Hi,

my Q10 is shutting down really often while it's in my pocket. It happens because I inadvertently press the power button for more than three seconds. In normal day to day situations it happens less. If I'm kneeling or moving up and down often (e.g. photographing or garden work) it happens more often. Most times, I press the button inadvertantly again after a few minutes, so the Q10 is booting again. I disabled the PIN so it boots to a state where I'm available by phone. But the power off and on cycles are just dumb.

Is there any way to configure the behaviour of the button?
    Is there an interface in the Core or Cascades framework to change the behaviour by writing a little app?

All I found by googling was thread which ended in a stupid offtopic flamewar about iPhone vs Android vs Blackberry.
    04-27-14 11:30 AM
    No. The power button is just that, a power button. If is occurring to a point that it is annoying you, you might want to consider using a holster.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 11:37 AM
    No. The power button is just that, a power button. If is occurring to a point that it is annoying you, you might want to consider using a holster.

Posted via CB10
    Or a case... or looser pants
    04-27-14 11:45 AM
    1) Thanks for not going offtopic I was really afraid of that.
    2) Thanks for the clear answer!

I use the pocket pouch which is open at the top and doesn't have a rotating clip on the back. Maybe I or my wife can tweak it with a piece of leather, so that it has this flappy thingy on the top like the holster, cause the rotating clip on the backside of the holster would drive me crazy.
    04-27-14 11:53 AM
    I was going to suggest a hard case, i have some from amazon that make it difficult to push the power button. One is like this one:
    Amazon.com: MIX Hard CLEAR Back Cover Case with Flexible TPU NEON GREEN TRIM for BLACKBERRY Q10 ATT / VERIZON / SPRINT...: Cell Phones & Accessories

And the others are found by searching "s line tpu case q10". But not the silicone ones. The ones listed as hard flexible.
    Good luck!
    04-27-14 11:56 AM
    I use the pocket pouch which is open at the top and doesn't have a rotating clip on the back.
    Or can you put the phone into this particular case upside-down?
    04-27-14 12:00 PM