Hello fellow cb's,

I was hoping to get some answers regarding the following matter.

For a couple of months now, i've been using the Q10 and have been loving it ( more pro's than con's ), and i was eager to update to 10.2, which i did, 10.2.429 to be exact.

With 10.1, i was sideloading Whatsapp ( i don't like the native bb10 whatsapp ), and it was running quite well, i think i was the only one that didn't have the back-bar pinned down, so i was happy. The only thing i didn't like was that every once in a while i would get a ghost contact in my bb contact list, meaning, a contact that i saved in the whatsapp contact list, and not in my bb10 contacts. So it would show a name, but not a number. As this didn't happed all too regularly, i just deleted them and went on with my things. Then came the update, which totally screwed things up for me. Not only does my q10 freeze up on me every couple of days, there's this weird bug makes my bb10 contact list non-usable. As we speak, i have 2468 contacts in my contact list, while there should be only 200 or so. And it keeps duplicating and duplicating. Let's say i have Melissa. Now i have 15 of them. And that for almost every contact. It frustrates me because manually deleting them only angers the bug ( lol ), and it gives me even more ghost contacts.

Can anyone help me out here? What is up with my, once oh so loved, q10?

:- (
    11-10-13 08:56 PM
    When that happens here, I know who the culprit is: Skype.

I don't know if you have Skype there, but if you do... Well, welcome to the club. We're (the affected by such issue) are waiting for the fix.

I know this isn't something you'd want to hear but... Did you consider a security wipe and starting fresh?

You COULD also - provided all your contacts are synced safely somewhere in the cloud - remove all accounts from the device, manually delete all clones and whichever apps you think are causing it (and I suggest you use a tool to remove sideloaded apps in this case, like Sachesi or the Chrome plugin), rebooting (hold both volume keys) and then add the accounts again to get the contacts back.
    SenorPistachio likes this.
    11-10-13 09:03 PM
    Have you backed up recently? Perhaps a Security wipe and restore is in order.
    11-10-13 09:04 PM
    I do have skype.....

But i only have 3 contacts on it..?
    11-10-13 09:05 PM
    I do have skype.....

But i only have 3 contacts on it..?
    I edited my post to add more info. I know for a fact my issue is skype because only skype contacts do that - it keeps adding the same entry (only the name and no info) over and over and over.

If that's not the case, maybe there is hope for you! Let us know what you tried and the results!
    SenorPistachio likes this.
    11-10-13 09:08 PM
    I uninstalled Skype but that didn't resolve the problem. Still have those 2000+ contacts....

I will post any updates concerning this matter, and if all fails, i'll throw my q10 as hard as i can against the wall, seriously, this sucks.
    11-10-13 09:23 PM
    Like I said in the first reply, any solution right now is totally manual.

Your posts indicated skype was not your issue, but even if it were, deleting it would still leave you with a lot of manual clean up to do.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 06:32 AM