Hi I got a new bb q10 (my old screen cracked) so I signed in with my bb id on my new device. But now when I want to backup my old phone and restore it on my new device it's saying I need to have the same id on both.
    Looks like somehow my old device got my other email address (that I had on my phone) for the bb id.
    Now my question is it possible to get back my original bb id on my old device without having to wipe the phone?
    11-18-13 10:13 AM
    No, you cannot change the BlackBerryID without doing a security wipe.

Security wipe the new phone and put the same ID on it as the old phone. After you do that, you can edit the email of the BlackBerryID to whatever email you want associated with it, but even with the new email, it will be the same BlackBerryID account.
    11-18-13 10:28 AM
    No, you cannot change the BlackBerryID without doing a security wipe.

Security wipe the new phone and put the same ID on it as the old phone. After you do that, you can edit the email of the BlackBerryID to whatever email you want associated with it, but even with the new email, it will be the same BlackBerryID account.
    But the problem is that now I have all my bbm contact on my original bb id this means if I sign in on my new phone with the bb id that my old phone has now I won't have the contacts back.
    11-18-13 10:51 AM
    Just go to Blackberry ID services https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/home sign in and edit your account info.
    I was able to change my info including my ID and email with out doing a security wipe of my Q10. Hope this helps.
    11-18-13 11:41 PM
    Just go to Blackberry ID services https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/home sign in and edit your account info.
    I was able to change my info including my ID and email with out doing a security wipe of my Q10. Hope this helps.
    That just changes the email associated with the BBID, not the BBID itself. For example if phone one had a BBID with [email protected] and phone two had an email of [email protected], if you tried to change the email of the john BBID to [email protected] it will give an error that the mary email is already associated with another BBID. I just tried it myself using two BBID I have and I cannot assign an email in use by another BBID to the first BBID.

Lets go a bit further, if you change the mary BBID to some other email and then go to the john BBID to change it to mary, it may allow you to do that, but the john BBID does not get any of the apps or BlackBerry BBM contacts that were associated with the mary account.

What we need is some sort of management console where we can transfer apps and contacts between BlackBerryId. Using the example above, transfer the apps and contacts associated with the john account to the mary account.

Back to the original posters question, he has to security wipe the phone and set it up with the proper BlackBerryID.
    Last edited by robsteve; 11-19-13 at 11:54 AM.
    thntfx likes this.
    11-19-13 11:02 AM
    That just changes the email associated with the BBID, not the BBID itself. For example if phone one had a BBID with [email protected] and phone two had an email of [email protected], if you tried to change the email of the john BBID to [email protected] it will give an error that the mary email is already associated with another BBID. I just tried it myself using two BBID I have and I cannot assign an email in use by another BBID to the first BBID.

Lets go a bit further, if you change the mary BBID to some other email and then go to the john BBID to change it to mary, it may allow you to do that, but the john BBID does not get any of the apps or BlackBerry BBM contacts that were associated with the mary account.

What we need is some sort of management console where we can transfer apps and contacts between BlackBerryId. Using the example above, transfer the apps and contacts associated with the john account to the mary account.

Back to the original posters question, he has to security wipe the phone and set it up with the proper BlackBerryID.

What is missing in the whol
    Thanks very well written
    This means or loss all the bbm contacts or loss all constants like apps pictures........
    That sucks.
    11-19-13 11:06 AM
    Thanks very well written
    This means or loss all the bbm contacts or loss all constants like apps pictures........
    That sucks.
    You can always get the BBM contacts back by reinviting them. The only way to get the apps back is to repurchase them. For pictures on the phone, just plug it into a PC and copy them to the PC prior to the wipe.
    11-19-13 11:53 AM
    Ummm backup the device to a pc first?

Extract the desired info from the back up?
    Not saying that will work for apps, but it sure should work for your contacts and stuff

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    11-19-13 12:04 PM
    Ummm backup the device to a pc first?

Extract the desired info from the back up?
    Not saying that will work for apps, but it sure should work for your contacts and stuff

I don't think that Link will allow a restore backups between different BlackBerryID, though maybe one of the third party tools may have this ability.

You can try asking in this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/
    11-19-13 12:09 PM
    I don't think that Link will allow a restore backups between different BlackBerryID, though maybe one of the third party tools may have this ability.

You can try asking in this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/
    You don't necessarily have to do it via link.
    Just as en example, if you back it up to the pc and then extract the contacts info to some excel delimited file, you could get an app like intouch contacts app, on the pc.
    Put the contact info there, then download it on the device and use the same account to restore to the device as you created on the pc.
    Or if you sync it to an email account there is always that option

11-19-13 02:14 PM