Sorry guys, a little insight would help and wondering if it's my carrier related? All day yesterday and today, cannot send out emails on my Carrier "Telus" account just stalls and then I get the red "do not enter" symbol on the email trying to fire out. Hit resend and it hangs and hangs to go nowhere. I've blown away the account and set it up again IMAP.

I've been receiving emails just fine over the couple days not being able to send out and it's been a production killer for me. Now the fun part, if I turn on my WiFi and connect somewhere, they send out. Sooooooo. What gives?

Also to note, when I have setup the email account, I get a warning message come up saying something to the effect of "can only send emails from home network yadda yadda" I'm lost guys. Anyone?

Cheers
    05-16-13 01:01 AM
    Sorry guys, a little insight would help and wondering if it's my carrier related? All day yesterday and today, cannot send out emails on my Carrier "Telus" account just stalls and then I get the red "do not enter" symbol on the email trying to fire out. Hit resend and it hangs and hangs to go nowhere. I've blown away the account and set it up again IMAP.

I've been receiving emails just fine over the couple days not being able to send out and it's been a production killer for me. Now the fun part, if I turn on my WiFi and connect somewhere, they send out. Sooooooo. What gives?

Also to note, when I have setup the email account, I get a warning message come up saying something to the effect of "can only send emails from home network yadda yadda" I'm lost guys. Anyone?

Cheers
    So your using a @telus email? Or are you using Gmail/Outlook and on that same note is it IMAP/AS or POP3? I know there is a common SMTP bug that stops emails from being sent. Try to look around on the BlackBerry knowledge base for the article on it. I'd link but it's late here and getting ready for bed, just thought I'd respond quickly to try and some what help out

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 01:08 AM
    Hi yes I do have an outlook account setup working fine as another account. So there is conflict?? Ugh
    05-16-13 01:15 AM
    So after searching the knowledge base on BB, I find that there is no fix to send email from my main Telus account on BB10?? Only if I'm connected at home, will the email send. Well that's pretty useless. That's a little ridiculous!! Can I please have email working from my internet carrier pleeease? Wow. I know it's a new OS here but come on.
    05-16-13 01:35 AM
    I fixed my own issue here thanks to another on the forums, for those of you that this can help and similar to me, my email specs were this:

Bell is my provider however Telus home / main email
    Settings are:
    Imap.telus.net
    Port 143
    Smtp server: mail.1xbell.ca
    Port: 25
    Sst off
    Hope this helps
    05-16-13 01:49 AM
    That makes sense than since Bell wouldn't let you send a Telus email over their network

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:07 AM
    Nevermind, it's messed up again. Not able to send again. Only receive on my Telus account. Man this is frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:39 AM
    I fixed my own issue here thanks to another on the forums, for those of you that this can help and similar to me, my email specs were this:

Bell is my provider however Telus home / main email
    Settings are:
    Imap.telus.net
    Port 143
    Smtp server: mail.1xbell.ca
    Port: 25
    Sst off
    Hope this helps
    That may not work when you are on wifi. The SMTP server usually has to be on the same network as your phone is connected to. We used to have similar problems with an Eastlink email and the solution was to use a different port and SSL.
    05-16-13 10:43 AM
    That may not work when you are on wifi. The SMTP server usually has to be on the same network as your phone is connected to. We used to have similar problems with an Eastlink email and the solution was to use a different port and SSL.
    You're correct, while on my home office WiFi, the SMTP server is obviously roadblocking. Like I said, this is very frustrating. Either I stay off WiFi until blackberry and telus get this solved...hopefully soon?? Or I have to go in and manually change the SMTP everytime. Which i have no time to do in and out of the office.
    05-16-13 10:49 AM
    You're correct, while on my home office WiFi, the SMTP server is obviously roadblocking. Like I said, this is very frustrating. Either I stay off WiFi until blackberry and telus get this solved...hopefully soon?? Or I have to go in and manually change the SMTP everytime. Which i have no time to do in and out of the office.
    My wife went through this same sort of email hell with her iPhone 4s, which actually got her to switch to a BlackBerry 9810, which worked perfectly. We had a couple issues when we went to the Z10, but they were solved.

Is this a recent problem or has it just started? I think the solution is typically to use a custom port and SSL, so that the phone can make a secure connection to the Telus network to use their smtp server. You need to know that port number. For example on our eastlink accounts it is using 465 for the SMTP port.
    05-16-13 10:55 AM
    I've tried a couple combinations with regards to Telus IMAP port, SMTP port with SSL on or off. I've never needed the SSL obviously being on BIS before. There is no update that I've seen regarding the SSL and SMTP server requiring user and password. I'm going to place a call to Telus tech support to find out and I'll report back my findings.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:59 AM
    Is this a @telus.blackberry.com email? Because those emails are being phased out. BlackBerry is no longer supporting those as of BB10 since they do not use BIS on BB10

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:06 AM
    Is this a @telus.blackberry.com email? Because those emails are being phased out. BlackBerry is no longer supporting those as of BB10 since they do not use BIS on BB10

Posted via CB10
    No its not, just standard home Internet account. Always been great prior to the new BlackBerry OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:15 AM
    Someone found a work around here

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8499949

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 02:44 PM