Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Broken Q10 Keyboard - Ideas to Fix?

Issues:
    1) If i run my left thumb across the left side of the keys without depressing a key, it types a 0.
    2) If I depress the space bar, it adds a 0 after the last character
    3) Device inadvertently adds 0 while typing, making every single word in need of spelling correction
    4) 9 key doesn't work - and can only include a 9 when selecting it after choosing the SYM key

I don't know if this thing got wet, dropped, or what - but this has been going on for a few weeks and as you can imagine it is ridiculously difficult to type on my Q10. I went to an ATT store and they explained they don't service or support - nor did they even have one that I could buy as a replacement.

Is it possible to deconstruct the device and see if something is in there or if there is damage? Wondering if I should just buy a replacement device and just be done with this one.
    CrackBerry Genius

The keyboard is a sealed unit. You may be able to get it apart, but putting it back together may be a problem. I had to replace the motherboard on my phone when I got it wet and the Q10 is not particularly hard to take apart and put back together if you have the correct screw drivers.

In regards to a source for an original replacement keyboard, perhaps one of the other forum members can make a suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    Banned

PIN
    27EE1588

Try replacing the keyboard. That would be the most cost effective. The symptoms seem caused by liquid damage.

Posted via CB10