I'm looking to purchase a BlackBerry HS-250 Headset, mainly to listen to a streaming broadcast. I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that this will work, or that the headset will only work with phone calls. I'll be opening the stream through the browser, if that makes a difference.
    07-26-13 04:57 PM
    Bluetooth runs over different protocols. The two main ones we are going to discuss here are the hands free protocol and A2dp which is stereo audio.

When you connect bluetooth devices together there's a sort of handshake shake were they tell each other what they can do.

A single eatbhedset will have the hands free protocol but not the a2dp, so when connected your blackberry will route phone calls to it, but not music.

A 2 eared headset though, like the Motorola s10 will support a2dp. Thus when connected the Blackberry will send audio to the headset.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 05:02 PM
    Ah, poo.

Is there a BlackBerry headset that will both stream music and receive calls?

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    07-26-13 06:02 PM
    There is no headset new for bb10 . The premium one has the leather cover from the 9700!! A new one is needed. Asap.

Via my Zormtrooper...
    07-26-13 06:25 PM
    Ah, poo.

Is there a BlackBerry headset that will both stream music and receive calls?

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    No BlackBerry brand one. But any stereo bluetooth headset will work with your BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 06:35 PM
    I use a Jawbone Icon and can listen to streaming music on it.

Posted via CB10
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    07-26-13 07:36 PM
    ...A single eatbhedset will have the hands free protocol but not the a2dp, so when connected your blackberry will route phone calls to it, but not music.
    There are single ear headsets (such as the Jawbone Icon) that support A2DP and will stream music from the BlackBerry.

To the OP, you need to ensure that the headset you are considering supports A2DP (Stereo). That's the key.
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    07-26-13 07:40 PM
    I'm looking to purchase a BlackBerry HS-250 Headset, mainly to listen to a streaming broadcast. I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that this will work, or that the headset will only work with phone calls. I'll be opening the stream through the browser, if that makes a difference.
    Yes it will work with HS-250

Another good bluetooth handsfree solution, is to get the BlackBerry bluetooth speakers ( BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker | BlackBerry Speakerphones | ShopCrackBerry ), and connect a pair of really good earphones+microphone (Bose MIE2i works great) - and you get the freedom of Bluetooth + stereo music + handsfree Calls + remote control volume + start/stop/answer/call etc.... and some of the best sounding in-ear earphones...
    The speaker is small - strap it to your belt, inside of jacket etc...
    07-26-13 07:41 PM
    I'm using Bose Series 2. It is A2DP and can stream music and also answer calls. Only downside is the pricing.
    07-26-13 07:48 PM
    I bought a cheap 9.99$ one at Fry's and it's working like a charm.
    07-26-13 07:50 PM