Hello - I'm new here :-)

I'm wondering if there's any hope for improving BB-Link's performance when syncing Outlook's calendar and contacts via a USB cable? During my 8 months of owning the Q10 (which I'm otherwise VERY pleased with) the syncing of my Outlook contacts and calendar using BB-Link with a USB cable takes about an HOUR (that's 60 minutes!).

My old Blackberry Pearl would sync my Outlook contacts and calendar a couple of minutes when attached via a USB cable. My wife's iPhone5 does the same with her Apple contacts and calendar in about the same time via a USB cable.

I've simply lived with this as I refuse to sync my data via a cloud service such as Outlook.com. My wife feels the same and waited 3 months to sync her data with her new phone until Apple released an update to Mavericks/iTunes that restored the USB cable sync option (due to thousands of complaints when they disabled the feature). I do not wish to have a discussion on the merits and security of using a Cloud sync option.

Does anyone know if there are any performance improvement forthcoming from Blackberry? When I asked this on the Blackberry support forum 4 months ago there was no solution offered other than to surrender my data to Microsoft's or some other 3'd party cloud service.

Will the upcoming OS 10.3 update provide any improvement in the USB cable sync performance?

Why is OS10 so sloooow at doing this when every other phone I've seen seems to be 20-30x faster?

tnx,
    Russell
    11-06-14 09:20 PM
    Will it get better... maybe when you have a USB 3.0 capable phone and computer....

Don't do two way syncing helps....
    Don't do both contact and Calendar if you don't have to every time helps....

The size of your database, the speed of the connections, speed of your computer, speed of the devices processor, any other running or syncing features....

What you don't want to talk about was the answer for me.....

No 10.3.1 and the newer version of BLEND/LINK aren't going to improve your experience.
    11-07-14 11:21 AM
    Hello - I'm new here :-)

I'm wondering if there's any hope for improving BB-Link's performance when syncing Outlook's calendar and contacts via a USB cable? During my 8 months of owning the Q10 (which I'm otherwise VERY pleased with) the syncing of my Outlook contacts and calendar using BB-Link with a USB cable takes about an HOUR (that's 60 minutes!).

My old Blackberry Pearl would sync my Outlook contacts and calendar a couple of minutes when attached via a USB cable. My wife's iPhone5 does the same with her Apple contacts and calendar in about the same time via a USB cable.

I've simply lived with this as I refuse to sync my data via a cloud service such as Outlook.com. My wife feels the same and waited 3 months to sync her data with her new phone until Apple released an update to Mavericks/iTunes that restored the USB cable sync option (due to thousands of complaints when they disabled the feature). I do not wish to have a discussion on the merits and security of using a Cloud sync option.

Does anyone know if there are any performance improvement forthcoming from Blackberry? When I asked this on the Blackberry support forum 4 months ago there was no solution offered other than to surrender my data to Microsoft's or some other 3'd party cloud service.

Will the upcoming OS 10.3 update provide any improvement in the USB cable sync performance?

Why is OS10 so sloooow at doing this when every other phone I've seen seems to be 20-30x faster?

tnx,
    Russell
    I am surprised yours take an hour. I sync my contacts to my outlook every month. And this takes less than 5 minutes.
    11-07-14 11:38 AM
    I am surprised yours take an hour. I sync my contacts to my outlook every month. And this takes less than 5 minutes.
    Using a USB cable?

I'm running Win7-64 on a Samsung Pro 840 with a Core i7-3930K and 32GB RAM. I use it mostly for photo and video editing so it's certainly powerful enough to run BlackBerry Link.

The same Outlook contacts and calendar will sync in about 5 minutes with an old BlackBerry Pearl 8100 connected with a USB-2.0 interface and a much slower computer. My Outlook .pst file is only 17mb in size. The whole thing looks like a bug that Blackberry seems unwilling to fix.

I am curious why yours is syncing so much faster.... ?

Russell
    11-07-14 10:23 PM
    well you can actually try Sync2, as you can sync your files using an external usb devices, it worked for me.
    11-25-14 05:00 AM
    I sync my Passport with Outlook 2010 several times a day using a standard 2.0 USB cable. Takes at the most 1.5 minutes to sync!
    I suggest you disable the "Wifi-option"-button on the homescreen of Link. I remember there having been problems with both Wifi and USB-connections active between Link and the device.

Good luck!
    11-25-14 05:14 AM
    Its a mystery yours take that long. My takes 5 minutes or less. I have the top range 2012-mid 15inch Mac Book pro thou on which i am using bootcamp to run Microsoft windows 7 64 bits with 16gb RAM. Its only when i backup that it takes a bit to backup.
    One thing i can think of is if you have anti-virus installed and running. For me i only use Microsoft Essentials.
    11-25-14 08:51 AM