I have always wanted a blackberry. I just have a few questions before deciding to make the change.
    Is there a way to get snapchat and instagram?
    What's the camera quality?
    01-15-15 09:04 PM
    I have always wanted a blackberry. I just have a few questions before deciding to make the change.
    Snapchat and Instagram are both Android apps. Blackberry OS-10 can download and run Android apps in much the same way as an Android device can, in fact some claim that Android apps run better on a Blackberry than on an Android device. I don't use either app, so I can't comment on their performance, but there will definitely be some opinions to be found in these forums.

In my experience and opinion (I have had two Blackberry phones - Z10 and Z30), the camera is mediocre, but acceptable, considering that this is a communicating device, and taking photos is not its primary function. Hard to say whether or not you would find the camera quality good or bad - it depends on your expectations. For me, any shortfall on camera quality is more than made up for in other areas of the devices.
    01-15-15 11:58 PM
    It's a phone, not a Nikon/Canon with tremendous camera lens. I have both, love the Q10 photos

Here some samples with no filter (you can even play with the focus) :
    Can I get some convincing me to get a BlackBerry?-img_20140819_120508_edit.jpg
    Can I get some convincing me to get a BlackBerry?-img_20140824_194819_hdr_edit.jpg
    Can I get some convincing me to get a BlackBerry?-img_20141001_170913_edit_edit.jpg
    Can I get some convincing me to get a BlackBerry?-img_20140818_205129_hdr_edit2.jpg

EDIT : More on this thread.
    Last edited by Joshu42; 01-16-15 at 12:04 PM.
    andy957 and bbnrs like this.
    01-16-15 04:55 AM
    Actually there's snapchat and instagram native for BlackBerry.

Igrann and Snap10 are the apps you want.

Posted with my dirty thirty! Instagram:delilio TwitterelilHemikan
    01-16-15 05:03 AM
    Here! I just took this just now.
    Can I get some convincing me to get a BlackBerry?-img_20150116_150848.jpg

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    01-16-15 05:09 PM
    We have Z10's running SMAP

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 05:17 PM
    Running SNAP for Google Play access to android versions of both apps. Runs fine no problems with BlackBerry OS10.

See other threads in forum on how to load SNAP app as sideload.

Michael Atl

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 05:20 PM
    I say go for it! Ready below.

I've been on a cell phone journey for last several months. Had a Note 3, iphone 6 and a Lumia WP. Note was too cumbersome for me and had all over the place performance. The iphone 6 was alright but I didn't like the build and ios has lost its appeal. I actually preferred the older versions with less candy colors and windowed effects everywhere. Windows phone was a nice change but I had issues with app availability, browsing issues (even though it has IE) and the virtual keyboard.

I haven't used a Blackberry since my Blackberry Tour years ago. I got the Q10. Wow.. I'm really blown away these OS10 devices aren't selling faster. The whole OS is just smooth. The Web browsing experience has been great! I would have thought apps would've been an issue but nope. Whatever the Blackberry App world didn't have the Amazon app store did. Typing experience is the best I've experienced. Multitasking is effortless and a joy compared to anything else I've used so far.

So happy to be back!

Ryan

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 08:33 PM
    Did you have anymore questions or concerns about your switch or have you already made your decision? This forum is quite helpful so feel free to look around and you more than likely find the answer your looking for already in forum.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 07:12 PM
    I'm really blown away these OS10 devices aren't selling faster. The whole OS is just smooth. The Web browsing experience has been great! I would have thought apps would've been an issue but nope. Whatever the Blackberry App world didn't have the Amazon app store did. Typing experience is the best I've experienced. Multitasking is effortless and a joy compared to anything else I've used so far.
    Posted via CB10
    BB has to get their quality control together, thats been the issue since the playbook came out, i should know, i bought one on launch day. not to mention it'd help if they actually advertised and made blackberry protect useful...it backed up stuff on BBOS - why can't they transfer that over to BB10?
    01-17-15 09:13 PM
    Why don't you read the other 10 million posts asking the same thing!

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 09:35 PM
    Why don't you read the other 10 million posts asking the same thing!

Posted via CB10
    Maybe because the time has changed and Q10 may have been improved since those threads.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-17-15 09:52 PM
    What do you mean by improved?...Has BlackBerry been upgrading the hardware for each Q10 thru manufacture.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 10:30 PM
    It would be sweet to see Blackberry come out with a catchy commercial to maybe spark some interest.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 11:27 PM
    Regarding the camera, it seems to struggle in terms of flare in bright light and. The autofocus is slow but it is possible to get some great images out of it,

Can I get some convincing me to get a BlackBerry?-img_20140425_175448_edit.jpg
    Can I get some convincing me to get a BlackBerry?-img_20140421_145435_edit_edit_edit_edit1.jpg

