Hey guys

So those that visit other boards will see I went and got myself a Classic last week.

Was so excited. Without going over trodden ground again, I didn't like it. I loved my Q10 when I had it last year and wanted a PKB BB to use alongside my iPhone.

I know now that the Q10 was a much better buy for me than the Classic.

Managed to snag a sealed box brand new Q off eBay which should be here over next few days.

Looking forward to going back to the Q10. I loved the Classic keypad and BB Hub but did not like much else - especially the tool belt!

As such I yearned for the handling experience of the Q10 and am now eagerly awaiting the phone to arrive. Like with the Classic, I created a new thread so I could detail my journey with it once it arrives. Seeing how it handles 10.3 compared to when I had it at 10.2 and what it's like compared the the Classic I just sold on.

Can't wait! Hopefully I don't have another Classic experience and I actually get on with this and time has treated it well! We'll see!
    kayuz6 and Zolti like this.
    05-27-15 01:05 PM
    so this is your own diary thread I guess? Good luck with the Q
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-27-15 01:08 PM

Looking forward to going back to the Q10. I loved the Classic keypad and BB Hub but did not like much else - especially the tool belt!
    Why would you get a Classic if you don't like tool belts? It's literally the only phone still for sale today that has it, and you got it, not liking it. Not judging or criticising, but it is definitely an odd choice.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my Q10 doesn't support it.
    05-27-15 01:57 PM
    Why would you get a Classic if you don't like tool belts? It's literally the only phone still for sale today that has it, and you got it, not liking it. Not judging or criticising, but it is definitely an odd choice.

I guess OP needed to try it out, to make a final decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-27-15 02:37 PM
    Hey guys

Definitely share your experience after receiving and using the device.

Aneres11 likes this.
    05-27-15 02:40 PM
    I think I'm in the same boat. Had a Q10 last year and loved it.

My wife talked me back the iDevice v6 when it came out but I just don't like the iPhone for work. Seems forced and less natural.

Picked up a Classic a week ago and while I like it, the fit & feel are slightly mismatched for me. So I ordered a Q10 and it should be here today. Gonna try it out for a few days and if it feels better, I'm sending the Classic back.

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-27-15 03:06 PM

I didn't buy the Classic with the opinion of 'I don't like tool belts'.
    I have had plenty of BB's with tool belts and loved them. As I said though, I don't feel that BB10 OS works with a tool belt. That was the conclusion I came to after using the Classic when I received it.

I had no idea how it was going to work until I tried to use it as my main phone and I realised very quickly it wasn't for me. Tool belt and other reasons.

And @quinnspoppy - that was exactly how I felt. Something about the Classic just felt off for me. Not just the tool belt, but it didn't feel like I expected it to. It wasn't my favourite device in the hand.

Q10 on the other hand though always felt fantastic. That weaved back, nice size etc.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how it compares a year or so on and to the Classic.
    05-27-15 04:47 PM
    Coming from Android, I tried a very heavily used one from Amazon for a couple of weeks and fell in love, despite us suffering from its double-typing issue. Yesterday, I bought a new Q10 for 239 � and returned the defective one. Best OS I've ever seen on a handheld! Leaves me with only two wishes: a headless Telegram app with full hub implementation and a black hub. Blacks looks so beautiful on this screen and they save battery, too...
    I would buy and recommend the Q10 to anyone looking for a pkb and a way out of smartphones as distracting toys, hehe.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and PonyCrazyKid like this.
    05-27-15 04:56 PM
    I love the way the Classic looks. Just so nice.

However, the Toolbelt just doesn't flow with BB10. I would have tried a Passport instead. (Unless you are on Verizon like I am, than you are just SOL)

Via my BlackBerry Q10
    05-27-15 05:13 PM

However, the Toolbelt just doesn't flow with BB10. I would have tried a Passport instead. (Unless you are on Verizon like I am, than you are just SOL)

Via my BlackBerry Q10
    I'm wondering... how does the typing+feeding the dictionary/using the text prediction and auto-correction feel overall with the belt sitting between keyboard and touchscreen?

Passport doesn't really seem what compact messenger users are looking for, it's a phablet after all.

I wholeheartedly agree that Q10 in black is a sheer beauty :-)

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-27-15 05:21 PM
    I have never used word predication or auto correct! No need with this beauty of a keyboard! True, for someone looking for a messaging phone, the Passport might not go over so well. But I think the fact that the keyboard is touch sensitive and you can use it to move the cursor for exact positioning would almost make up for not having the belt. A Q10 sized phone with a touch sensitive keyboard would be just amazing.

Via my BlackBerry Q10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-27-15 07:19 PM
    A Q10 sized phone with a touch sensitive keyboard would be just amazing.

Via my BlackBerry Q10[/QUOTE]

That's serious talk right there bruh.
    05-27-15 09:17 PM
    Interesting reading some of the comments above!
    Seems I'm not alone in thinking the tool belt doesn't work with the Classic.
    Well, not that it doesn't work - because it does - but it could be better.

