My Q10 started exhibiting odd behavior the other day: when I am not on wifi but on regular mobile data, I don�t get any BES emails on my Q10 (calendar and contact updates don�t work either, so it appears all BES connectivity doesn�t work even though I see the BB dots indicating connectivity to the BES). POP/IMAP email is working fine - just BES doesn't work. Once I connect to wifi, everything works normally.

Here�s the strange part: my Z10 works fine both on mobile data and wifi (I have them both active at the moment on the same TMO account with different phone numbers). The only difference is that the Q10 is on BES, but Z10 is on ActiveSync. I made no changes to my TMO account.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    09-26-13 10:56 AM
    You might want to check with T-Mobile on this one. It could be they still need to flag the account as a Blackberry, even for the new OS10 phones.

Which phone has your original number on it?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 11:25 AM
    My Q10 started exhibiting odd behavior the other day: when I am not on wifi but on regular mobile data, I don�t get any BES emails on my Q10 (calendar and contact updates don�t work either, so it appears all BES connectivity doesn�t work even though I see the BB dots indicating connectivity to the BES). POP/IMAP email is working fine - just BES doesn't work. Once I connect to wifi, everything works normally.

Here�s the strange part: my Z10 works fine both on mobile data and wifi (I have them both active at the moment on the same TMO account with different phone numbers). The only difference is that the Q10 is on BES, but Z10 is on ActiveSync. I made no changes to my TMO account.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Shouldn't you be talking to your IT department? The ones who installed the BES. Unless you mean BIS, which the BB10 phones don't use. If you mean the small Blackberry icon on the phone, that is Blackberry Services. That needs to be activated with your carrier.
    09-26-13 11:29 AM
    You might want to check with T-Mobile on this one. It could be they still need to flag the account as a Blackberry, even for the new OS10 phones. Which phone has your original number on it? Posted via CB10
    I have been using the Q10 on this account for a few months and everything was working fine. This just started. Could TMO have changed something?
    09-26-13 11:48 AM
    I have been using the Q10 on this account for a few months and everything was working fine. This just started. Could TMO have changed something?
    If it worked and then stopped working and you didn't change SIM cards, try a reboot. If that doesn't fix it you should call T-Mobile and see if your account is setup correctly.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 12:13 PM
    I swapped SIM cards - Q10 still doesn't work and Z10 works. Plus I found that it actuallt exhibits the same behavior on wifi, so it isn't a carrier issue. Based on my last email received, it happened sometime this morning when I left the house (which is why I attributed it to the carrier originally).

Rebooted several times with no success. Going to delete and re-add the account.

ETA: swapped SIM cards and now it appears to be working - this is frustrating. Intermittent problems drive me nuts! Thanks everyone - will update thread when I figure out what happened.
    09-26-13 03:28 PM
    I had occasion to speak to T-Mobile this morning regarding changing a Blackberry Q10 to a Galaxy Note 2 - the rep told me that I no longer needed to change the data plan (as of two days ago, a different rep changed my data plan to a BB compatible one) - so I think something did change on T-Mobile (at least here on Long Island).
    09-26-13 03:34 PM