i'm really considering to upgrade from my torch to a q10, but i'm wondering if that is a really good idea. can those of you who owns or have owned a q10 share there experiences please.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800
    08-20-14 08:51 PM
    I would probably wait for the classic that is coming out to replace the Q10, but the Q10 is probably one of the best keyboard phones i have ever used, battery is pretty good screen is a little small but a good device.
    moyah8 likes this.
    08-20-14 09:02 PM
    Don't use your carrier to upgrade to the Q10. You can get the Q10 on amazon from anywhere between $180 and $250 depending on the carrier you have.

As you can probably tell from any of my posts, I love this phone. I'm a Hardcore BB fan. I can happily say that I'm from the legacy device days of the 83xx series, unfortunately not the 8700e though . But anyway, I have a Galaxy Note 3 and an iphone 4s. I've used both for a very long time for different reason. Note 3 because the carrier I switched to didn't have the Q10 and the iphone, well, because I wanted to try the iphone.

Q10 blows the others out of the water with how much I can get done with it. I can get documents finished, blog, play games all at my leisure. The physical keyboard is unmatched by any BlackBerry beforehand. Except, the 8330, that keyboard was amazing

This is obviously completely my opinion.

I suggest the Q10 because it's simply a fun device to have. I love to hold it. It feels nice in the hand. There are faults to it like any device, but it's the best one for me, and they always have been.

Posted via Q10RR
    anon721037 and moyah8 like this.
    08-20-14 09:13 PM
    Definitely wait for the classic unless you're getting a great deal on a new Q10. The keyboard is phenomenal and the Classic should share this feel I would imagine. Have you considered a Z30? I know at least here in canada they all just dropped in price!

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3247
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-20-14 09:16 PM
    Don't use your carrier to upgrade to the Q10. You can get the Q10 on amazon from anywhere between $180 and $250 depending on the carrier you have. Do this and wait for the classic.

As you can probably tell from any of my posts, I love this phone. I'm a Hardcore BB fan. I can happily say that I'm from the legacy device days of the 83xx series, unfortunately not the 8700e though . But anyway, I have a Galaxy Note 3 and an iphone 4s. I've used both for a very long time for different reason. Note 3 because the carrier I switched to didn't have the Q10 and the iphone, well, because I wanted to try the iphone.

Q10 blows the others out of the water with how much I can get done with it. I can get documents finished, blog, play games all at my leisure. The physical keyboard is unmatched by any BlackBerry beforehand. Except, the 8330, that keyboard was amazing

This is obviously completely my opinion.

I suggest the Q10 because it's simply a fun device to have. I love to hold it. It feels nice in the hand. There are faults to it like any device, but it's the best one for me, and they always have been.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-20-14 09:17 PM
    I keep trying to edit my post but it double posted instead. What I was trying to correct on my post was that you should buy on amazon if you can. When the classic comes...then you upgrade

Posted via Q10RR
    jd6102 likes this.
    08-20-14 09:23 PM
    I would wait for the classic. I love my Q10 but will purchase the classic as it combines my two favorites, 9900 and Q10! Cant beat that!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    jd6102 likes this.
    08-20-14 09:27 PM
    I will be hanging on to the Q10 at least until the Passport comes out. I just want to see what the Passport has to offer. But I will most likely be getting the Classic.

Anyway the Q10 is an amazing phone. I would suggest picking one up. But I also recommend not using your upgrade, like the other people said get one from Amazon or any other place that you can get a deal from. But no matter what you won't be disappointed with the Q10. I've had every high end phone that has come out for the last 5 years and this so far has been my favorite.

So go for it and don't look back.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    08-20-14 11:21 PM
    Just to add to this, I would say this phones battery life is insane. I frequently switch from IOS to BB, and my Q 10 is just a powerhouse. Moderate use - EASY 15 hours. When the phone is idle (unlike the iPhone) does not drain the battery. Even when I'm busy at work, and I'm getting texts,calls, emails and FB the phone might drop 2% an hour if that.

During the week i often don't use my phone to heavy because of work loads, and I take it off the charger at 5am and just got home now (12:20am EST) and still have 29% battery left. This is including listening to an audio book for 2 hours (commute) and moderate use

On the weekends, with heavy-moderate use, I still get anywhere from 10-15 hours. I have a black background set, keep bluetooth on all day, and no wifi, (Verizon LTE)

Im sure everyones battery experience may vary, whether it be specific apps or possible battery damage, but getting an easy 15 hours with still 30-40% left is by far the best battery life you will experience (I'm only comparing iPhones and BB because personally i despise android and don't even take the platform seriously, its a joke to me)

I would probably wait for the classic that is coming out to replace the Q10, but the Q10 is probably one of the best keyboard phones i have ever used, battery is pretty good screen is a little small but a good device.
    08-20-14 11:24 PM
    I recommend this phone! This is currently the best value proposition in BlackBerry's line up.

The Z10 is unusable because of its battery life. The Z30 easily costs $500 brand new. And you can find the Q10 for half the price.

As mentioned, the battery lasts more than a day for me, usually about 1.5 to 2 days. Even if I charge my phone nightly, it is comforting to know that i would never have to worry about the battery life ever again.

Once you learn how to type without looking, the typing will be just as fast as a virtual keyboard but with a lot less error. Typing out long emails on this thing is such a joy on this. I just wait for occasions to write a long mail, just because the physical keyboard feel and sound are so amazing.

The screen size is good for media consumption as well. I have Supertube for Youtube and I watch Youtube videos all the time. And I don't think even people with the bigger phones watch full movies on their phones either!

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    08-21-14 02:04 AM
    I'm on my Q10 and I would get the Classic if it released with an affordable price. Anyway, I would keep Q10 for a long term. It's a nice device.

Posted by my Cute 10!
    08-21-14 04:43 AM
    The Q10 is a very good device even more so with the ability to use Android apps. The only real downfall is the screen size but with a physical keyboard you have to give something up.
    They are very inexpensive to purchase at this time especially with new devices getting released soon.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 05:40 AM
    Great price right if you can get one brand new. BlackBerry got everything right with this PB handset. Great battery life. User replaceable battery, great BB10 OS. Sublime keyboard.

I'm assuming all these features will be true for the upcoming classic, save for the amazing price of the Q10 right now. And there's no certainty about whether or not the classic will have a replaceable battery.

In short, for its brand new price right now, that alone is a deal maker for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 06:35 AM