Although I regularly clean my browsing history, when I type something into the browser search box, my Q10 offers me options beneath the search box based on my browsing history.

This strikes me as undermining the whole concept of being able to wipe your browser history.

Has anyone else noticed this problem, and are there any solutions to it?
    JDel23 likes this.
    05-01-14 12:43 PM
    Tried clearing your cookies and such too?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 12:50 PM
    Yes. I've cleared all I can.
    05-01-14 02:16 PM
    Are you using Google as your search provider?

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    05-01-14 04:42 PM
    No he is referring to a BlackBerry feature, at least my pre did not do it. Anything that is a search or log in name field that you have used before it stores even if you delete browser history and clear cookies etc... that is if your talking about the little grey box, Google search itself keeps a different history that you can clear below the list.

To clear the device you have to go into settings and security or something... unless someone beats me to it I will go through the process and post it exactly.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 04:49 PM
    No he is referring to a BlackBerry feature, at least my pre did not do it. Anything that is a search or log in name field that you have used before it stores even if you delete browser history and clear cookies etc... that is if your talking about the little grey box, Google search itself keeps a different history that you can clear below the list.

To clear the device you have to go into settings and security or something... unless someone beats me to it I will go through the process and post it exactly.

Posted via CB10
    Yes - you've got my situation spot on. I'm pleased it's not me just being dense...

If you do have the time and inclination to walk through the steps, that would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    05-01-14 07:34 PM
    I think if your just clearing history from the left menu, where you can view history (and clear from there) and windows etc. Use the right menu, like where downloads are and go to settings and security and clear history cookies etc, that should do it... it just did it for a forum sign in name it was saving.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 07:53 PM
    Open Browser, tap on the 3 dots (bottom right), tap on settings. From there tap on the first line (display and action) and tap on reset search engines. Then from settings tap on privacy and security and scroll down and clear history and also the clear cookies.

Visit my BBM Channel ~ C000E96F6
    bbnrs likes this.
    05-01-14 08:01 PM
    I had assumed when the OP said everything was cleared it was from Settings in the overflow menu on the right.
    The clear from history is cosmetic, so it removes those links from visibly showing if someone scrolls to the history tab, they couldn't see recently visited links but that's all.
    Clearing from the right overflow should do it

05-02-14 01:36 AM
    Open Browser, tap on the 3 dots (bottom right), tap on settings. From there tap on the first line (display and action) and tap on reset search engines. Then from settings tap on privacy and security and scroll down and clear history and also the clear cookies.

Visit my BBM Channel ~ C000E96F6
    Thanks for everyone's help, but none of it has worked so far.

Let me give you an example.

I have just typed in "areosmith concert tickets" (DELIBERATELY misspelt) into the search box, with Google set as my search engine.

I then reset my search engines, cleared all the searches and cookies etc and closed the browser.

I reopened the browser and selected a different search engine - Yahoo - and began to type.

As soon as I typed in "a-r-e", it offered me "areosmith concert tickets" as an autocomplete option. BlackBerry (though not Google or Yahoo) has now stored my earlier search and I can't get rid of it.
    05-02-14 02:53 AM
    I can't reproduce on my Q5.
    If I delete cookies and other website data, my previous searches are gone. So it seems it is not an issue with BlackBerry. I don't use Google as search engine though, so maybe it has to do with your search provider?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 03:23 AM
    I can't reproduce on my Q5.
    If I delete cookies and other website data, my previous searches are gone. So it seems it is not an issue with BlackBerry. I don't use Google as search engine though, so maybe it has to do with your search provider?

Posted via CB10
    It's definitely a Blackberry issue. The predictions come up at the bottom of the screen - in the same way I get autocomplete options when I'm typing an email or a CB post.

It's not in the search engine per se.
    05-02-14 03:31 AM
    It's definitely a Blackberry issue. The predictions come up at the bottom of the screen - in the same way I get autocomplete options when I'm typing an email or a CB post.

It's not in the search engine per se.
    Well, but then your Problem has nothing to do with the Browser, but rather that you would not like the keyboard to give you suggestions. You can turn that off in the keyboard settings.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 04:09 AM
    Well, but then your Problem has nothing to do with the Browser, but rather that you would not like the keyboard to give you suggestions. You can turn that off in the keyboard settings.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! I've now been into keyboard settings and hit "Clear learnt words", and it seems to have done the trick.

One thing, though - it seems strange that I've got to either clear learnt words across the device completely or let the keyboard remember what my internet searches have been.

Surely it would be better if you could turn off "learnt words" for the browser, but leave the option on for other functions, such as email and word processing?
    05-02-14 05:06 AM
    Thank you! I've now been into keyboard settings and hit "Clear learnt words", and it seems to have done the trick.

One thing, though - it seems strange that I've got to either clear learnt words across the device completely or let the keyboard remember what my internet searches have been.

Surely it would be better if you could turn off "learnt words" for the browser, but leave the option on for other functions, such as email and word processing?
    It would be even better if we could selectively delete learnt words. At some point, I mistakenly type "Thusday", and now it comes up as a suggested word. I really don't want to delete them all, but it would be nice to get rid of that one, and probably a few other duds that I put in there.
    05-02-14 07:49 AM
    It would be even better if we could selectively delete learnt words. At some point, I mistakenly type "Thusday", and now it comes up as a suggested word. I really don't want to delete them all, but it would be nice to get rid of that one, and probably a few other duds that I put in there.
    Why didn't they so like on the pb where you can hold the suggested weird and then choose remove. So simple
    05-02-14 08:03 AM
    Auto-suggest options are a bit of a mess all round on BB10. It's the same with the automatic address suggestions it comes up with when you compose an email.
    kbz1960, ubizmo and Denny_Crane like this.
    05-02-14 09:52 AM
    With the keyboard learning it's all about the way you swipe and going back and making the first few initial corrections when necessary.
    But ya definitely not a browser thing.
    Glad you finally got it OP

05-02-14 03:41 PM
    Kind of reminds me of the universal search cache issue too:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...istory-834809/
    05-02-14 11:49 PM