Or a BB7 Bold. BB10 is a failure on so many fronts

Pity management can't take head out of *** long enough to see the sinking ship. I'm the only friend I have still using BlackBerry who switched to the Q10. None of the others will. They look at my Q10 and shrug it off as inferior to their Bold models. All business people.
    A line we will hear ad nauseum, especially once it hits the US.

Sticking to my bold till the morons at bbry "get it."
    05-22-13 12:27 PM
    That makes sense. With the Curve, you click a button to turn on the screen and see the notifications across the top. On the Z10, you can click the power button to turn on the screen and your notifications will be along the left side of the screen.

It's just a different way of doing things.

Posted via CB10
    With a Curve (or bold, or Torch) click ANY button to turn on the phone, and click any letter for speed dial. Two rapid clicks and the phone is dialing. With the q10, you have to peek, then hope you're on the home screen, press the phone icon, gesture thru contacts yada yada yada - to make a PHONE call. OH, yeah, and you need to press the "end call" icon 12 times to hang up.

Welcome to the ridiculously inferior bPhone.
    Bdot-1 likes this.
    05-22-13 12:35 PM
    I totally agree with you. Blackberry must address this issue and stick an email icon on the home screen. I miss it as well. I didn't want to have to swipe across to get to the hub. If there is an icon on the home screen,then I don't have to. If they don't do this quickly I am leaving blackberry forever.
    Good bye

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-22-13 02:06 PM
    I don't get people when it comes to tech. You want an email icon? Buy an iPhone or Android, yes simple. BB10 will not get give you an email icon out of the box unless it's a third party app, if there's one available. Use bb10 as it meant to.

Posted via CB10
    Dude you have no idea what your talking about.

They will implement an icon and a second instance of email, you wait and see. Then maybe you'll stop hurting blackberrys image with such phrases as "buy android or iphone"

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 05-23-13 at 03:21 PM.
    Sail6382 likes this.
    05-23-13 03:05 PM
    With a Curve (or bold, or Torch) click ANY button to turn on the phone, and click any letter for speed dial. Two rapid clicks and the phone is dialing. With the q10, you have to peek, then hope you're on the home screen, press the phone icon, gesture thru contacts yada yada yada - to make a PHONE call. OH, yeah, and you need to press the "end call" icon 12 times to hang up.

Exactly. Switched back to the 9900 and since Rogers still don't have an update to fix the various bugs and shortcuts they removed, returning the Q10 this afternoon, will stick with the 9900.

Let's hope they'll get their act together before the US launch.
    05-23-13 03:53 PM
    I've been watching some reviews and checked it out in a Roger's store but I don't remember seeing the email app on the
    home screen. I really have no use for the hub and all of the swiping to get to the email app when a simple icon on the
    home screen would do the job and be much faster to access. Could a user please confirm the email app can be placed
    there. Thank you.
    Just a suggestion:

1) Go to the Hub on your Z10
    2) Press the three vertical dots on the lower right of the screen
    3) Press the gear symbol labeled "Settings"
    4) Press the "Hub Management" tab
    5) Underneath where it reads 'Change the items that are included in the main view of the Hub.', set all the categories EXCEPT "Email Accounts" to "Off".

Now the only notifications displayed in your main Hub are your emails in your Inbox, in reverse chronological order. The one caveat is, if you go from your Email to any other section of the hub, you need to return to email before exiting the Hub - which is the one thing I would like to see changed (IMHO your "Hub Management" settings should always override wherever you might have been the last time you used the Hub). And your other notifications (SMS/MMS, calls, VM, etc) still appear on your lock screen, as always.

It works for me. YMMV.
    05-23-13 04:21 PM
    Blackberry has to get an email icon on the home screen. I have other devices for entertainment my q 10 is my business phone. I need speed-dial, camera and email. Simple , fast efficient for basic business needs is what made bb successful. I understand the need to move forward and innovate, but not at the expense of what made bb great in the first place
    05-25-13 11:44 AM
    Blackberry has to get an email icon on the home screen. I have other devices for entertainment my q 10 is my business phone. I need speed-dial, camera and email. Simple , fast efficient for basic business needs is what made bb successful. I understand the need to move forward and innovate, but not at the expense of what made bb great in the first place
    I agree. A quick shortcut to take you straight into the email app. There's many times where I'm 6 swipes deep in the hub. I feel like I'm swiping right forever coming from the app screen just to get to an email

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 03:15 PM
    Why doesn't BlackBerry give us the best of both worlds? I have now been using the Q10 for about a week and yes the Hub is great but am I really asking for so much for there to be an email Icon on the home screen for emails. That way I can get to it quickly by one quick press if I am on the home screen? I just don't believe that I am crazy asking for this as so many of you out there seem to believe I am.
    There is already a button on the "home screen" or haven't you been paying attention?
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-25-13 03:31 PM
    I agree. A quick shortcut to take you straight into the email app. There's many times where I'm 6 swipes deep in the hub. I feel like I'm swiping right forever coming from the app screen just to get to an email

Posted via CB10
    It is only as deep as you left it. I don't want to loose that feature as I do a lot of peeking to read the email information which gets put into a browser or a document.
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-25-13 03:33 PM
    The camera is too simple to access and really quick. I use my Z10 for business and don't seem to have the problems that you have.
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-25-13 03:35 PM

Now we know you are lying. One press on end call is all one needs. Having problems with your fingers?
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-25-13 03:36 PM
    Seriously I feel like I'm in a room with a bunch of 2 year Olds?? The hub is the best thing since sliced bread?? Let's be real, obviously you don't use this phone for business

Posted via CB10
    Many times when someone on this forum asks a question they get degraded or putdown. This practice deters others from asking for advice. Just because you think you know more shouldn't give you the right to issue a demeaning statement.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-26-13 09:17 PM
    The best BB yet is the Bold 9900, if I wanted a sliding screen phone I would of gotten an i phone or the z10 now, but I don't so I'm going to give it at least 2more months with this BB Q10 if I cannot hack the darn sliding I will switch it and leave BB for good too. I want the keyboard to copy and paste , it takes too damn long it slows me down too much.
    And also the email icon should be on the home screen like the BB 9900. Like I said I will switch in an instant.
    06-14-13 09:56 PM
    The best BB yet is the Bold 9900, if I wanted a sliding screen phone I would of gotten an i phone or the z10 now, but I don't so I'm going to give it at least 2more months with this BB Q10 if I cannot hack the darn sliding I will switch it and leave BB for good too. I want the keyboard to copy and paste , it takes too damn long it slows me down too much.
    And also the email icon should be on the home screen like the BB 9900. Like I said I will switch in an instant.Ohh and to end a phone call is like for ever pressing the end call button, and to add a contact omgshh dont bother asking!!!
    06-14-13 10:09 PM
    And also the email icon should be on the home screen like the BB 9900. Like I said I will switch in an instant.Ohh and to end a phone call is like for ever pressing the end call button, and to add a contact omgshh dont bother asking!!!
    I've never experienced this end call issue people have mentioned a lot in other posts. Mine is perfectly responsive, same goes for answering and / or ignoring calls.. you might have a defective device

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 10:12 PM
    I've been watching some reviews and checked it out in a Roger's store but I don't remember seeing the email app on the
    home screen. I really have no use for the hub and all of the swiping to get to the email app when a simple icon on the
    home screen would do the job and be much faster to access. Could a user please confirm the email app can be placed
    there. Thank you.
    07-13-16 04:45 AM
92 ... 234