Hello all,

I just purchased a Q10 from AT&T. When I try to open BlackBerry World, the app just force closes. I am beyond frustrated. Not the type of experience I was hoping for when I returned to BlackBerry. Unfortunately, I don't have time to spend rolling back os versions or searching for a solution.
    I'm really disappointed in this experience. After just one day i'm ready to go back to my previous device.
    I STILL love BlackBerry and I'm sure this is just a hiccup, but with the other options available today I don't see myself willingly giving up time to deal with the inconvenience.
    05-13-14 06:57 PM
    Couple of deep breaths. Make sure you are on the latest OS, swipe down select settings then software updates, then check for updates. Do a device reboot. And then try App world again.
    05-14-14 07:34 PM
    Took the deep breath, a couple of them actually, then followed the rest of your advice. Unfortunately, I still am having no luck>
    05-14-14 07:42 PM
    Ok I am reaching out for help here please standby.
    p51 likes this.
    05-14-14 09:05 PM
    Hello,

I'd recommend downloading the file below and running it with your phone connected via USB. It's the BlackBerry World recovery tool and is designed to fix a bunch of issues that may arise, such as this one.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...B3B7729D92828A

Let us know if it works!
    05-14-14 09:07 PM
    Ok. Will try that & let you know how it goes. Thank you
    pkcable likes this.
    05-14-14 09:56 PM
    Another obstacle..the recovery won't work on a Mac. I don't have access to a PC. More deep breaths
    05-14-14 10:05 PM
    It is not just the OP. There is a serious issue with BlackBerry World on newer Q10's. I just received a new one two days ago. When I opened BlackBerry World I was told it needed to be updated and when hit the Upgrade Button it closed itself. After multiple tries it just finally updated and worked fine.

For a full write go to the Carrier Discussion Forum and go into Verizon Wireless and checkout the thread with the title about New Verizon Q10's Having Broken BlackBerry Worlds as there is a fix discussed in there.

Hammered out with my White Q10
    p51 likes this.
    05-14-14 10:09 PM
    Sadly, BlackBerry is aware, and the link I posted is their "temporary" fix for the situation.

Trying to find a Mac loader for it. Stay tuned.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-15-14 06:34 AM
  10. crossed_over_to_the_dark_side's Avatar
    Hello,

I'd recommend downloading the file below and running it with your phone connected via USB. It's the BlackBerry World recovery tool and is designed to fix a bunch of issues that may arise, such as this one.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...B3B7729D92828A

Let us know if it works!
    I just bought one as well, although Sprint. BBW was working fine until yesterday. I tried the link above as directed and then reboot afterwards and it still isn't working. Yesterday I did download the Amazon app store so I could get Netflix and it's working great, but no BBW now. Could that be the reason it stopped working?
    05-16-14 08:16 AM
    Doubt that Amazon App Store is the issue. My BBW hasn't been working at all since I received the device on Monday. I also downloaded the Amazon App Store, which works ok. I am so frustrated by this experience that I will be returning the Q10 tomorrow. Everyone here has been very kind and very helpful but I can't justify the time spent trying to troubleshoot this issue when there are plenty of devices out there capable of meeting my needs.
    Last edited by p51; 05-16-14 at 05:02 PM.
    05-16-14 04:46 PM