- 01-29-13, 01:37 AM #4
Well some weeks ago, Twitter user @BlackberryScoop mentioned many leaks were done on purpose by RIM. I believe his statement and think it is a common practice and has also been done by HTC, Apple, Nokia just to name a few. It is a decent way to keep interest in future releases up while not doing any active advertising. It is more interesting for the userbase too.
As for the X10:
I remember reading an article on Engadget I think which mentioned a X10 hands-on. The author said the X10 felt awkward due to the very uncommon 1:1 screen ratio. However that report was pretty old anyways and Engadget was overall negatively biased against BB10. They weren't excited about the full-touch variant either.
I also think at least one of the CB crew, either Kevin or Adam handled an X10 and just mentioned we shouldn't believe some reports about the BB10 QWERTY - without giving out any details though.
- 01-29-13, 10:17 AM #6
You have to be more specific in your questions if you want to know anything.~S_A
All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-29-13, 10:23 AM #7
- 101 Posts
- I don't like you in that way
I used one in December, it is a nice device. Keyboard is solid like the 9900's. I found the bezel gestures from the bottom of the screen to be a bit tricky since there is only a thin strip to start your fingers on. (I may have been doing this wrong anyways)
I'm hoping there is some way to adjust the icons on the screen as I didn't care for only 4 icons per screen.
This was all beta software obviously so who knows what will be released when it goes live. But it didn't crash or do anything stupid for me in my 15 minutes of playing with it and the Z10
- CrackBerry Genius
01-29-13, 12:21 PM #8
- 3,640 Posts
Not suggesting a conspiracy - I think all the leaks and the timing of the leaks has helped to grow the interest. To the extent that RIM might have helped this along was brilliant marketing. Much better than Nokia managed for their latest phone. Regardless of the source, the end result has put the Z10 into the spotlight. The Z10 represents the modern face of Blackberry. You can tell from the mixed reviews of the X10 rendering that most pundits will likely view the X10 as "old Blackberry with a twist". All in all, RIM has had a great build up campaign prior to the launch.
Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-29-13 at 05:20 PM.
- CrackBerry Genius
01-29-13, 06:17 PM #11
- 2,477 Posts
Re: Can anyone who has seen or better yet used the new X10 report back?
I can't wait to see a 10 in action. better yet to use it myself! i will be looking for a x10 bbm group as well when it comes out. sorry, back to the topicSprint Q10
- 01-29-13, 07:43 PM #13
"Without a doubt, it has a physical keyboard."
-Trusted sourceConcept Corner: C004104CASamsung SPH A540 ▶ Motorola V551 ▶ Samsung SCH A645 ▶ HTC Touch P3050 ▶ BB Curve 8330 ▶ BB Bold 9000 ▶ Huawei U8100 ▶ Apple iPhone 3GS ▶ Motorola Spice ▶ BB Curve 3G 9300 ▶ Apple iPhone 4S ▶ BB Bold 9900 ▶ BB Q10 ▶ (Current Device) iPhone 6 Plus ▶ (Next Device) BB Priv
- 01-29-13, 09:58 PM #16
- back feels like you would expect from the photos. Glossy and smooth, not textured like the Playbook. To me, the Z10 back felt a bit like the second gen Torch in comparison. Who knows if that's the production back though.
- couldn't compare side by side with a 9900, but it felt thicker. Could be because it doesn't have the tapered edge of the 9900 but I'm pretty sure it actually is thicker. Felt heavier than I remember the 9900 being too.
- screen size is pretty much like the 9900 except a bit taller
- BB10 is ok from the time I got to play with it. The stock backgrounds are horrible. I don't like the icons. On the Z10 they look kind of OK, but on the X10 it looked wayyyyy over saturated. Hopefully they tone it down before release.
- By marksthespot60 in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 10Last Post: 03-29-12, 02:57 AM
- By garberinc in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 16Last Post: 07-22-10, 01:38 AM
- By shorynot in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 44Last Post: 07-27-08, 12:06 PM
- By locciola17 in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 17Last Post: 07-02-08, 09:21 AM
- By reeneebob in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 06-21-08, 06:06 PM