Hi Everyone,
    I haven't seen this discussed on the Q10 forum yet so I wanted to post the question in case someone knows the answer or has done it.
    Is the 9810 Sim Card interchangeable with the Q10? I'm just curious if it can be interchanged or if I can just put it in my new Q10 when I get it?
    Also, while I'm on the subject of cards, I have a 16GB SD media card in my 9810, can it be used in the new Q10 as well?
    Thanks and if this has been answered somewhere else, I apologize for the duplicate thread/post. Just couldn't find it.
    04-30-13 01:47 PM
    Hi Everyone,
    I haven't seen this discussed on the Q10 forum yet so I wanted to post the question in case someone knows the answer or has done it.
    Is the 9810 Sim Card interchangeable with the Q10? I'm just curious if it can be interchanged or if I can just put it in my new Q10 when I get it?
    Also, while I'm on the subject of cards, I have a 16GB SD media card in my 9810, can it be used in the new Q10 as well?
    Thanks and if this has been answered somewhere else, I apologize for the duplicate thread/post. Just couldn't find it.
    Hi go1ndr
    As a generic response, I'll say that the SIM you have in your current device is a regular SIM, while the Q10 one is a micro SIM (smaller).
    So, the optimum solution is to ask your carrier to change your SIM when you order your device. There's also a possibility to cut out your SIM (as only the plastic part around the chip is bigger on regular), but please be very careful, as improper cutting may result into damages for your SIM chip or an unwanted "physical lock" in the phone.

Usually, the SIM upgrade is instant and free (maybe $1 extra ?) so I'll strongly advice to choose this option. Furthermore, you'll get a more recent SIM, probably with more space on it.

As for the SD card, I can't see any problem here. BUT I'm not sure you can use it "as is", so please backup/copy it before you use it in your Q10 (I'll probably choose to format it ... but that's personal and probably not required).
    04-30-13 01:54 PM
    I don't think so, but I also don't know for sure. I'm assuming the Q10 uses a micro SIM just like the Z10, Your 9810 uses a standard SIM.

Other have posted about cutting the standard sized SIM down so it fits, but I would just go to your carrier and pick one up. ATT shipped a new SIM with my device.
    04-30-13 01:55 PM
    I don't think so, but I also don't know for sure. I'm assuming the Q10 uses a micro SIM just like the Z10, Your 9810 uses a standard SIM.

Other have posted about cutting the standard sized SIM down so it fits, but I would just go to your carrier and pick one up. ATT shipped a new SIM with my device.
    Thanks guys! I kind of thought I read somewhere the BB10's were the micro sim but couldn't remember. I'd, (like both of you), opt for the new sim and keep my other one in the 9810 though they probably disable one once the other is activated.

As for the SD, I'd also copy it over to my pc via a reader and then copy back once it is formated-just to make sure its correct.

I saw a lot about the Z10 using a 32 GB card but I'm not sure what you'd need that much space for unless you were planning on downloading about 10,000 songs or videos. I have less than 4GB of music on my current card and could never play all the songs on there--even if I manage to work out 6 days a week, which I don't-lol.

I also moved all my important data to my device memory and encrypted it in case I lose it or it gets stolen like my wife's did. Thanks a lot for your input.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-30-13 03:03 PM
    If you are lucky the sim that you have has a perforation so you can just "Punch Out" the smaller sim. My sim card had that feature

Z10 Flavour since 12.2.13
    04-30-13 03:06 PM
    Yep- that's the first thing I looked at an mine does not have the perferation--buummer! Oh well, not a biggie. Thanks!
    04-30-13 03:09 PM
    Hi Everyone,
    07-20-13 07:54 AM
    Hi Everyone,
    Only if your carrier does not require you to use a specific LTE sim and BlackBerry q10 uses micro sim.And yes the memory card can be use no prob.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 10:02 AM