(be sure to see my challenge to anyone below)

This date definitely marks a milestone for me. Literally 5 years in the making and I just ordered the Q10 from Verizon (pre-ordering just starting about 30 mins ago). I am still using a Motorola Q9c! I tried upgrading to a Bold 9930 when it first came out but my IT's BES was too old to sync my flagged e-mails via my Exchange Server so I had to return it and sit tight. But I have been holding out this whole time because I hate touchscreen keyboards.

And to put the agonizing wait in perspective, I make 3-4 hrs of calls per DAY and I get about 100-250 e-mails per day, so I am very heavy user. In fact, my phone is SO OLD that I tried ordering 3 different extended batteries for my Q9c (from different suppliers) and they all arrived completely dead because they had been sitting in inventory for years! The irony here is that I'm a very heavy business user so I wasn't trying to save money by not upgrading - trust me - I would have gladly spent the money. There just wasn't another Verizon keyboard phone (aside from Bold that I couldn't sync with my follow up flags) that I could that had the type of battery life that I needed with a decent physical keyboard (ie. The Droid Pro was definitely NOT going to cut it for my talk time and the keyboard ) even with an extended battery.

To say that I'm excited is my understatement of the Year. My seidio extended battery on my Q9c is so old that I l have literally had to keep my phone plugged in for HOURS each day while I am on business calls FOR MONTHS just so I can get through each day while I wait for my Q10!

So here's my challenge: I challenge anyone else to top the agonizing wait that I have had for 5 years with my Motorola Q9c! Anyone out there been waiting for this Q10 longer than me?
    05-30-13 12:55 AM
    (be sure to see my challenge to anyone below)

This date definitely marks a milestone for me. Literally 5 years in the making and I just ordered the Q10 from Verizon (pre-ordering just starting about 30 mins ago). I am still using a Motorola Q9c! I tried upgrading to a Bold 9930 when it first came out but my IT's BES was too old to sync my flagged e-mails via my Exchange Server so I had to return it and sit tight. But I have been holding out this whole time because I hate touchscreen keyboards.

And to put the agonizing wait in perspective, I make 3-4 hrs of calls per DAY and I get about 100-250 e-mails per day, so I am very heavy user. In fact, my phone is SO OLD that I tried ordering 3 different extended batteries for my Q9c (from different suppliers) and they all arrived completely dead because they had been sitting in inventory for years! The irony here is that I'm a very heavy business user so I wasn't trying to save money by not upgrading - trust me - I would have gladly spent the money. There just wasn't another Verizon keyboard phone (aside from Bold that I couldn't sync with my follow up flags) that I could that had the type of battery life that I needed with a decent physical keyboard (ie. The Droid Pro was definitely NOT going to cut it for my talk time and the keyboard ) even with an extended battery.

To say that I'm excited is my understatement of the Year. My seidio extended battery on my Q9c is so old that I l have literally had to keep my phone plugged in for HOURS each day while I am on business calls FOR MONTHS just so I can get through each day while I wait for my Q10!

So here's my challenge: I challenge anyone else to top the agonizing wait that I have had for 5 years with my Motorola Q9c! Anyone out there been waiting for this Q10 longer than me?
    That's quite a large amount of sacrifice and wait. Here's to the Q10 being the answer to your prayers! I saw a Q9C in real life once, and the fellow that owned it couldn't wait til he upgraded. This was early in 09.
    amp323 and thecurryman like this.
    05-30-13 01:09 AM
    05-30-13 01:12 AM
    That's quite a large amount of sacrifice and wait. Here's to the Q10 being the answer to your prayers! I saw a Q9C in real life once, and the fellow that owned it couldn't wait til he upgraded. This was early in 09.
    Thanks! And who knows - that could have been me that you talked to back in '09!
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-30-13 01:18 AM

Thanks for the tip. I'm eagerly awaiting for an extended battery to be released (hopefully by Seidio or someone reliable), as I doubt the phone will last all day with my heavy usage (3-4 hrs talk time + 12 hrs standby + many e-mails). I have no issue with a "hump" on my back cover, as I have had one for years!
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-30-13 01:22 AM
    Now this is what I call having patience.
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-30-13 01:25 AM
    Now this is what I call having patience.
    Thanks. It was all for the sake of keeping a physical keyboard. Not sure if "patience" or "stubborn" is the right word...
    eddy_berry and BergerKing like this.
    05-30-13 02:01 AM
    Oh man.. Sure hope it won't let you down! I'd be curious to find out how a hard core user such as yourself would rate the Q10. Are you going to post a user review after a few weeks of intense usage?
    05-30-13 02:08 AM
    It is realy odd that the physical keyboard lasted so long. Are you sure you had used the same phone over all those 5 years, with all that heavy use? No offence, but I just find it so hard to believe...
    05-30-13 02:31 AM
    Oh man.. Sure hope it won't let you down! I'd be curious to find out how a hard core user such as yourself would rate the Q10. Are you going to post a user review after a few weeks of intense usage?
    I will probably post a review just to help others who are heavy talkers to get a better idea of the battery life...
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-30-13 02:42 AM
    It is realy odd that the physical keyboard lasted so long. Are you sure you had used the same phone over all those 5 years, with all that heavy use? No offence, but I just find it so hard to believe...
    Sorry for the confusion. My most recent Q9c lasted about 4 yrs until several months ago. I had to buy an eBay replacement Q9c just to get through the past few months. I think I had 4 of them over the past 5 years. But that still doesn't really change my 5 total years of agony - trust me!
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-30-13 02:47 AM
    Haha I love this post.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-30-13 04:03 AM
    Needless to say, you are the champion

Posted by CB
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-30-13 09:34 AM
    if its any conselation i used a q9 back in the day... that was my first ever real smartphone/physical keyboard device and i LOVED it!
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-30-13 12:10 PM
    Upgrading from the Q9 to the Q10 seems like the right thing to do.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-30-13 12:32 PM

Posted via CB10

Yes, I literally realized last night that I was upgrading from a Q9 to a Q10. Ridiculously coincidental. It would be interesting to hear how they came up with the names, given that they're so similar... Probably the same brand marketing person just working for BB now who used to work for Motorola back then. Pretty funny...

I'm surprised no one else has this type of story, given how challenging it has been to find a keyboard phone. Anyone???
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-30-13 12:37 PM
    The battery bundle is excellent. It has saved me many times and don't like to leave home without it.

It's even saved my Windows phone owning son a couple times.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-30-13 01:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Good point, that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    copperred1.3 likes this.
    05-30-13 06:48 PM