http://www.cnet.com.au/blackberry-di...-339347045.htm

BlackBerry Diaries: day three
    The most recent BBOS update promised the ability to install Android app APKs directly on to your BlackBerry, without having to use a side-loading program.
    04-09-14 02:54 AM
    I am also quite curious how this will end, am following his diary entries and so far his comments are quite fair. I have a similar android app experience, but luckily I am not (yet?) app dependent.
    04-09-14 04:26 AM
    I actually am not enjoying day 2 or 3's reviews now. It can be seen that the editor's heavily influenced by crackberry's suggestions .

His reviews now seem muffled because he's trying not to anger the fans (the way he kept apologizing if apps didn't work). Unlike goDaddy's review who could go all out and speak his thoughts, this one is just meh.
    04-09-14 09:49 AM
    I actually am not enjoying day 2 or 3's reviews now. It can be seen that the editor's heavily influenced by crackberry's suggestions .

His reviews now seem muffled because he's trying not to anger the fans (the way he kept apologizing if apps didn't work). Unlike goDaddy's review who could go all out and speak his thoughts, this one is just meh.
    I hope his next video installment is longer because it would allow for ad-lib and broader coverage of the device.
    04-09-14 10:05 AM
    Thanks for the link, I've been following this "test" for the full 3 days and I'm quite impressed that he's able to admit that it's actually a good phone and system and that he doesn't try to swap it the other way around like "this BlackBerry Hub is a crap, because I'm used to a notification center on Android". Plus I liked the support in comments, waiting eagerly how this week with BlackBerry ends, hope he won't change his mind suddenly for the resume.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 10:44 AM
    Again, I'm pretty impressed with how easily the Q10 fits into my life. There's been a learning curve, but it hasn't been a particularly onerous one at all.

This is going great

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 12:39 PM
    Day four is just awesome. He's typing the three words all normal phone users want to hear: it just works! Looks like we got a new crackberry addict..

Posted via CB10
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    04-10-14 05:20 AM
    http://m.cnet.com.au/blackberry-diar...-339347056.htm

Here's the link for those who don't have a bookmark. I gotta say it turned out a lot better than I expected, wonder if the editor will actually consider keeping the Q for a longer time if he likes it more than Android.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 05:59 AM
    He can also give z30 a try as he likes big screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 07:02 AM
    Well I was optimistically cautious about how the verdict would go with this week long diary. But wow! His verdict couldn't of been more positive.

http://m.cnet.com.au/blackberry-diar...-339347067.htm

Need to shout about this a little I feel

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 03:04 AM
    Wow, I'm impressed, very nice verdict!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 04:59 AM
    I wish other blogs, forums, tech sites will pick this up too. If u go on Amazon, the reviews on BB10s have been great too. It would be a shame for this OS to go to waste due to poor management and marketing.

I have had my Z10 for over a year, love it and had zero problems. This article is causing me to consider the Q10 again for that classic BlackBerry experience.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    04-11-14 07:28 AM
    Hmm I have mixed feeling about this. BlackBerry has gone a long way from making just qwerty phones. I shouldnt be saying this because I chose to wait for the q10 than to get the zed 10 when it first came out, but the z10/30 isnt half bad. We really neeed to get past with the mindset that BlackBerry only makes keyboard phones.

In retrospect I wonder when I will finally ditch the keyboard for a larger screen....

Posted via CB10
    They're just known for keyboard phones and having great keyboards that's all. If you wanted a full touch screen phone why wouldn't you take iOS or Android over BB? The app selection is much better (official apps - all the big names - are actually released in a timely manner on iOS and Android), the accessory support is much better, with Android you have a huge selection of launchers if you don't like the default one.

My Q10 (my second Blackberry in 8 years) will arrive today in the mail, I'm going to try to use it as my daily driver for 30ish days and if I don't like it I'm going to ship it back. It really scares me that Blackberry has such a mediocre maps app and that BlackBerry doesn't invest more resources on improving it. Also the search feature on Blackberry world sucks, I was browsing for apps and I found that search Google for Blackberry apps produces better results.

I'm hoping that my concerns are a result of all the "biased" bad press Blackberry has been getting.

Can anyone point me to some good guides on how to side load Android apps?
    04-11-14 07:30 AM
    That "no negativity thing" goes both ways ;-)

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    What you and some others think is negative isn't what others would call negative and doesn't deserve the disrespect the post you quoted was talking about.

All that does is make BB/CB users look like rude idiots.

