I was trying to sort out an issue with mu q10 no longer accessing my laptop via file manager so i ended up doing a full factory reset on my hand set to see if maybe I had to start from scratch to get my handset to "see" it, but as it stands my handset is now just an ugly paperweight - i used to love my q10 now i hate it with all the apssion of a million burning suns and i am crushed that after spending so much time trying to get this handset to do what i wanted it to do i am stuck without anything to show for it

this is not a plea for help - i am passed that now this is simply me shouting into the void about my crappy luck now being stuck without even a decent phone as nothing works!

ps THIS should have been the handset bb pushed instead of the z10 as this is supposed to be a true blackberry not the sad little android wanna-be it is

q10 is the red-headed step child that bb have all but ignored and i am so pissed off at them for doing this to me
    07-22-13 07:47 AM
    Is there something I'm missing? You bricked your phone and you're pissed at BlackBerry???
    07-22-13 08:04 AM
    Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately it does not sound like a BlackBerry problem or a Q10 problem. This could have been a problem with your computer. Also, how did you go about wiping the device and why did you think that would work?
    07-22-13 08:15 AM
    q10 is the red-headed step child that bb have all but ignored and i am so pissed off at them for doing this to me
    It would seem you did this to yourself. We could help, but maybe not anymore since you're not asking for help.
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    07-22-13 08:17 AM
    07-22-13 08:36 AM
    I would think that doing a factory reset shouldnt brick the phone
    07-22-13 11:53 AM
    I would think that doing a factory reset shouldnt brick the phone
    I'm thinking the reset was interrupted at some point, that could brick the phone but we don't know as the OP is not responding to requests for more info.

*EDIT*

Here's an interesting quote from the OP in another thread that might shed a bit more light on the matter:

"I have just gone thru and purposely bricked my phone"

She purposely bricked her phone in order to try and fix it, it seems. She has no excuse to be pissed at BlackBerry, but every excuse to be pissed at herself for pulling such a moronic move!
    ray689 likes this.
    07-22-13 12:12 PM
    Using a PC or a Mac laptop?
    07-22-13 12:17 PM
    I'm thinking the reset was interrupted at some point, that could brick the phone but we don't know as the OP is not responding to requests for more info.

*EDIT*

Here's an interesting quote from the OP in another thread that might shed a bit more light on the matter:

"I have just gone thru and purposely bricked my phone"

She purposely bricked her phone in order to try and fix it, it seems. She has no excuse to be pissed at BlackBerry, but every excuse to be pissed at herself for pulling such a moronic move!

What was she expecting to accomplish?

Posted via Z10
    07-22-13 12:23 PM
    What was she expecting to accomplish?

Posted via Z10
    I have no idea but here's a link to that thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...anager-827877/
    ray689 likes this.
    07-22-13 12:28 PM
    There seems to be some confusion over the wording: I bricked my phone as in I factory reset from the handset and the did a security wipe - no interruption as the pc was not connected

Handset is back to where I started this morning (seven hrs later!) and remote file access STILL doesn't work!!!

To those who offered to help, it was not asked for I was just pissed that the remote file access that worked first go when I installed link on old laptop, but now better laptop, link goes tits up!

IT guru hubby has looked at conectivity settings and no idea why not working anymore

Also should add there are tons of threads on official BlackBerry forums about this happening so it's not just me

Knowledge is power... Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 01:46 PM
    There seems to be some confusion over the wording: I bricked my phone as in I factory reset from the handset and the did a security wipe - no interruption as the pc was not connected

Handset is back to where I started this morning (seven hrs later!) and remote file access STILL doesn't work!!!

To those who offered to help, it was not asked for I was just pissed that the remote file access that worked first go when I installed link on old laptop, but now better laptop, link goes tits up!

IT guru hubby has looked at conectivity settings and no idea why not working anymore

Also should add there are tons of threads on official BlackBerry forums about this happening so it's not just me

What OS are you running? I used to have some random issues with remote file access but not since i've loaded the 10.1.0.4543 leak. Its perfect now.

Posted via Z10
    07-22-13 01:51 PM
    What OS are you running? I used to have some random issues with remote file access but not since i've loaded the 10.1.0.4543 leak. Its perfect now.

Posted via Z10
    I am not advanced enough to attempt a leaked os install, I don't use the link software to upgrade, as it keeps trying to put faceplant back on, I check via the handset in settings

07-22-13 01:56 PM
    I am not advanced enough to attempt a leaked os install, I don't use the link software to upgrade, as it keeps trying to put faceplant back on, I check via the handset in settings

Fair enough, are you on 10.1 officially yet? My issues were before 10.1.

Posted via Z10
    07-22-13 01:57 PM
    defintely strange. i got like 7 computers (iMac, 2 Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Windows XP desktop and 2 win 8 laptops) and every computer syncs fine or can connect and edit the filesystem on the q10� So it definitely has to be your fault by a wrong configuration either on your laptop or on the q10.

Maybe u go through all that one more time, of course after your phone works correctly again (sorry to hear that! :/ )
    07-22-13 02:08 PM
    You know, plug your phone in and just leave it. That worked for me on one laptop. I haven't run into this problem with other computers yet. And back up you phone. If I had to I would drag the old laptop out and restore it but I wouldn't have deleted everything in the first place.
    07-22-13 02:12 PM
    My OS info:

Bricked Q10-img_00000494.png

07-22-13 02:35 PM
    I did a full backup before doing a full handset reset, handset is back to where I started...

07-22-13 02:38 PM