I don't know how i'll fix it, I've gone to local shops but no one seems to be capable of fixing a q10 and there is no blackberry shop in the area. I've also read through forums, and still no luck of fixing it.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 12:30 PM
    Is this the same device you got wet back in April?
    07-27-15 01:05 PM
    Was it installed upside-down?
    07-27-15 01:08 PM
    Yes, it's the same as back in April still not fixed, I even tried to reload OS, still no luck of getting back the normal shooting mode.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 10:18 AM
    No, it got wet last april.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 10:21 AM
    Mine has done this on occasion when I m shooting something very close up. (macro)

I clicked this on my Passport.
    07-28-15 10:21 AM
    Yes, it's the same as back in April still not fixed, I even tried to reload OS, still no luck of getting back the normal shooting mode.

Posted via CB10
    Is the issue:
    The display is showing what the camera sees upside down AND the image files saved from taking a picture show upside down.
    OR
    The display is showing what the camera sees correctly, as in right side up, BUT only the image files saved from taking the picture show upside down.

Also:
    Are the image files showing an upside down photo, even if viewed on another device or computer?
    07-28-15 11:39 AM
    Is the issue:
    The display is showing what the camera sees upside down AND the image files saved from taking a picture show upside down.
    OR
    The display is showing what the camera sees correctly, as in right side up, BUT only the image files saved from taking the picture show upside down.

Also:
    Are the image files showing an upside down photo, even if viewed on another device or computer?
    The second condition; it displays correctly when I shoot but the file saved is upside down. In addition, I did not try viewing it over the computer but sometimes if I view the image on another app it's upside down, even if I already rotated it to right side up position, using the edit tool.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 12:22 PM
    Sounds like something is screwed up with the auto-rotate feature. You used to be able to turn it on and off, but the setting is gone now on my phone. I wonder if side-loading an older camera bar would help
    07-28-15 12:57 PM
    sometimes if I view the image on another app it's upside down, even if I already rotated it to right side up position, using the edit tool.
    So the issue is with the sensors. The "direction" of the photo is stored in the metadata of your picture file.

Run the sensors tests in BBVE, aka BlackBerry Virtual Expert (found in BlackBerry World if you don't have it already).
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    07-28-15 01:02 PM
    The second condition; it displays correctly when I shoot but the file saved is upside down. In addition, I did not try viewing it over the computer but sometimes if I view the image on another app it's upside down, even if I already rotated it to right side up position, using the edit tool.

Posted via CB10
    That is certainly a software issue, but it might be further in than the OS.
    If it were hardware, it would generally be consistent to the display, as in you would see the display showing upside down before snapping the photo.
    Or the screen would be stuck in a weird orientation.
    Use BBVE to test the sensors to be sure.

You said you reloaded the OS, how did you do it?
    Factory reset, wipe, or just load in an OS via an autoloader or via Link?
    Did you restore a backup before checking the camera?

If you have completely wiped the device, did no restore of backup, and the issue persisted, then it may be an internal setting that is borked.
    Something accessed via the Diagnostic / Engineering Screen, but I wouldn't delve there without knowing exactly what to check or change.
    It is way to easy to perma-brick a device while in the eScreen.
    07-28-15 01:09 PM
    He has a Q10, the Q10 doesn't auto-rotate images; so it's most definitely not a sensors issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 01:48 PM
    He has a Q10, the Q10 doesn't auto-rotate images; so it's most definitely not a sensors issue.
    I have a Q10, Pictures are "auto-rotate" of course

OP has a sensor issue for sure
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    07-28-15 02:30 PM
    I have the same issue,i dropped my phone in water and after that it started to shoot up side down,it's not really an issue only for bbm video call,the other party is seeing me upside down, after BBVE sensor test I found that my phone is stuck in upside down position,I also can't take panorama shoots and play motion based games. i know what damaged my phone but I'm happy with it cause he has stayed submerged for ~20 mins and it was still ringing when i found it underwater
    07-28-15 03:34 PM
    So the issue is with the sensors. The "direction" of the photo is stored in the metadata of your picture file.

Run the sensors tests in BBVE, aka BlackBerry Virtual Expert (found in BlackBerry World if you don't have it already).

Camera still shoots upside down? How to fix it?-img_20150729_175331.png

Camera still shoots upside down? How to fix it?-img_20150729_181519.png

These are the BBVE results, I failed in both of this tests

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 06:49 AM

These are the BBVE results, I failed in both of this tests

Posted via CB10
    Joshu42 nailed it, hardware sensor issue.
    Time to seek another device
    07-29-15 11:06 AM
    Bummer, I have it on data plan, and like Iphone's camera I always love how my Q10's camera shoot pictures.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 01:38 PM