My company switchboard requires that I use a special prefix *669 to present my private number (otherwse the main company numer is presented). Therefore I have added this prefix to all my private contacts where I want to present the private number. The numbers in my phonebook go for ex. +48*669XXXXXXXXX or *669XXXXXXXXX (without country prefix). This works and numbers are dialed properly.

However, when people call me back, BB does not recognize contacts by numbers, each time when the prefix *669 has been added to the record in the phonebook. In such case only the calling numer (which is without prefix of course) is presented. BB does not match it with a contact. Other phones do (I have tried on Android and IOS and they treat the *669 prefix as neutral).

BB Q10 SQN100-3, BB OS 10.3.2.2836.
    How can I fix it? Please help. I dont want to switch to Android or IOS only because of this issue
    01-18-17 05:12 AM
    Well, I had the same problem a couple years ago: no solution. Though, I have to ask you: have you tried putting a second number for each contact, that is the same one without the prefix? This way you should have both numbers (prefixed and non-prefixed) and OS 10 should recognize your contacts.
    01-18-17 05:45 AM
    Yes, I have tried double contacts, but this is no solution. This works only when you use contact book. When you call sb back from the call register you dial the numer without prefix and numer presentation is wrong.

Also tried restoring factory settigs. Didn't help either
    01-18-17 10:07 AM
    From your reply it is not clear that you tried what Power Mac suggested. Let me try to rephrase it: open a contact that has the prefix, and then add a second phone number, e.g., with the field work/home/other, this time without the prefix. Note that this is different than having two entries in the contact list, since both numbers are associated with the same contact entry.

Other than that, I can only think that it correctly handles phone numbers typed with spaces, parenthesis and dashes, like (123) 456-7890. Maybe you can try different combinations of using the prefix together with these, like (*669)XXX, *669-XXXX, *669 XXXX.
    01-19-17 10:22 PM
    Thanks iled. I was unclear. I have tried both solutions - double contacts and double numbers within contacts. Neither works well. Now I will try your solution.
    01-20-17 07:38 AM
    I have tried various combinations of spaces, parenthesis and dashes. Doesn't work.
    I have also tried to define *669 as local area prefix in the BB setings, but this filed does not accept numbers with *.
    01-20-17 08:05 AM