Email and calendar sync with q10 no problem and the contacts don't. Please help, what could the the issue? Is it something in the settings?
    07-23-13 10:11 AM
    What is the sync interval for your gmail contacts? I think it defaults to 30 minutes, maybe longer.
    07-23-13 10:35 AM
    it is 30 minutes. but i've been trying to sync my contacts for a week since i got this phone. i even deleted and reactivated the account. nothing works, it never synced not even once.
    07-23-13 10:39 AM
    Mine sync fine. You have to give ur gmail permission. Go to Settings / Accounts. Touch ur gmail account and it will show you what's allowed.

contacts don't sync between blackberry q10 and gmail-img_00000001.png

Cranky
    07-23-13 10:45 AM
    What is your OS version? I had exactly the same problem, but since upgrading to .2309, gmail sync works like a charm.
    07-23-13 10:58 AM
    i just upgraded my osx to mountain lion. now i notice that if i add a new entry in q10 it is synced with gmail contacts (woop woop that's a start!) but how to sync all the previous contacts that were already on the phone??
    07-23-13 01:06 PM
    I am confused.
    Which role does Mac OS play now?
    Did you have different contacts on both Gmail and the phone, which you would like to merge now?
    Or did you have all contacts on Gmail, and SOME got synced to the phone?
    And what is your phone OS version?
    07-23-13 01:16 PM
    os is 10.1.0.273. it tells me there are no updates for my phone.
    only new entries sync to gmail, my contacts that were already in my phone did not sync unfotunately.
    07-23-13 02:04 PM
    .273 is exactly the version I had the same sync troubles with that you seem to have.
    After upgrading to .2309 the problems were gone.
    I'm almost sure they did something around the Gmail interface in. 2309 as it functioned so much better after the upgrade.
    Sorry that you don't see an upgrade on your phone.
    Try to upgrade via BlackBerry Link. If that doesn't work either, talk to your carrier. 2309 is officially available, but the carrier might hold it back.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 05:34 PM
    I have the same issue on my Q10...

Existing contacts don't get synchronized properly (or get synchronized at a random interval that seems to take "forever"). When I modify the existing contact directly in Google, it can sometimes take "forever" (or sometimes never) to appear on my Q10. When I modify the contact on my Q10, the same thing happens where it can sometimes take "forever" (or sometimes never) to appear on my Google Contacts.

I'm using OS version 10.1.0.1720 Software Release 10.1.0.273.
    07-23-13 06:57 PM
    .273 is exactly the version I had the same sync troubles with that you seem to have.
    After upgrading to .2309 the problems were gone.
    I'm almost sure they did something around the Gmail interface in. 2309 as it functioned so much better after the upgrade.
    Sorry that you don't see an upgrade on your phone.
    Try to upgrade via BlackBerry Link. If that doesn't work either, talk to your carrier. 2309 is officially available, but the carrier might hold it back.

Posted via CB10
    thanks for your advice but unfortunately there are no updates available not from the device nor through Blackberry Link, it tells me that i have the latest software. Called the carrier they said they have nothing to do with that, and if after i check for software updates on the phone - there is nothing, then there is nothing...
    I am also on OS version 10.1.0.1720 Software Release 10.1.0.273
    07-24-13 01:47 PM
    thanks for your advice but unfortunately there are no updates available not from the device nor through Blackberry Link, it tells me that i have the latest software. Called the carrier they said they have nothing to do with that, and if after i check for software updates on the phone - there is nothing, then there is nothing...
    I am also on OS version 10.1.0.1720 Software Release 10.1.0.273
    The carrier is either lying or clueless. It's always the carrier holding up OS upgrades. Discussed here on CB extensively, pi****g off many people.
    I'm sure there is a way how to get the latest SW despite the carrier blocking it, or you could go for one of the leaks which seem to work fine according to the feedbacks. I suggest you do some research in these forums, I do not have a lot of experience with these types of upgrades.
    All I can say ist that with the version above the one that you have installed, the Gmail sync problems went away.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 03:40 PM
    The carrier is either lying or clueless. It's always the carrier holding up OS upgrades. Discussed here on CB extensively, pi****g off many people.
    I'm sure there is a way how to get the latest SW despite the carrier blocking it, or you could go for one of the leaks which seem to work fine according to the feedbacks. I suggest you do some research in these forums, I do not have a lot of experience with these types of upgrades.
    All I can say ist that with the version above the one that you have installed, the Gmail sync problems went away.

Posted via CB10

great, thanks, i'll do more research!
    07-25-13 08:34 AM
    I'm using Gmail contacts and it syncs perfectly with my q10. Are you running 2-step verification on your gmail account? If so you need to set it up so there's a special password for your device.
    07-25-13 09:33 AM
    Get the latest in the leaked / Beta forum. I think that the newest is 10.1.0.4687 or 10.1.0.4633. Both are very stable.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 09:37 AM