Broken Q10 Keyboard - Ideas to Fix?
1) If i run my left thumb across the left side of the keys without depressing a key, it types a 0.
2) If I depress the space bar, it adds a 0 after the last character
3) Device inadvertently adds 0 while typing, making every single word in need of spelling correction
4) 9 key doesn't work - and can only include a 9 when selecting it after choosing the SYM key
I don't know if this thing got wet, dropped, or what - but this has been going on for a few weeks and as you can imagine it is ridiculously difficult to type on my Q10. I went to an ATT store and they explained they don't service or support - nor did they even have one that I could buy as a replacement.
Is it possible to deconstruct the device and see if something is in there or if there is damage? Wondering if I should just buy a replacement device and just be done with this one.
- CrackBerry Genius
08-05-2014, 01:54 PM #2
- 3,531 Posts
The keyboard is a sealed unit. You may be able to get it apart, but putting it back together may be a problem. I had to replace the motherboard on my phone when I got it wet and the Q10 is not particularly hard to take apart and put back together if you have the correct screw drivers.
In regards to a source for an original replacement keyboard, perhaps one of the other forum members can make a suggestion.
Posted via CB10
- By Alexandra Barrable in forum Buy, Sell, Trade - Sold / ArchivedReplies: 3Last Post: Today, 06:45 AM
- By Andreas Uberman Z in forum BlackBerry Q5Replies: 2Last Post: 08-10-2014, 07:32 PM
- By SinbadKonick in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2014, 04:39 PM
- By lycan666 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-08-2014, 12:10 PM
- By PoLaRBe4rr in forum BlackBerry Q10Replies: 1Last Post: 08-05-2014, 11:55 AM