Picked up the Q10 today. Very nice phone. But the space bar feels a bit wonky. It doesn't have that satisfying click like the rest of the keys. Takes a bit of pressure for it to register. Is it defective? Anyone else have this problem?
    05-02-13 01:15 PM
    Guess I'm back to Z10. Went back to the store to compare the keyboard with the display unit. My Q10 is definitely busted. Can't exchange it cause the store only has 3 units and they're all reserved. They don't expect any new stock till next week.
    05-02-13 02:17 PM
    So wait till next week
    05-02-13 02:29 PM
    Ya, thanks for that awesome words of support.

So wait till next week
    05-02-13 02:33 PM
    Ya, thanks for that awesome words of support.
    hahaha

Sent from my BlackBerry Curve 3G - Sprint
    Tweet Me! - @TylerJNelson32
    BBM Me! - 32A586F1
    05-02-13 02:40 PM
    Yeah, it sounds like a defective unit. My spacebar has the same tactile response as any other key. I'd return it and get a new one when they're in later. Otherwise you could run into issues with the return if the new stock is delayed beyond your return period. Or worse, you damage the phone or exceed talk/data time that is covered under the return policy. That's frusterating...
    05-02-13 02:45 PM
    I guess there's a lesson to be learned here; always check out a device before purchasing it! I too learned this the hard way with my 9900. When I brought it home that night, I noticed gaps in between the bezel and the rubber coating around the back of the phone along with gaps in the charging port. Later I noticed that the trackpad had issues in sunlight. I needed to beg AT&T for a new phone because they wouldn't give me a new one if it was a conditional problem. When I go to get a Q10, I will open the box right in front of the salesman and make sure that everything is how it should be.
    05-02-13 04:14 PM
    Picked up the Q10 today. Very nice phone. But the space bar feels a bit wonky. It doesn't have that satisfying click like the rest of the keys. Takes a bit of pressure for it to register. Is it defective? Anyone else have this problem?
    I have the same issue with the spacebar. Would make click sound when I run thumb over the length of the key. Annoying but guess just have to live with it.
    05-02-13 04:28 PM
    I have the same issue with the spacebar. Would make click sound when I run thumb over the length of the key. Annoying but guess just have to live with it.
    05-02-13 04:29 PM
    I have the same problem with my space bar.

When I hit the exact middle of the spacebar button, it feels just fine, but any bias to the left ot right side and it clicks like its in there too tight.

Not a big deal tho. I'll see if wearing it in fixes it.

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    05-02-13 04:54 PM
    A buddy of mine fixed by rocking the space bar left to right for a bit. Seems to loosen it. I'm back on the Q10.
    05-02-13 07:24 PM
    Agreed I have a click space bar as well on my gf Q10 not happy might take it back. I'll let her play with it for a day and see how she feels about it. Problem is she has a white one si store may not be able to switch yet
    05-02-13 09:41 PM
    My spacebar is okay, but my return key is not "clicky". I was hitting it a few times to see if it would fix the problem, no luck. The return key feels like it's caved in.
    05-02-13 11:43 PM
    I had the same issue with my spacebar too and yes, rocking the spacebar left and right, left and right, will make it 'fit' better. I think the issue was that it had a bit too much friction on the lower side with the phone and it remained in a state of 'semi' depressed (not registering spaces) that when you wanted to press it, it would not have the same amount of give like the rest of the keys plus the noise of the friction with the bezel.

Fixed it, though. I guess it is like a good pair of headphones....gotta 'break them in'.
    05-03-13 05:20 PM
    At least we no longer have a squeaky trackpad like some new 9900's.

My space bar seems normal

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 05:29 PM
    Got a Q10 Wed last week and after a few days out of nowhere my space bar became clicky (same exact problem people are describing) . The spaces still registered when typing but I found it disappointing since I hadn't even had it more than a week. So today I went and exchanged it for a new one, hopefully it doesn't happen again or I'll have to settle for a z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 08:29 PM
    I don't know why they just can't get these keyboards bulletproof after so many years of R&D and production.
    05-07-13 09:33 PM
    Agreed. Although I haven't had issues [yet] with my Q10 keyboard, I've had my fare share on many past BlackBerry's. Come on BlackBerry, figure it out already! Lord knows you charge enough for your hardware; the least you could do is invest some money into quality assurance. And like previously said, it's not like you haven't had enough time to perfect it.
    05-08-13 01:27 AM
    Yep, had had my Q10 for a week. 1st and 2nd day space bar was fine, 3rd day since, same thing, no click and have to press hard for it to work. sucks.
    05-10-13 06:25 PM
    Return the device anything wrong with the phone needs to be returned and the space bar does and should not be wonky.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 06:43 PM