Hi guys

I hope to find help regarding my BlackBerry contacts being duplicated. I think it has something to do with me sideloading a second whatsapp.

I have painstakingly deleted all the duplicate contacts only to find them reappear after a while.

Perhaps it uploads everytime I open one of the whatsapp applications or one of my three Gmail accounts?

It's really frustrating and hope someone can guide me.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 03:36 PM
    Ack. Here, on any OS prior to 10.2.1, Skype makes my contacts breed like flu viruses in a closed environment. Only solution was to delete Skype or to manually delete the duplicates.

Some other apps act up like that as well and it is possible you have been hit by the same issue.

Not much you can do but deal with the issue while you wait for 10.2.1 (sometimes this Quarter) or load the leak.
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    01-04-14 03:57 PM
    10.2.1 don't fix that issue either. Bb10 contacts is the worst confusing part of this os. You can delete them or you can go in and link the contacts together. You may find like I did that you will have contacts linked to sim and local and fb and bbm and in your case what's app. I bought 2 apps that say they will merge them for you but it too was hit and miss.
    Another way that may work to clean that up is in contacts settings turn off the contact list you don't want to see. This worked a bit for me but something would turn them back on it seemed after a bit.
    I took the time to fix it all then save it with contact X. I won't go near BlackBerry link for any restore and have only one email account sync. I don't think we should have to be computer genius to make this work and not be so messy.

Reg leaked 10.2.1.1925. Q10
    Erica Melone and Harry_III_UK like this.
    01-04-14 05:44 PM
    10.2.1 don't fix that issue either. Bb10 contacts is the worst confusing part of this os. You can delete them or you can go in and link the contacts together. You may find like I did that you will have contacts linked to sim and local and fb and bbm and in your case what's app. I bought 2 apps that say they will merge them for you but it too was hit and miss.
    Another way that may work to clean that up is in contacts settings turn off the contact list you don't want to see. This worked a bit for me but something would turn them back on it seemed after a bit.
    I took the time to fix it all then save it with contact X. I won't go near BlackBerry link for any restore and have only one email account sync. I don't think we should have to be computer genius to make this work and not be so messy.
    It did for me. Skype no longer messes up my contact list. Now, my experience with Contact X can be resumed to: I asked for a refund.

I also don't use Link at all. No backup/restore issues since all my stuff is in the cloud. That could be part of the issue the OP is having.
    01-04-14 05:58 PM
    You could be right. I'm still not happy we have to be so careful so as to have so issues with a contact list. The whole linking different lists together or the way it links some together properly and some not. Maybe by 10.6 things will get better

01-04-14 06:08 PM
    You could be right. I'm still not happy we have to be so careful so as to have so issues with a contact list. The whole linking different lists together or the way it links some together properly and some not. Maybe by 10.6 things will get better

By 10.6's time I expect two things:
    1. It not to be called 10.6 lol;
    2. Most of the little bugs to be dealt with

It's a very young OS... If you look at 10.0 and 10.2.1 it's almost like a whole new OS. But I totally agree. Specially with "I'll merge these but not those."
    01-04-14 06:28 PM
    Contacts are the absolute worst part of the BB10 experience, imo.

What a F'in mess.

CDN BB
    01-04-14 09:10 PM
    Contacts are the absolute worst part of the BB10 experience, imo.

What a F'in mess.

CDN BB
    Agree. And Calendar is a close second.

Sent from my white hot Z10 Rocking Leaked 10.2
    01-04-14 09:44 PM
    Is it ok if I say I don't agree? Besides the Skype issue (which was the reason mine were miltiplicating) I didn't have any issues with either Calendar or Contacts.

I sync them both to Gmail with not a single hickup... I know Benjamin' issue is selecting the place contacts go to. That will be addressed with official 10.2.1.

What are the other issues? Maybe we can find solutions.
    01-04-14 09:49 PM
    You say your good to go with Gmail as I am with my shaw email. But I thought for fun I would try an outlook one as well. First off getting my contacts to it was a pain I managed with export from outlook 2003 that I had synced with my 9900. After I did this and set up outlook on the phone I had another mess. Then if I setup fb even though I don't want the contact list I get it and then another mess. I understand the idea behind it all it just doesn't work well yet.

Not sure but could be the different way each app creates the list. While attempting some things I noticed my contacts most anyway had their last name added to the first name field. Didn't figure out what caused it and I have system working so not sure I want to screw it up again

01-05-14 11:28 AM
    Well I don't use MS Outlook (2003 or any other issue), so let me see if I can find someone that does!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by diegonei; 01-05-14 at 01:49 PM.
    01-05-14 01:07 PM
    I need to learn to get my point in shorter form. I don't think it was just outlook for it is any new list brought in will do that. Just an attempt to backup restore with BlackBerry link messes my stuff up. Just for something to do this cold day I may do some testing myself again.

01-05-14 01:36 PM
    Use intouch app(free) it will delete all your duplicte contacts

Or contact manager(paid) it's much better as it let's you scan for duplicate names and numbers separately

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 01:50 PM