I just have massively fond memories of my Q10. I was foolish in that I sold my black one after a few months and went for a white to change it up. No where near as nice as the black model in my opinion. The black was on a new level of sexy. Whilst I liked the white, I quickly realised that it was no where near as sleek and professional as the black one. Lesson learned!

The guy from eBay messaged me this morning saying he was sending my Q10 out today. Looking forward to getting it. Hoping he sends it first class! That way it will be here Friday or Saturday - plenty of time to get accustomed again then over the weekend!

The thing I'm looking forward to most with the Q is 10.3. I think the smaller icons compared to the 10.2 model I had look so much better on the Q10 screen. It makes the screen appear slightly bigger IMO.

Can't wait for it to arrive. I just hope I don't have the same issues I had with the Classic - no notifications, no LED light change etc.
    We will see!
    Zolti likes this.
    05-28-15 03:03 AM
    Interesting

The thing I'm looking forward to most with the Q is 10.3. I think the smaller icons compared to the 10.2 model I had look so much better on the Q10 screen. It makes the screen appear slightly bigger IMO.

Can't wait for it to arrive. I just hope I don't have the same issues I had with the Classic - no notifications, no LED light change etc.
    We will see!
    Good luck mate, let the waiting game begin!
    As for 10.3, you should have no problems. At first I was excited, but couldn't stand the new look with those small icons, though I have to tell that the device can be customised much more to one's liking with the newer softwares. Maybe when 10.3.2 will be released officially, without major issues, I'll might give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 04:17 AM
    I just ordered myself a new Q10 off ebay myself! Went full circle, Z10--Q10--Passport--Classic--Q10. I've realized I prefer the smaller form factor over anything.
    HesSoStrange and kayuz6 like this.
    05-28-15 05:17 AM
    Yup, the Classic only exists to entice 9900 owners to move to BB10

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 05:33 AM
    Good luck mate, let the waiting game begin!
    As for 10.3, you should have no problems. At first I was excited, but couldn't stand the new look with those small icons, though I have to tell that the device can be customised much more to one's liking with the newer softwares. Maybe when 10.3.2 will be released officially, without major issues, I'll might give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks man!

When you say major issues... did you experience some when you moved to 10.3 then?
    I know a few people experienced some bugs so I guess that's something to look out for!
    05-28-15 05:39 AM
    Thanks man!

When you say major issues... did you experience some when you moved to 10.3 then?
    I know a few people experienced some bugs so I guess that's something to look out for!
    I haven't experienced really, cause I've been using it maybe for two days, then went back to 10.2.2.
    Was referring just to regular hiccups, for example one release tends to give users better battery life as opposed to another os version. As soon as the new version will be out, we will know if the wait was worth.

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-28-15 06:02 AM
    The eBay guy I bought my Q off just got in touch.
    He's posted the phone! Using 2nd class delivery... ;-/

For the price he charged for delivery I'm a bit annoyed as it wouldn't have even cost that much to send first class let alone second.

Urgh. Looking more like it'll be here next Monday Tuesday instead,
    I know I know. First world problems an all that ha.
    Just woulda been good to get all set up over the weekend!
    05-28-15 09:09 AM
    The bright side is, until it arrives, you 'll have more time spend with your loved ones.

Maybe you will get it sooner, what matters is to get a unit that will meet your expectations.

05-28-15 09:18 AM
    Very very true!
    Although Friday night is my alone time night (nothing kinky hahah) with no one bothering me as I have a free house apart from the dog!

But you're very much correct. A phone that meets all the needs would be a good start!
    I remember loving the Q10 keypad, but I also enjoyed the Classic's though it was pretty clicky. The Q10 definitely felt softer from my memory so it's always interesting to see what kind of keyboard sound and feel you're going to get! Esepcially with it being new. Though I wouldn't have a used one. I have massive OCD about used phones and always buy new and sealed if I can haha.

Let the waiting begin!
    kayuz6 and Zolti like this.
    05-28-15 09:51 AM
    So the eBay guy messaged me saying as a gesture he sent the item via special delivery - so it will be delivered today before 1pm!
    Another long day in work then! Lets see if it arrives first though!

But very kind of him. Be good to get some hands on with it tonight and hopefully find it meets my needs more than what the Classic did.
    05-29-15 03:42 AM
    Thumbs up for both the seller and the new owner.
    Preparing popcorns.

05-29-15 06:14 AM
    Q10's power on antutu
    done on my phone of course with latest leak .)
    Attachment 355050
    05-29-15 09:02 AM
    It arrived this morning. Had a text from home actually saying a package arrived!

Await my thoughts later on then...!
    I so hope my fond memories of it remain.

Not long til home time when I can give it a proper going over!
    05-29-15 10:31 AM
28 12