But, would you say those two devices fit get arguably shallow needs very well?
    For her, sure. She prefers typing on a touch screen and they do what she needs. She finds the iPhone simpler and prefers it.
    04-25-13 10:47 AM
    Then we've moved closer to agreement I think and maybe my first post to you was too short and simplistic. I'd never claim functionality and need plays no role. Samsung and iPhone have proven to have plenty of functional offering, became popular, and thus now have both functionality and popularity to use to generate influence in the market and sway undecided people toward their product. "Not only is our device functional, we can prove it because everyone has it, why don't YOU?"
    LOL. I think we have.

I'll be the first to agree that popularity does play a huge part in purchasing decisions. The brand will have to live up to it in the long run, though.

It still tickles me that Samsung can be such a popular device maker...
    04-25-13 10:48 AM
    LOL. I think we have.

I'll be the first to agree that popularity does play a huge part in purchasing decisions. The brand will have to live up to it in the long run, though.

It still tickles me that Samsung can be such a popular device maker...
    Just wait till they try and drop Android and move forward with their own OS. That's gonna be the eventual development to really shake things up. I just hope BB10 gains enough traction to swoop right in when that time comes.
    04-25-13 10:52 AM
    Wait... Does the Q10 only have a 5-MP camera?!?!
    It's 8

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:53 AM
    As others have said, nice try, no. But it potentially will beat z10 sales.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:40 AM
    Just wait till they try and drop Android and move forward with their own OS. That's gonna be the eventual development to really shake things up. I just hope BB10 gains enough traction to swoop right in when that time comes.
    when you can spend $3 billion on marketing, the OS doesn't matter as much.
    04-25-13 12:55 PM
    No, period. Even though I love my Z10

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:56 PM
    when you can spend $3 billion on marketing, the OS doesn't matter as much.
    It'll matter. MS showed you can't necessarily buy love and ecosystems.
    04-25-13 01:00 PM
    This is why I find some of the reviews amusing. Like "no one wants keyboards anymore" type reviews. Obviously touch is where the growth is and the majority are. But what exactly would happen to BlackBerry (the company) if they suddenly said, "ok - we're done making phones with keyboards". Imminent collapse. I bet 70 million BlackBerry customers are typing away on a keyboard. Even if it's a niche, it's a niche that pays the bills right now.
    Yes at least 70 million BB7 devices out there - doesn't mean that all are QWERTY fans. In the third world the majority of users started with BB because of BBM and cheap data. Every reason to expect that in the long term cheap Androids will be king in this market. For this group of legacy users, BB needs to develop a 4 inch cheap slab of a BB7 device to compete with Nokia and the Androids in their market place. BB needs top and mid tier devices like the Q10 , Z10 , Big10 and Curve 10 to make the device sale profits. I agree with you that BB needs the QWERTY devices for at least a while. Why not.. they own the niche.

In the UK they drive on the wrong side of the road and they love their BB7 QWERTY's so perhaps the Classic BB QWERTY may live on just like bag pipes and Guinness.
    04-25-13 02:37 PM
    Not in the Netherlands,

27 April, on T-mobile: S4 for free on 2yr contract 30,25 euros/month (300 minutes+1750MB data) talking bout agressive pricing :')

Q10 cant beat that....
    04-25-13 03:54 PM
    In North America no... in other markets maybe.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 04:52 PM
    Not a chance. But that isn't as important as BlackBerry moving enough units to remain a player in the smartphone market.

Sent from my looooong waited for Z10
    04-25-13 05:01 PM
    Yes at least 70 million BB7 devices out there - doesn't mean that all are QWERTY fans.
    Obviously, no. But that said, the 'niche' market is too large for BlackBerry to ignore.