No more double typing...
    01-18-15 12:30 AM
    First off I think if you need android apps then get an android based phone there are several nice devices Note 4 nexus 5/6 LG G3 Moto X 2014... with that said if you want a BlackBerry then come to terms that it is a BlackBerry. Don't get a BlackBerry to run android apps the Q10 as it sits for me on verizon runs android apps very slow. it will work but it's not a pleasant experience. with that said for instagram, for me I prefer IGRAN even if there was an official ig app. IGRAN works great, snapchat I have no idea I personally don't use it so I have no idea if BlackBerry even has an official App I'm sure they don't. the thing is with a Q10 realize what your getting it's not a play phone. Sure you can do things on it like games and fb and ig but just know what your getting. the screen is not ideal for viewing pictures on its just not that big it handles it just fine but it is what it is. Now the Q10 is a messaging and email machine and it does it great. It is very smooth and fluid also calls sound good and if your going from calls to messages to email it does it smooth. That sounds like an easy task but my note 4 shudders at times when I'm doing that even my moto X does hell even when I had an iphone 5s it lagged doing that at time BlackBerry has been the best for me in that regard. If you mainly want a phone for calls and messages the q10 will keep you happy (Pictures)if you want serious pictures as far as a phone goes BlackBerry in general is not a good picture taking phone. just being honest you catch some pictures that turn out great and some that don't. It's not an iphone or LG g3 or note 4 it's ok that's it.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 12:55 AM
    Maybe because the time has changed and Q10 may have been improved since those threads.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    I'm with you times have changed if you read a thread from 8 months ago things might be completely different. I never understood people just attacking someone for starting a new thread like it's a crime. This is what crackberry is right come here ask your questions we try to answer them that is what keeps this place going. If we just searched for year old threads and pilled on to the 27 pages nothing would be new and there would be all of 5 posts lol. I welcome new questions from new people

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 01:01 AM
    What do you mean by improved?...Has BlackBerry been upgrading the hardware for each Q10 thru manufacture.

Posted via CB10
    this phone runs and does things much better then it did when it was released. You know instead of just coming off as an angry rude person why not try and answer some of the questions since your here do something good with your time besides just being negative and wasting space you say basically to not ask any new questions and just search the old stuff like he is wasting time and space by starting a new thread and all you have to contribute is nothing Wtf dude

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 01:09 AM
    Longtime BlackBerry fangirl here.

I've bounced back and forth between Android and BlackBerry devices for the last few years (BB for the security, profile customization and reliability, Android for the apps). And I must say, after getting the Q10 I have had absolutely no desire to switch again. They have finally brought to this device everything that had been lacking in the bbos devices: app availability (through amazon and snap), excellent browser performance, ease of use, and a really slick looking interface.

And the keyboard! Where do I start? I have had all qwerty devices since my first smart phone -- the 8220 flip with sure type -- and never have I ever found a more quick, accurate and pleasant keyboard to type on. I only had one android phone that came close to this typing experience, and it was most certainly modeled after BlackBerry's image. But this phone is definitely #1 when it comes to physical keyboards. In fact, I can almost type as fast on here as on a computer! It is fantastic for shooting out quick emails and fb/twitter status.

As for running android apps like instagram and snapchat, I have had no problems. They tend to open slowly, but for all other intents and purposes they work exactly as fast as on an android device. Occasionally instagram will be buggy after an update and won't open. But usually after the next update it will run fine again. As others have said, most of the super popular apps have a native BlackBerry version in the app world (such as igrann and snap10).

In the end what it all boils down to is taste. What flavor of phone do you like? Do you want something that laughs and gets drunk and sings karaoke with you (like an android phone)? Or do you want the phone that helps you study, takes you out for frozen yogurt and listens to your problems (BlackBerry). I find that the latter tends to remain a reliable device for a longer time

Sorry for the long post!! Here's a potato.

Can I get some convincing me to get a BlackBerry?-russet_potato.jpg

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs, andy957 and Ohnoesfb Lolok like this.
    01-19-15 09:50 AM
    Do you want something that laughs and gets drunk and sings karaoke with you (like an android phone)?
    zombiecupcake likes this.
    01-19-15 02:21 PM
    If you are patient and want versatility it's the way to go.
    01-19-15 03:29 PM
    Blackberry the real man's phone... business!

Go for it! Also it's secure very secure

I'm on my Q10 now it's a workhorse!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 06:29 PM
    Snapchat and Instagram are obtainable from native apps or even from SNAP (You can use Android marketplaces and download Android apps. Maybe performance won't be that good, but it will surely work).

And the camera is as any other phone camera. No differences at all.
    01-19-15 11:54 PM
    Whoa - great butterfly!

Tell me, do y'all make sure the lens is clean on the phone? I think that might have a lot to do with bad cellphone pix. That and camera shake. I want a phone phone - I need a phone phone - and I have good dslr camera, so that's covered - part of how I earn my living. But I do wonder sometimes if people ever consider that they have to clean the lenses on the phone.

RE convince you to get a BB? Neigh, you must make up your own mind, learn from experience and embrace your first Blackberry with anxious anticipation, hoping that this phone will be the phone of your dreams.

Do you homework. Google the phones that intrigue you - read the darn reviews. Go on Crackberry and look for the phones. These people helped me out when I signed up and started a post, asking about the 9900. Best daggone advice. Yeah, I had done my homework, but these people provided excellent feedback. Doesn't get any better than that. But I wasn't asking to be convinced. I wanted to know if the 9900 was a workhorse. If it could do the job I need it to do. Phone first, texts, then browse. I haven't put email on it yet. The 4s is still functional. But I can go into through the browser and access that way. I haven't been disapointed in my 9900, but I knew what I was getting. I did my homework, then I asked for feedback. It was a no brainer.
    01-21-15 08:03 PM
    01-22-15 05:57 AM
32 12