That was the point.
    04-11-14 07:43 AM
    They're just known for keyboard phones and having great keyboards that's all. If you wanted a full touch screen phone why wouldn't you take iOS or Android over BB? The app selection is much better (official apps - all the big names - are actually released in a timely manner on iOS and Android), the accessory support is much better, with Android you have a huge selection of launchers if you don't like the default one.

My Q10 (my second Blackberry in 8 years) will arrive today in the mail, I'm going to try to use it as my daily driver for 30ish days and if I don't like it I'm going to ship it back. It really scares me that Blackberry has such a mediocre maps app and that BlackBerry doesn't invest more resources on improving it. Also the search feature on Blackberry world sucks, I was browsing for apps and I found that search Google for Blackberry apps produces better results.

I'm hoping that my concerns are a result of all the "biased" bad press Blackberry has been getting.

Hi! I really hope you like your Q10. I'm a former iPhone and android tablet user - if you need any help, PM me! Also, for sideloading apps you really only need to do it once. Snap gives you access to the Google play store and it's wonderful. Unfortunately because you'll be on a q10 there will be a few android apps that don't work as well with the screen dimensions but in my opinion it's worth it for the keyboard.

I use a combination of foursquare and bemapspro (paid app in BlackBerry world) to get everywhere I need to go. BlackBerry maps is terrible at search but quite good for getting places once you have the address. Both foursquare and bemapspro are tied into the native app so once you click on address it'll open and you're all set.

Google maps downloaded from snap also works really well but I prefer native whenever possible.

30 days should be enough time to learn the OS and give it an honest shot. Hope you have fun. :-)

Posted via CB10 on my beautiful Q10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    04-11-14 11:01 AM
    I like how he thinks the BlackBerry experience is with qwerty. Hmm the Z30 is absolutely the best BlackBerry experience in terms of best touch keyboard and taking full advantage of the BB10 UI. Obviously 10.3 will change that to somehow make it more productive.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Q10 has all the shortcuts.. Bb10 was designed for keyboards. You're wrong. I own both the Z30 and the Q10.
    04-11-14 03:42 PM
    Q10 has all the shortcuts.. Bb10 was designed for keyboards. You're wrong. I own both the Z30 and the Q10.
    He's not wrong he just has a preference and an opinion

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    04-11-14 11:21 PM
    I do hope this means blackberry may get better coverage on cnet Australia.. will have to see

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 05:09 AM
    He's not wrong he just has a preference and an opinion

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    He was being snotty, so I replied in kind. Is my opinion not also valid? I was just more direct in the way I said he was wrong.

Anyway, it's Monday. Do we have an article yet.
    04-14-14 10:25 AM

Bla1ze posted a great step by step (and very easy) article here on CB. Basically you install a plugin into Chrome. Download the .bar file for snap. Use the plugin to install it onto your device. Takes a few seconds.

Honestly though, you have to take into consideration that with the Q10 most Android apps won't work out. This is due to the basic fact that Android apps are typically made for large screen touch phones vs the 720x720 screen of the Q10. But this is coming from someone who doesn't live the app life so you might work it out for yourself
    blee4 likes this.
    04-14-14 09:23 PM
    @celticmagick Thanks for the info about the screen size, I don't need every app but there are some critical ones. For banking I'll make due with the mobile websites, but navigation is very important to me so I hope I can get Google maps to work properly. I guess I didn't realize how far behind Blackberry was, I'm on day 5 and I'm begrudgingly accepting the pit falls like mail not updating on my BB in realtime when I read/delete from web mail or a desktop mail client.
    04-15-14 10:52 AM
    @celticmagick Thanks for the info about the screen size, I don't need every app but there are some critical ones. For banking I'll make due with the mobile websites, but navigation is very important to me so I hope I can get Google maps to work properly. I guess I didn't realize how far behind Blackberry was, I'm on day 5 and I'm begrudgingly accepting the pit falls like mail not updating on my BB in realtime when I read/delete from web mail or a desktop mail client.
    BB10 uses the same mail implementations that other mobile OS's do, so I'm not quite sure either what isn't working for you, or what you're expecting. When I send mail from my phone, it sends. When I send mail from my PC it sends. If I refresh my mail on my BlackBerry, it reflects both cases.

Posted via my Z30 using CB10
    04-15-14 12:20 PM
    BB10 uses the same mail implementations that other mobile OS's do, so I'm not quite sure either what isn't working for you, or what you're expecting. When I send mail from my phone, it sends. When I send mail from my PC it sends. If I refresh my mail on my BlackBerry, it reflects both cases.

Posted via my Z30 using CB10
    I'm talking about this....

Emails deleted on device don't delete on server
    04-16-14 06:55 AM
48 12