So I recently picked up a new T-Mobile Q10 due to the impending 10.2 update which we all now have and their BB trade in promo. Ended up paying $137 for this brand new unit and they have also unlocked it for me I've always liked BB and have had various models over the years but I've been on the Android bandwagon for some time now (tried apple with the first 2G iPhone and 3G but quickly left.) Something about the solid feel of the Q10 and great ecosystem/Crackberry folks made me decide to try and use the Q10 as my daily driver. Blackberry deserves a 2nd chance and now that I can install most of my Android apps I'm more than happy.

Picked up an OEM white housing (not including white digitizer) as I really like the white look. Not realizing the white Q10 is not grippy like the black woven glass Q10 model is has quickly changed my mind. What I'm thinking of doing is swapping out the middle metal section from the white Q10 onto the black one. My feeling is it would look more premium and still retain the grippiness.

Has anyone else done this? Thoughts, concerns or suggestions before I take this new phone apart? If BB would make a white woven glass battery cover then we would be golden
    Converting new black Q10 black metal rim to white Q10's silver rim? (no pun intended)-cam00166.jpgConverting new black Q10 black metal rim to white Q10's silver rim? (no pun intended)-cam00168.jpgConverting new black Q10 black metal rim to white Q10's silver rim? (no pun intended)-cam00170.jpg
    03-15-14 10:14 AM
    It is possible and there was a thread about this not too long ago. Search in the Q10 forum for "silver bezel" and you'll find a picture of how it'll look

Star Wars fan? Come join us C00121E8E
    03-15-14 10:19 AM
    I've seen the thread Coffee Shampoo is talking about and it comes out looking really nice!! Do It!
    03-15-14 10:41 AM
    Will do! I'll search for that thread. Also how do I remove my old BB PIN tha thosws up under my post counts? That is a BB PIN I had back in 2008 lol.
    03-15-14 10:48 AM
    Blackberry should have configured the black model Q10 out of the box this way. Looks much more premium and more expensive than it is. Let's see how much more people will notice this in my hands; social experiment time. In contrast, the white keyboard doesn't look half bad with the black bezel either as you can see from my pictures.

White parts with black bezel

03-15-14 06:44 PM
    Amazing! I wish my Q10 looked like that but I don't have the tools to do it

Star Wars fan? Come join us C00121E8E
    03-15-14 06:46 PM
    Damn that looks nice, I wonder how it will look the other way around? :O
    03-15-14 07:29 PM
    That white with a black bezel doesn't look bad at all!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 11:13 AM
    Just a word of caution, the bezel on the white Q10 is painted silver where the black bezel on the black Q10 is actually black because of the material.

I have both, and the white Q10 bezel is pretty easy to scratch. I've never dropped mine or hit it against anything, and it never spends more than a few minutes outside of a case, usually only when I'm switching devices. But still, there are somehow a few like chips in the paint.

I'm guessing you're switching the bezel on the Q10 for looks. Just be careful, because it will look great at first, but if you don't use a case, it will start not looking so great..

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 11:36 AM
    I personally don't like the black q10 with the gray frame - it looks great with the bold but that was a different look, it was metallic/steel looking.

This looks cartoonish to me.

The white q10 with the black frame on the other-hand, that looks really cool.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 12:54 PM