I don't like the small tool belt on Classic. Useless for me.
    05-06-16 10:50 PM
    I don't like the small tool belt on Classic. Useless for me.
    I tend to think the same. It's small and there is no backlight around the edges of the trackpad like on the 9900.
    Last edited by andy957; 05-08-16 at 02:08 PM.
    05-07-16 10:45 PM
    I have the Classic because my fingers shake and I need a big keyboard and the toolbelt helps as well but both are great choices.
    05-08-16 12:06 AM
    Q10 also has hdmi out - something I personally have no use for day to day, but on testing it handles the docs I tried with it flawlessly.
    05-08-16 03:40 AM
    I have this dilemma myself. The Q10 is much cheaper right now but the Classic is newer. Both are perfectly sized for me. I am here to ask if there is any noticeable difference between the keyboard and the battery life between the two.
    Classic is newer model but internals almost the same. Battery life almost the same. Build quality is another story: personally Q10 has better overall build quality. I guess it it the only difference that should matter to you.

Q10
    05-08-16 02:07 PM
    Hardware is the same. They both have a square screen so not much difference there.. with the updates you are at par with classic users

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 11:58 AM
    Q all the way. Removable battery was the selling point for me. Plus can type really fast on Q keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    05-15-16 11:59 AM
    Q10 has a nice design it has that outer metalic bold look just love it.. feels more like a black berry

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 02:33 PM
    I'm considering a used Q10. I had a Q5 for awhile but sadly the hardware failed over time. I always liked its bright LCD screen in the outdoors.

I see that the Q10 is thought of fondly around here. Just wondering how the LED screen holds up, especially outside? TIA!
    05-15-16 06:43 PM
    I'm considering a used Q10. I had a Q5 for awhile but sadly the hardware failed over time. I always liked its bright LCD screen in the outdoors.

I see that the Q10 is thought of fondly around here. Just wondering how the LED screen holds up, especially outside? TIA!
    As with any phone, if you put a glass screen protector on, it will last a long time.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 07:36 PM

I had the q5 (broke as well) I have the classic and the q10 now. The screen on the q10 is my least favorite part. It's dark in sunlight and bright in the dark. Just not enough adjustment on it. I really like the automatic adjustment on my classic in comparison. I do like the additional black screens on the q10 and how the black looks but I'm not a fan of the how it displays whites especially if your not looking straight on. I would still take the 10 over the 5 though as its got that premium build to it, and that back cover is the nicest material I think I have ever felt on a smartphone. Really wish that had it on the classic too!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 07:56 PM
    I have both and it's almost a tossup as I love that toolbelt mainly the trackpad. Wish the Q10 had one! For me, the smaller size of the Q10 make it a better device, but if I was in school I think the toolbelt / trackpad are needed for the heavier use it would get if you intend to use it for document composing / editing, if not, the Q10 can do it all in a more compact form. Not that the Q10 can't also do documents well.

looking at all the replies already made, I think you cant go wrong with either one!
    05-15-16 08:09 PM

It doesn't have an LED screen.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    05-16-16 04:19 AM
    That should have been LCD screen, sorry.

05-16-16 04:20 AM

The Q10 has a super AMOLED screen, which in my opinion, is not as good as LCD screens (e.g. Bold 9900 and more recently the Classic) for outside use particularly in bright sunshine. But that's all a matter of personal preference and if you search these CB forums you'll find plenty of discussion about the Q10 screen brightness and it's use outside etc.
    05-16-16 05:36 AM

I know it doesn't -- that's why I asked about the Q10's LED (or AMOLED) screen.
    05-16-16 05:46 AM
    Classic classic classic.

Newer..Better..Faster...Bigger...Classic Look and comfort..quality feel when in hand..physical keys to connect and disconnect...and much much more...

Buy from amazon or somewhere else online so u can get it at cheaper price!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 07:22 AM
    Does the Classic feel much heavier than the Q10?

Can you explain "physical keys to connect and disconnect"?
    05-16-16 09:09 AM
    Classic

Posted using my lovely Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2876. Faced no issues since 3 years. Love BlackBerry very much. Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 09:59 AM
    The Q10 has a super AMOLED screen, which in my opinion, is not as good as LCD screens (e.g. Bold 9900 and more recently the Classic) for outside use particularly in bright sunshine. But that's all a matter of personal preference and if you search these CB forums you'll find plenty of discussion about the Q10 screen brightness and it's use outside etc.
    I am well aware of what the Q10 has for a screen. Also, I have no issues with its brightness indoors or out (if I did, people would know, because I am happiest when I am complaining). ;-)

05-16-16 11:08 AM
    Does the Classic feel much heavier than the Q10?

Can you explain "physical keys to connect and disconnect"?
    Yes...a little...but it feels really strong in hand..and also the grippy back cover adds more elegance!

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-16-16 12:16 PM
    I had both and used both for a a year each, including travelling overseas. my use is social, with personal email. Med to high. Both are good but I had issues with the q, battery was better in classic. I like amoled, I love it actually but the classic screen is sharper by far due to the q10 pentile matrix. When I got the q10 and replaced my HTC one x (lcd with similar 300ish ppi) I was shocked how poor the images were on the q. But I got used to it. But the worse part was inconsistent touch sensitivity across the screen, making it hard to hit send.
    I still loved my q10. I got a classic and never picked up the q again. Only downside to classic is its not a small phone. The q is small.
    I'd buy the classic, but it's slow compared to z30 and passport. Which I also have.
    The classic keyboard is the best, beats q and passport. The back key the hang up key and call keys are all awesome. Trackpad comes in when scrolling websites with a lot of clickable links.
    Apart from size classic beats q. Looks they both look good.

Buy the new classic so if they keyboard double types you can swap it under warranty. I had to do this and they gave me a replacement classic which was great no issues. The q I bought used so I had to live with its double typing. Now my brother lives with its double typing haha

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 04:45 PM
    I have no experience with the Classic but can tell you that the Q10 is an excellent device. The screen is small but you don't get a Q10 for watching movies or playing games. Amazingly productive phone.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-16-16 08:31 PM
    As always, only you can decide.

Having said that, I am a strong proponent of the Q. The size, the removable battery, one handed use, the keyboard, yes, the keyboard even with its "challenges", make it the best phone for me. So much I have stock on the shelf as I think this is the last one handed PKB phone by BB. Not to mention the last one handed PKB with BB10....
    to boldly go likes this.
    05-17-16 01:30 AM
    I own both- the classic as my personal device and the Q10 for my business. Both are great devices, but I prefer my classic for any one of a number of reasons already mentioned: screen size, keyboard (classic has a far superior keyboard in my opinion), brighter screen. I can live with those when I use my Q10, but the thing I miss the most is the tool belt. I know a lot of people don't think much of it, but I never realised just how much I use it (particularly the track pad) until I have to use my work phone and then it surprises me all over again.

It ultimately comes down to personal preference and how much you are looking to spend and I suspect therein lies the rub. I only got the Q10 for my business as I managed to get it second hand on ebay for �40 (whereas the classics were significantly more).

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 04:50 AM
97 1234