For this group of legacy users, BB needs to develop a 4 inch cheap slab of a BB7 device to compete with Nokia and the Androids in their market place.
    I don't know. The Curve 9360 should have taken off in emerging markets and it sure didn't seem to. Cheap, decent sized screen, all touch, BlackBerry, BBM. Had all the ingrediants but the keyboard curves smoked it. Then again, it was still running an OS that I believe was unnaturally grafted to an OS meant for scrolling and clicking. They definitely need a "Curve" type offering running BlackBerry 10, or two.
    kupfernigk and Bbnivende like this.
    04-25-13 05:25 PM
    7 pages of emphatic no's should give you your answer... Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    04-25-13 08:02 PM
    One enhancement that would increase the sales of BB10's would be any reliable and superior virtual assistant gimmick like the "Siri" program on iPhones. No matter how the dev's have tried, no one has come up with anything close to Siri. I for one do not like iPhones and will live with BB until they disappear or I do--but I sure would love to have Siri on my 9810 and soon to be Q10. My wife had her 9810 stolen earlier this week and bought an iPhone as it was all that was available in her price range with out an upgrade deal. She brought it home, hooked it up and within 20 mins had all three of her emails set up with signatures attached (two are business), had voice mails set up and had synced and backed up with her outlook 2007. I am a long time BB owner and know a lot about hacking/upgrading, etc. but I guarantee you, I couldn't have done all of that in 20-30 mins on any BB phone. The simplicity of the iPhone is amazing to me. Not sure Androids are that easy to work with either as I have a tablet and it took me longer that that to hook up my email accounts, etc.
    So, get us a "Siri" type program and you will see a lot more sales--its all about gimmicks!
    Oh yeah! Also, fix the bug or deletion so that the BB10's can still sync with Outlook 2003/2007/2010 as there are thousands of us out here that need it to survive. Thanks!
    04-25-13 08:43 PM
    One enhancement that would increase the sales of BB10's would be any reliable and superior virtual assistant gimmick like the "Siri" program on iPhones. No matter how the dev's have tried, no one has come up with anything close to Siri. I for one do not like iPhones and will live with BB until they disappear or I do--but I sure would love to have Siri on my 9810 and soon to be Q10. My wife had her 9810 stolen earlier this week and bought an iPhone as it was all that was available in her price range with out an upgrade deal. She brought it home, hooked it up and within 20 mins had all three of her emails set up with signatures attached (two are business), had voice mails set up and had synced and backed up with her outlook 2007. I am a long time BB owner and know a lot about hacking/upgrading, etc. but I guarantee you, I couldn't have done all of that in 20-30 mins on any BB phone. The simplicity of the iPhone is amazing to me. Not sure Androids are that easy to work with either as I have a tablet and it took me longer that that to hook up my email accounts, etc.
    So, get us a "Siri" type program and you will see a lot more sales--its all about gimmicks!
    Oh yeah! Also, fix the bug or deletion so that the BB10's can still sync with Outlook 2003/2007/2010 as there are thousands of us out here that need it to survive. Thanks!
    Google now craps all over siri

Admorris likes this.
    04-25-13 08:50 PM
    Sorry not going to happen the s4 is a different monster. However that doesn't mean the q10 won't do well.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 08:51 PM
    Google now craps all over siri

I like Google Now but I hardly use it. It's the great voice recognition and knowledge graph that make Google Voice Seach so good on Android. But it's nothing I can't live without.
    04-25-13 09:16 PM
    No way. No chance. No how.
    04-25-13 09:30 PM
    just impossible i think.q10 is designed for certain sub div market,while s4 is made for mainstream,so there is no comparison.though i love q10 and waited it for months since the z10 released,i still think q10 won't be a mainstream product.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:36 PM
    They buy what's functional for their needs.
    no they dont... half the people getting the iphone 5 and s3 dont even know how to use it so how is that based on whats functional for their needs?
    04-25-13 11:30 PM
    no they dont... half the people getting the iphone 5 and s3 dont even know how to use it so how is that based on whats functional for their needs?
    You don't know that, and that's impossible to prove.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-25-13 11:36 PM
    If they keep and enjoy the device, does it not fit their needs? You can't define the functionality of a device for other people.

You think most of the people buying BB10 devices are fully versed with their utility? If so, how do you explain the perplexed complaint threads?

Doesn't really matter if they picked the phone off of a spinning carousel with blindfolds and ear-muffs on. The proof is in the sustained adoption.
    04-26-13 06:39 AM
    You don't know that, and that's impossible to prove.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    It's becoming an oft-used "stat" now, except that it used to be only used for Apple owners.
    04-26-13 06:41 AM
    I m using z10 in Malaysia..

Posted via CB10
    Dude is there anyone else out here? A friend uses a Z10, I'm thinking Q10.
    04-26-13 06:53 AM
131 12345 ...