Dear Crackberry users,

I'm fairly new here... My account may seem old but I have never really been that active on it.
    Anyways, I just recently started using a Q10 again and I have gone through each and every single setting within my phone and found nothing but (Call Blocking) in phone settings. Now at first I was really happy to see that. But then once I opened it up and saw that you cannot block an individual number that really surprised me... I was wondering if there's anyway to block a single number? In the setting there is options to block all calls outgoing/incoming calls, block outgoing roaming calls etc... nothing about blocking a number or anything. I've even tried to tap and hold on a individual number but did not see any option for blocking/ignoring the number.

I thought I'd go ahead make a post and ask this wonderful experienced community about it.

Uh. This may seem a little embarrassing but I have also forgotten how you take a screenshot on a Q10. It's been a minute since I've used BB10.

Any and all advice is truly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance!

Posted via CB10 on BBQ10
    09-17-16 03:49 PM
    Screenshot: Volume up and down at the same time. Call blocking comes by way of third-party apps. There are several available in BlackBerry World. A lot of people prefer - https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/59997018 but that's entirely up to you if you want to give it a go.
    09-17-16 04:10 PM
    Check out Buzz Off - Headless Call Blocker in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59940253

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 10:34 PM
    My Q10 carrier, Sprint, has an easy to implement blocking service on their website.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 06:59 PM
    Thank you all for your detailed responses it's much appreciated.
    09-29-16 11:10 PM
    I use Spam Pro which works pretty good. You can also block all numbers that start with certain area codes. For example, you can block all numbers that start with area code 626 or 800.

Another good call blocker is Spambox.

Posted via Q10
    10-05-16 03:10 AM
    If you don't want to install an special app for call blocking: just activate parental control and activate the option: "phone calls from contacts only". Then your Blackberry rings only, if one of your saved contacts is calling. This option exists for SMS too.
    10-21-16 04:14 AM