 'search term' will search that respective search engine for whatever term you type. Type play 'song name' will launch music app and start said song. Type fb blah or tweet blah will post whatever you type to Facebook status or compose a tweet without having to open the respective application. Screen shot by pressing both volume buttons simultaneously. Alt + left shift for symbol lock, alt right shift for cap lock (old but overlooked) Pressing 'S' in browser starts a page-wide search for whatever term you want. That's not much but it's the only things I could think of that I found on my own. Hell, most of it is Search related feature but I digress.

    Posted without the help of autocorrect on my Q10, 10.2.1.1925
    So many little tricks, just to add a couple to yours. while in browser, press L and refresh the browser session, B - bottom, T - Top, U - brings up the address bar.. Another old one, not sure if its been mentioned before about the Q - hold "left ALT + right shift + Del will reboot the phone.
  21. bbsstmez's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    547 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

    Default

    Also old, but if we're doing those, in calendar, M for month view, d for day, w for week, p for previous n for next. I find those major

    Posted via CB10
  22. goUSAFblue's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    168 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madcat72 View Post
    So many little tricks, just to add a couple to yours. while in browser, press L and refresh the browser session, B - bottom, T - Top, U - brings up the address bar.. Another old one, not sure if its been mentioned before about the Q - hold "left ALT + right shift + Del will reboot the phone.
    Also, for certain apps (including Crackberry), pressing N scrolls down the lists and texts and P scrolls up.

    I'm still not sure why certain apps don't allow you to use this keyboard shortcut though



    Posted via CB10
  23. jayjahed's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    209 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madcat72 View Post
    So many little tricks, just to add a couple to yours. while in browser, press L and refresh the browser session, B - bottom, T - Top, U - brings up the address bar.. Another old one, not sure if its been mentioned before about the Q - hold "left ALT + right shift + Del will reboot the phone.
    Oh by the way, you can keep holding both volume buttons it will also reboot the phone

    Cheers,
  24. Ed Gar's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    505 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    You can place Web link shortcut icons to your home screen.
    Cool and convenient little feature-img_20140309_133008.png

    Posted via CB10
    Work Wider.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sportrate Fitness Tracker gets updated with heart monitor features plus more
    By CrackBerry News in forum CrackBerry.com News Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-25-2014, 09:13 AM
  2. First time BlackBerry user and disappointed...
    By a_texas_vol in forum BlackBerry Z30
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-09-2014, 02:11 PM
  3. BBM and multiple adresses
    By ChrFerreira in forum General BBM Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 06:53 AM
  4. what 10.3.**** and blackberry hardware really needs
    By silversmith75 in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 04:27 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 02:26 AM

Posting Permissions