Planning to Buy Classic or Q10...
    Q10 cost around Rs.17000 or 255$
    whereas Classic cost around Rs.25000 or 375$

Is Classic worth the extra cost?

It will be my first Blackberry and I will be using it for rest of my 5 years in Law School...

For me below are the cons n pros of each of them..

BB Q10
    Pros
    Removable Battery, Small in Size,Cheaper and Repairing is also somewhat cheaper.

Cons
    Small Screen,No Toolbelt, Some says that the Back Cover after use years come off easily

BB Classic
    Pros
    Larger Screen, Toolbelt,Improved Battery Life, Newer in market as compared to Q10

Cons
    Uni Body, Heavier, Costlier than Q10
    michaelgo101 likes this.
    03-29-16 08:39 AM
    You may as well just get the Classic. Even though its a little bigger and heavier, the tool belt is nice to have in this form factor.

I'm pretty sure the price of a used Classic in like new condition is much less than 375. Check Kijiji and Craig's list.
    03-29-16 09:01 AM
    Planning to Buy Classic or Q10...
    Q10 cost around Rs.17000 or 255$
    whereas Classic cost around Rs.25000 or 375$

Is Classic worth the extra cost?

It will be my first Blackberry and I will be using it for rest of my 5 years in Law School...

For me below are the cons n pros of each of them..

BB Q10
    Pros
    Removable Battery, Small in Size,Cheaper and Repairing is also somewhat cheaper.

Cons
    Small Screen,No Toolbelt, Some says that the Back Cover after use years come off easily

BB Classic
    Pros
    Larger Screen, Toolbelt,Improved Battery Life, Newer in market as compared to Q10

Cons
    Uni Body, Heavier, Costlier than Q10
    The Q10 is definitely the one to purchase. I had misgivings about the lack of a Tool Belt when I moved from a 9900 to my trusted Q10, but I grew accustomed to the Q. The biggest Pro for the Q10 is the removable battery, especially if you are going to be a heavy user of the device. Being able to switch out batteries when needed is so much better than depending on being able to charge the device when you need it the most. Also, the removable battery extends the life span of the device without needing to take it to a shop to have a new battery installed. The screen really isn't that small and having a smaller screen makes the Q10 more readily transportable, jacket or suit pocket as well as pants pockets. My Q10 is three years old with no evidence of the back cover becoming loose at all.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    03-29-16 09:10 AM
    The Q10 is definitely the one to purchase. I had misgivings about the lack of a Tool Belt when I moved from a 9900 to my trusted Q10, but I grew accustomed to the Q. The biggest Pro for the Q10 is the removable battery, especially if you are going to be a heavy user of the device. Being able to switch out batteries when needed is so much better than depending on being able to charge the device when you need it the most. Also, the removable battery extends the life span of the device without needing to take it to a shop to have a new battery installed. The screen really isn't that small and having a smaller screen makes the Q10 more readily transportable, jacket or suit pocket as well as pants pockets. My Q10 is three years old with no evidence of the back cover becoming loose at all.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    Like he said.
    Get the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 09:12 AM
    I think you are posting the same question again.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 12:23 PM
    You forgot to add the pixel problem in your con listing for the Classic.
    Imo I'd only get a Classic if you couldn't live without a Toolbelt. You are paying for a bit more screen, same hardware, an additional Toolbelt round about 100$ in addition.
    I've been owning a Q10 for some weeks now and it's awesome to have this little beast next to my passport.
    If you plan to use that smartphone for business and social media only I'd recommend a Q10.
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-29-16 01:16 PM
    I purchased two classics and sold them fast I just found the sound was not loud enough on the first one so out that went.... then I figured I d try one again but also found the same issue... I've kept this little trusty Q10 around as my battery issues started to creep up with my Z10 and I cracked the Screen on my Z30.... I was an EX BB9900 user anyway so it's been about a full two weeks of my never put in service Q10 and I gotta say once you get use to the size, it's a nice little machine and even though no tool belt I've gotten use to it. On another note I have seen in mint condition Classics going for $250.00 ca on kijiji in the GTA

Posted via CB10
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-29-16 03:18 PM
    Congrats on choosing BlackBerry over Lumia Between the Q and Classic I have settled on Q. Hardware is almost identical, screen is not small at all, q looks and feels better made, speaker is better on q, battery life, size, size, size. I believe that it will serve you better in combo with surface 3. If you're buying phone for next 5 years, compare them live and buy Q10

Q10
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-29-16 04:06 PM
    Some have said that it's a lot easier to multi select emails,browse web, or going back in an app, ending calls with toolbelt..
    That's why I asked this question..
    03-29-16 09:20 PM
    You will not know untill you have had all of them.
    Q5  My English is not good.
    Last edited by whattiger; 03-30-16 at 12:08 AM.
    03-29-16 11:45 PM
    I will still prefer my Q10 over classic, no doubt the newer one has better look, but for me, as I work mostly on my BlackBerry, being able to change the battery is my ultimate reason to stick on Q10, it keeps me moving without the problem locating the power plug to charge..

