Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Contacts not showing in Outlook.com !

Hi guys,

I sync my mail on my handheld with contacts and tasks, but when i check it on outlook.com there are not contacts ((( but when i create a new contact in outlook.com i can see it in my handheld phonebook !

What i am doing wrong ? What should i do to see all my contacts in outlook.com ?

Thanks
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

anyone can help?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts

Your old contacts will not appear in Outlook because there is no manual sync option at the moment. However, if you add a new contact on your phone it will be synced with Outlook.com.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 via CB10
    Thanked by:
    Tryptomine (05-21-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

I think the problem you may have is that you have a local contact list on your phone not associated to your outlook.com email. If you happen to have these contacts on your PC as well, you may be able to export the contacts from your PC to a file and then import that file on the Outlook.com web site. Once that is done, they should all appear on your phone. You should also be able to do the same with any calendar entries on your PC.

Once you are sure you have all your contacts on the Outlook.com account, you should be able to use an option on the phone to delete local contacts via the three dots menu in the account settings of the phone.
    CrackBerry User

Hi,
    i think i have the same issue, i have all my contacts in z10 local contacts and empty contact list in outlook, is there anyway to export from z10 local contacts to outlook via activesync or manually?
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by GiuA View Post
    Hi,
    i think i have the same issue, i have all my contacts in z10 local contacts and empty contact list in outlook, is there anyway to export from z10 local contacts to outlook via activesync or manually?
    I just had a quick look and you may be able to long press a contact and then choose share to email it to yourself at your outlook.com email account. From a PC logged into the web version of Outlook.com you will then be able to open the email and import the contact into your outlook.com address book.

I don't know how to select multiple contacts to email multiple vcards or if you can do the whole address book at once, but at least it is a start.

Once you get them all from your phone to the outlook.com address book and they sync back to your phone, you should be able to choose delete local contact from the phone's account settings overflow, three dot menu.
    CrackBerry User

Hi, thanks for your reply. I think i have to find another method, doing this for 700 contacts will be a bit hard..
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

I used PIM app downloaded it from BBworld , create a .vcf file than upload it to gmail contacts ))) and than export it to .cvt (dont really remeber the name but outlook.com need only this format file) and upload it to outlook.com ))) works perfect ))))
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    777 Global Posts

Finally got outlook.com working! Email, calendar and contacts all sync via microsoft exchange activesync.

1. First I made a mistake to connect my gmail contacts to outlook.com contacts. that causes my contacts not sync properly as they are really google contacts being viewed on outlook.com. I re-added the link and removed right away.

2. I used this website to sync email calendar and contacts from gmail to outlook.com ->https://secure5.trueswitch.com/hotmail/

3. Then I deleted gmail acocunt off my z10 and added EAS to my z10. Works great now. all sync properly.

4. Bye GMAIL!