Hi all, new here, for the life of me I cannot seam to get any app to work on my Q10 for my dv any ideas would be great
    thanks
    lukie
    06-24-15 07:45 AM
    I'm not 100% understanding what you are trying to ask here. When you say dv, what do you mean? Digital Video? Also you put iSmart in the title, is this some sort of video capture drive or device of some sort? Are you trying to use Android software to connect to it? If so you might need Google Services to get it to work. It's possible that this can work through some hackery, BUT it doesn't always work. Standby I will link the thread in a few minutes.

Found it........

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    06-24-15 07:59 AM
    I', presuming you have a BB , so this has nothing to do with android. are you trying to connect your dv with local or vpn. Kindly explain your issue a little more so we can help.
    06-25-15 06:02 AM
    ok guys, BLACKBERRY Q10, dv, is wifi helmet camera, a aka was supposed to be compatible but not, it fails to open,
    Why is it always the same hundreds of pounds for a blackberry but s**t when it comes to apps, no more Blackberry for me. I thought they may have got there act together, but obviously not, once you buy the device you are it always seems you are on your own.
    even the cheap crap from China androids work on up to date apps, but Blackberry just cant get ther act together to keep up.
    ISmart is the name of sport camera
    06-26-15 04:05 PM
    Have you tried sideloading the android app onto your blackberry? If you have an android device email the apk to yourself and install threw your file manager.

Otherwise...go with one of those cheap China Android phones that you are trying to compare Blackberry too.
    06-26-15 04:41 PM
    Who said that it was compatible?

That's who you should contact.
    06-26-15 04:51 PM
    Have you tried sideloading the android app onto your blackberry? If you have an android device email the apk to yourself and install threw your file manager.

Otherwise...go with one of those cheap China Android phones that you are trying to compare Blackberry too.
    You should try not to use the term "sideloading" as it sounds confusing and we haven't had to sideload in a long time now. We can directly install apks..

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 05:21 PM
    You should try not to use the term "sideloading" as it sounds confusing and we haven't had to sideload in a long time now. We can directly install apks..

Posted via CB10
    Even though I said sideloading I explained how I do it. Send the apk in an email and install via the file manager. That seems like loading the app up in a way that is not directly from an app store. So sideloading made sense to me.

You can always install Snap, which gives you access to Google Play apps. Lots and lots of topics on that in these forums.
    06-26-15 05:29 PM
    the supplier!
    06-27-15 04:12 AM
    cheers I will give that a try later
    06-27-15 04:13 AM
    that's what it looks like I am going to have to do, but shame on blackberry as they have not even got gopro as far as I gather it is shameful after sales, thes e apps seem only blackberry take years to come up with. by the time blackberry devise the app the device becomes obsolete lol
    06-27-15 04:17 AM
    Its the old cart before the horse problem. No one wants to buy BBs anymore because they don't have the cool apps, no one wants to make apps for BB because no one buys BBs
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    06-30-15 03:43 PM
    that's what it looks like I am going to have to do, but shame on blackberry as they have not even got gopro as far as I gather it is shameful after sales, thes e apps seem only blackberry take years to come up with. by the time blackberry devise the app the device becomes obsolete lol
    You do realize that BlackBerry doesn't actually make all these apps, right? It's up to the developers to develop the app. Maybe you should direct your hostility towards the correct companies. Additionally, I've had few instances of android apps not working correctly on my Q10. It definitely happens, but a whole lot of android apps run just fine. I'd suggest familiarizing yourself with Snap, Amazon App Store, direct apk loading, etc. And you'll likely find that most of the apps you want are available. There are lots of resources around CB that can help as you get used to the various methods. Good luck with your camera app!

Posted via CB10
    HesSoStrange likes this.
    06-30-15 08:43 PM