Posted via CB10
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-30-16 05:15 AM
    I was also in the same boat as you are a few days ago. In the end, i choose the Classic because:

1. Newer model, newer stocks - i prefer purchasing new items versus to used and i just can't get a new Q10 locally (the best i saw was open boxed)

2. Larger screen, more real estate

3. Didn't bother about non-removable battery as i have a powerbank anyway

4. Tool belt - having that physical call keys and trackpad has its benefits. I read somewhere in this forum that "You can always use the Classic like a Q10, but you can never use a Q10 like a Classic."
    Aman1007 and TheBlkGuyFrmWrk like this.
    03-30-16 08:18 AM
    Go for the beast Q1o
    I've had my Q1o for 3 weeks now and I'm finding it amazing
    For the record I switched from iphone 5c to BBQ 1o be coz of the removable battery, I'm sure I will nvr regret it

 The Beast BB Q1o 
    Aman1007 and anon(5597702) like this.
    03-30-16 10:03 AM
    If you are going to keep the phone for more than two years, you should go for the Q10.

The battery of the Classic will be worn it well before the five years. Then the entire phone will be useless.

The Q10 is also a whole lot easier to do repairs if you ever need to switch out the keyboard.

The Classic is a disposable phone made by Foxconn. The Q10 is a true BlackBerry made by BlackBerry to last.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 11:04 AM
    If you don't mind the size, I would pick Passport. Costlier option with app base, Priv.

IF I had to pick just these two, Classic solely due to the batterylife. I own a Q10, yes there's been an issue with my back cover since 2 or 3 months into using. Screen size, I don't see that much of a big difference between Q10 and Classic personally.
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-30-16 11:15 AM
    I have both and like both. I prefer screen on classic due to its size and being lcd over the q10's amoled. I find that although the screen doesn't really make a difference in that you see almost the same amount of content, however it's simply much nicer to have the bigger screen.
    I prefer the keyboard on the classic as well, it's a bit larger and has better feedback then the q10.
    The back on my q10 has started getting loose as well and I think due to that the phone restarts if bumped just hard enough (sometimes just putting it on the table does it)
    I really like the q10 for size and the back feels a lot better then the plastic one on the classic, besides those 2 things the classic is superior. I agree 100% with what was stated earlier in the a classic will do what a q10 can but not the other way around. The toolbelt is amazing for productivity.

Posted via CB10
    Ralph V likes this.
    05-03-16 08:01 PM
    I suspect that the loose battery cover issue on the Q10 is just wear on the little tabs on the cover. A replacement cover is under $5 on eBay.

The Classic has the trackpad and buttons, the LCD screen (even the lcd on my 9900 is sharper than the Q10's amoled), and a bigger keyboard. The keyboard size might be a pro or a con. I'm fastest on the tiny keyboard on my Palm Pre3, but I digress.

The Q10 has the user replaceable battery, a better size in the hand (smaller), and is easier to disassemble and repair.

I have a Q10, but I was such a big fan of the Bold 9900 that I probably would have bought a Classic if it had been available at the time, and the price was the same. If the Q10 is a lot less expensive, I'd go with it, since the internal hardware is pretty much the same, and it has the advantages noted above.
    05-03-16 11:37 PM
    Q10 is my choice, purely because it's a true blackberry phone not made by some Chinese crap company unlike classic.

Posted via CB10
    workittywork likes this.
    05-04-16 05:51 AM
    I have this dilemma myself. The Q10 is much cheaper right now but the Classic is newer. Both are perfectly sized for me. I am here to ask if there is any noticeable difference between the keyboard and the battery life between the two.

I already own a new Z30 but I miss the keyboard from my old days of using the Curve and I'd like another BlackBerry before they become rare! I actually really love how the Q10 looks and I am not sure how useful the trackpad is going to be to me after not using it in years. OP, let me know what you decide and why!
    05-04-16 04:25 PM
    I dont like the tool belt! Q10 all the way! Less buttons a step in the right direction if u ask me!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 08:22 PM
    I vote for the Classic here. Then again, I really love the tool belt and use it a lot.

I've had a few Q10's and the size and back cover feel a lot better in the hand. That part goes to the Q.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 08:52 PM
    Next 5 years? I'd think twice about going BlackBerry.

the q10 is a nice little phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 10:14 PM
    I have this dilemma myself. The Q10 is much cheaper right now but the Classic is newer. Both are perfectly sized for me....!
    That's ridiculous. Classic is significantly larger, Z30 size. How can they both be 'perfectly sized'? Not even close.

For the original poster... Q10 all the way. While I'd love to have a trackpad, the replaceable battery is a killer feature, especially if you are going to keep it 5 years. BBOS 10 is pretty good as a touch optimized OS and I can't imagine a better keyboard
    Avenzuno likes this.
    05-04-16 10:29 PM
    Toolbelt I think takes away from what bb10 os wanted to be, which is button free and gesture based. The Toolbelt defeats the whole purpose of that. Q10 I'd say is the better choice. Replaceable battery and easier to replace an mod parts

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    05-05-16 01:08 AM
    What I meant is the size is not a factor for me in choosing between the two, I'm happy with the size of either phone.

EDIT: replied to EFats above

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 11:13 AM
97 123 ...