what the hell is wrong with this ****? After 4 times of failing to download this new update through link, I was at 87% and it had a "fatal" error. Now its stuck in this stand by mode blinking with a yellow light. What the hell is wrong?!?!?! This **** is pissing me off to no end. I am honestly ready to ditch blackberry for good and go to something that works **** this piece of sh!t phone!!!!!!
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    03-18-14 10:21 PM
    Just be advised: That can happen to ANY phone. Mess the update halfway and you brick it. ANY. PHONE.

So if you care to calm down, we can try to help you out, for that's what we do here.

First, give it a 20 minutes charge, you don't want to risk another fluke by battery discharge.

Next, grab any autoloader and run it. It should get your device up and running again. But it will also wipe the device. I hope you have backups.

These things happen, hope you get it working soon.
    Thalestr and valleyag like this.
    03-18-14 10:27 PM
    Just be advised: That can happen to ANY phone. Mess the update halfway and you brick it. ANY. PHONE.

So if you care to calm down, we can try to help you out, for that's what we do here.

First, give it a 20 minutes charge, you don't want to risk another fluke by battery discharge.

Next, grab any autoloader and run it. It should get your device up and running again. But it will also wipe the device. I hope you have backups.

These things happen, hope you get it working soon.
    Thanks for the quick reply yo, I am letting it sit on the charger now and it seems to be starting up finally. But I don't get how the battery could die so quick when it was connected to my computer downloading the update through link...

Plus the phone is just fuuucking up in general by shutting down and not wanting to start up again right in the middle of the download, even when its plugged in. sh!t is ridiculous
    03-18-14 10:31 PM
    Mine downloaded without a hitch.
    03-18-14 10:33 PM
    Well, **** happens in tech. It's a ground rule.
    03-18-14 10:35 PM
    Updating via computer? Official update via Link I presume. If you can, it is safer, in my opinion, to plug into an outlet and update over wifi. It just so happens that USB ports can sometimes get shifted and corrupt the update which will result in a bricked phone. It has happened to people I know. If I connect my phone to my PC via USB I am always careful as to how it is positioned so I don't need to move it or it won't get bumped into. Also, sometimes the USB is so worn that it is necessary to lean the connector against a book or something to ensure the contacts stay connected. But that is a really bad case and may not be needed if your connector fits snug.
    03-18-14 10:49 PM
    what the hell is wrong with this ****? After 4 times of failing to download this new update through link, I was at 87% and it had a "fatal" error. Now its stuck in this stand by mode blinking with a yellow light. What the hell is wrong?!?!?! This **** is pissing me off to no end. I am honestly ready to ditch blackberry for good and go to something that works **** this piece of sh!t phone!!!!!!
    Let it out brah, it's bad to hold **** back.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei and kbz1960 like this.
    03-18-14 10:53 PM
    Let it out brah, it's bad to hold **** back.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 11:01 PM
    I updated! And some of my most used apps don't work anymore eveen reinstalling! I had to do a rollback!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 09:01 AM
    It's all good guys got drunk last night and woke up having to restart my Q, and wow its a whole new OS! Loving it! Must of been in a bad mood yesterday

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 09:55 AM