I've been watching some reviews and checked it out in a Roger's store but I don't remember seeing the email app on the
    home screen. I really have no use for the hub and all of the swiping to get to the email app when a simple icon on the
    home screen would do the job and be much faster to access. Could a user please confirm the email app can be placed
    there. Thank you.
    05-11-13 11:09 PM
    The hub is your email. There is no separate app. The gesture to get to it is very quick and easy. Just a simple swipe up and to the right from anywhere in BlackBerry 10. Doesn't matter which app you are in at the moment it will always bring you to the hub.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 11:15 PM
    I totally agree with you. Blackberry must address this issue and stick an email icon on the home screen. I miss it as well. I didn't want to have to swipe across to get to the hub. If there is an icon on the home screen,then I don't have to. If they don't do this quickly I am leaving blackberry forever.
    05-12-13 03:09 AM
    Are you guys Crazy? One of the best Features of BB10 is this Hub, no Icon to look for, just a simple gesture and you're right there.

I even hate the "Text Message / SMS" Icon we have now, cause it brings you into the SMS Pane within the Hub, so next time you peek, you only see Text Messages and it requires another gesture (or even two) to get in the Global Hub.

If BlackBerry is planning to implement your request, I hope they first implement the ability to Hide Icons.

Posted via CB10 on Dev Alpha C
    05-12-13 03:16 AM
    Guys, with all do respect but this is a bit nitpicking, not? The swipe gesture is very easy, i doubt it takes a lot more time than a mail button. Plus most of the gestures on BB 10 are swipes so better get used to it. BB 10 will, of course, improve over time and don't forget it is fairly new.
    Last edited by Mo Cat; 05-12-13 at 05:39 AM.
    05-12-13 03:17 AM
    I totally agree with you. Blackberry must address this issue and stick an email icon on the home screen. I miss it as well. I didn't want to have to swipe across to get to the hub. If there is an icon on the home screen,then I don't have to. If they don't do this quickly I am leaving blackberry forever.
    Good bye. But before you go, maybe you should actually learn about the product before you post something like this.

You don't swipe across to get to the hub. You either have to do a single up and to the right swipe or press the three horizontal bar icon at the bottom of the screen. So it has the icon that you speak of.
    05-12-13 03:17 AM
    I've been watching some reviews and checked it out in a Roger's store but I don't remember seeing the email app on the
    home screen. I really have no use for the hub and all of the swiping to get to the email app when a simple icon on the
    home screen would do the job and be much faster to access. Could a user please confirm the email app can be placed
    there. Thank you.
    This is just stupid. The hub is the best way to have your email accessible all the time. All of the swiping is one up and to the right gesture. Since it is easy to see that you have never tried it, then you will be forgiven for your lack of knowledge.
    05-12-13 03:18 AM
    Why would we need an icon when there is the hub?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 03:21 AM
    OP an icon may be a bit slower with opening emails if you're on the home screen but lots slower if you're in an app.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 03:36 AM
    I clearly I seem to be in the minority but surely just pressing an email icon in the home screen is the easiest solution. This is what we had before. Also why is there a text icon on the home screen as this can also be accessed from the hub. Surely this is a lack of consistency?
    kevets likes this.
    05-12-13 03:39 AM
    On the playbook it would make sense, but for the z10 and q10 that would be missing the point of this os.
    05-12-13 03:44 AM
    Are you guys Crazy? One of the best Features of BB10 is this Hub, no Icon to look for, just a simple gesture and you're right there.

I even hate the "Text Message / SMS" Icon we have now, cause it brings you into the SMS Pane within the Hub, so next time you peek, you only see Text Messages and it requires another gesture (or even two) to get in the Global Hub.

If BlackBerry is planning to implement your request, I hope they first implement the ability to Hide Icons.

Re final sentence: There is always the option of creating an "Unused folder" and leaving it out of the way on your last page. The SMS icon here went that way v early on.
    05-12-13 04:18 AM
    I clearly I seem to be in the minority but surely just pressing an email icon in the home screen is the easiest solution. This is what we had before. Also why is there a text icon on the home screen as this can also be accessed from the hub. Surely this is a lack of consistency?
    You surely don't 1. have a BB10 device and 2. read my post. There already is an icon on the home screen to get directly to the hub.
    05-12-13 04:29 AM
    You surely don't 1. have a BB10 device and 2. read my post. There already is an icon on the home screen to get directly to the hub.
    Exactly! First symbol on the left at the bottom of the screen above phone, search and camera icons. Just tap on that from any page your on and you can access the Hub straight away without swiping. Of course if you're in any app first you would need to minimise it first, or (and this is the amazing thing on BB10) you can Peek into the Hub without exiting from your app, game or whatever. Why would you not want to use this awesome feature when in any apps? Sheesh!

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    05-12-13 04:39 AM
    For those who want an icon to launch email there is the free 'Compose' app by SCrApps.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 04:52 AM
    Don't need an email icon on the Apps page. In fact, BB10 should have taken away the text messages icon too! Go to the Hub! That is what the Hub is for.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 05:14 AM
    I don't feel that people who want an email icon as crazy or stupid, I just feel its an inability to think about changing your workflow. The hub is the greatest thing to hit smartphones since touch screens. I just feel that some people inherently resist change and can't deal with it. The hub is so far advanced beyond an email icon, the icon thing is pass�, welcomes to the future of mobile computing, it's important to keep an open mind or get another phone.
    05-12-13 05:21 AM
    For those who want an icon to launch email there is the free 'Compose' app by SCrApps.

Posted via CB10
    On my Q10 i just type the letter "e" and it gives me compose email option immediately, also a handy feature.
    05-12-13 05:45 AM
    Ok then, In essence there is an icon if there is something on the bottom left above the phone and camera icon. Thanks for that. That makes more sense than swiping for sure unless you're in an app.
    05-12-13 09:10 AM
    OMG come on now the Hub is the Email app icon.
    05-12-13 09:31 AM

No your crazy...

Try transferring text between an email and a text message. You cannot keep both open in the hub.... man why are there so many ignorant people here.. Classic case of " I don't need it so nobody else should"

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 09:32 AM
    This makes no sense. Why would you need a icon when all you do is swipe from any app your are in to get to the hub. The hub is your email and 1 point for everything you need to access. How hard is it to swipe? I love swiping, the flow is amazing and I don't feel like everything is so mechanical with button presses. I love the swipe and I don't care one bit for email icon. In my opinion its completely useless to have an email icon when you have access to your hub from anywhere you see on the z10 with 1 swipe gesture. My 2 cents worth.

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Z10
    05-12-13 09:41 AM
    Also had bis before but that's gone. Had push with Gmail and that's gone too. Had a Java based o's and yep that's gone too. S's others said, get used to it cause it's not gonna change any time soon.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    05-12-13 09:42 AM
    I agree with regards to the text icon but disagree with the need, or ease of use, for an email icon. A single motion can take you to your emails via the hub. With an icon, it may be the same if nothing else is open, but if you have any active frames open or are within an app, it becomes much less efficient as you'd need to swipe up to minimize, swipe over to get your app list, then tap.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 09:57 AM
    Use the compose app from Scrapps. Free in BlackBerry world.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 10:04 AM
92 123 ...