NOTHING uses data when you are connected to wifi or Mobile Hotspot.

Posted via CB10
    I'm a cus care agent for one of the big companies and the biggest heaad scratcher for me is runaway data while roaming. People are calling in adamant on wifi yet billed data roaming!?
    Not sure why? Is that because some carriers do not permit data usage on wifi so when u think yer on wfi your still using data?

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    12-17-13 03:48 AM
    The average user likely doesn't know how to change the phone settings to avoid data charges. They likely turn on airplane mode while roaming, then turn off airplane mode before turning on Wifi instead of just turning on Wifi while airplane mode is still on. This would result in the phone downloading some data while connecting to foreign networks.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 03:54 AM
    So much incorrect information in this thread. Let's just get this straight please: there's no such thing as unlimited email only plans on BlackBerry 10. On legacy BlackBerry's this was possible with the BIS NOC (via service books), but that's not the case with BlackBerry 10. With BlackBerry 10 you either have unlimited data or you don't. They can't (and don't) offer unlimited email plans or unlimited social plans with BlackBerry 10.
    12-17-13 09:06 PM
28 12