Replied on a couple threads and read through a bunch more to no avail so hopefully someone has some answers or did I get a Lemon?

Just had my friend bring back a TELUS Q10 from Van to HK yesterday. Super excitement was killed instantly. The phone refuses to boot up. Notification light will light up for a second, then straight to "battery with an explanation mark" AND repeat. Over and over again! I let it sit there and charge for 2 hours and it was still doing the same thing. Figured it'd be ok in the morning and yet I'm still stuck here clueless.

Honestly have been a BB fan thru and thru but this really pissed me off. My 9900 is hanging by a thread and I really needed this to come through. Sorry to say I might have to switch to my back up S4 at this rate unless I get some some sort of solution quick! Sorry for the rant but just extremely disappointed right now. Its not like I can bring it into a Telus store tomorrow for a replacement.
    06-11-13 02:21 AM
    Try a different battery.
    Worth a shot.
    06-11-13 02:26 AM
    Try a different battery.
    Worth a shot.
    I was just gonna post an edit. I took the battery out and connected it to my computer. Its doing the same loop of boot on boot off boot on boot off. This time showing the "no battery" signal. Talk about frustrating....
    06-11-13 02:29 AM
    Sorry to hear about this...try to put up some photos - there is a big community here - hopefully someone can assist.
    06-11-13 03:45 AM
    Maybe the phone just doesn't like your face! They have eyes you know!(THIS IS A JOKE, A JOKE)

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 04:48 AM
    Lol not really in a joking mood. Bout to throw this brand new brick at a wall.

Only pic I have is this:

Brand new Q10 refuses to boot up-945662_10152887779710459_263502601_n.jpg

Red indicator light flashes, this stupid pic shows up and reboot......repeat times infinity until I unplug
    06-11-13 05:41 AM
    Mine will show "no battery" and refuse to boot when just connected to the charger.

If you're set on having a Q10, maybe purchase the charging pack and try the battery from that. If it's a bad Q, you'll have a charging pack for the next one. If it's a bad battery, then you can buy a spare battery to use with the pack - or the faulty battery may work in the charging pack.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    06-11-13 05:44 AM
    I think it's a bad battery. Any chance you can get your hands on another Q10 battery to test it out ?
    I know how ****ty the feeling is not being able to use something - hang in there -
    06-11-13 05:57 AM
    I think it's a bad battery. Any chance you can get your hands on another Q10 battery to test it out ?
    I know how ****ty the feeling is not being able to use something - hang in there -
    I honestly don't think its the battery since it does the same reboot process while connected to a PC with the battery OUT. My buddy just got a Q10 too so I'll try his battery. If his doesnt work then I'm at a loss for words Blackberry lol. I'm pretty much the only one out of a my friends who still uses BB...this was seriously my last ditch effort to stay with BB.
    06-11-13 06:14 AM
    While waiting for your friends battery, maybe use a eraser and rub the contact points of the phone and also that of the battery. Then just stick the battery in the phone and then plug it into the original charger it came in and leave it there for a couple of hours and see what happens. You might want to even try a different wall outlet - At this point,, there is nothing to loose so just try everything...keep us updated...good luck !
    06-11-13 06:45 AM
    Just a thought but remove your micro SD if one was installed.

I am betting it is dead/DOA and will need replacement.

These things DO happena dn they are always SAD for the one who has the phone.

Don't give up.
    06-11-13 06:58 AM
    honestly you may have a lemon. try to get it exchanged asap
    06-11-13 10:13 AM
    im quite surprised that the store that you bought it from didnt fire it up for you at the time of purchase.
    moving from a sim to a mini sim they usually do the sim and battrery install, firing up the device then assist with the preamble of the agree or dont agree stuff.
    06-11-13 11:06 AM
    im quite surprised that the store that you bought it from didnt fire it up for you at the time of purchase.
    moving from a sim to a mini sim they usually do the sim and battrery install, firing up the device then assist with the preamble of the agree or dont agree stuff.
    [IMG]pic.twitter.com/2ILBhODo1P[/IMG]

Hopefully that picture shows.

ANYWAYS, update. The phone WORKS. Tried buddys battery and it finally booted it. I tried charging the battery another way and it failed to work. So the problem is a defective battery. Pretty weak of Blackberry to not test this crap before manufacture and boxing of unit . I have attached the pic of the serial and lot code for whoever else may encounter this problem.

Cracked1up, my friend brought this straight from a friend who works at Telus. I received it SEALED so there was no chance of it being tested on site. I did mention to buddy that he should have tested it before I received it but its too late now. At least now I know I didn't get a TOTAL lemon and all I'll need is to fork out for a new battery. Which is a shame in self!
    Attached Thumbnails Brand new Q10 refuses to boot up-2013-06-12-02.02.43.jpg   Brand new Q10 refuses to boot up-q10-batt-fail.jpg  
    06-11-13 03:53 PM
    Lithium-ion batteries are tricky in that they require protection circuits that draw power even when not in use, but batteries can be irreparably damaged if overly discharged. Most manufacturers will ship a lithium-ion battery with a 70-100% charge, but depending on how old that manufacture date is, the battery may be discharged by the time it gets to the customer. Once that battery is fully discharged past the safe voltage level, some protection circuits will power down completely and prevent further use or charging of the battery, rendering it useless.

Recently, I bought a power tool that came with a dead lithium-ion battery. The charger would not even recognise the battery, as the protection circuit had shut it down. I needed the tool immediately for a job, and was able to open it up to "jump" the cells inside - no such luxury for a sealed cell phone battery. The replacement battery I was given was also dead - it took the third battery to find one with a charge. This points to either poor rotation of warehouse stock, or that one-in-a-million battery that somehow slipped through the cracks and had been sitting on the back of a shelf since the Q10 started production.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    06-11-13 06:52 PM
    Replied on a couple threads and read through a bunch more to no avail so hopefully someone has some answers or did I get a Lemon?

Just had my friend bring back a TELUS Q10 from Van to HK yesterday. Super excitement was killed instantly. The phone refuses to boot up. Notification light will light up for a second, then straight to "battery with an explanation mark" AND repeat. Over and over again! I let it sit there and charge for 2 hours and it was still doing the same thing. Figured it'd be ok in the morning and yet I'm still stuck here clueless.

Honestly have been a BB fan thru and thru but this really pissed me off. My 9900 is hanging by a thread and I really needed this to come through. Sorry to say I might have to switch to my back up S4 at this rate unless I get some some sort of solution quick! Sorry for the rant but just extremely disappointed right now. Its not like I can bring it into a Telus store tomorrow for a replacement.
    Was the phone unlocked? Was the phone booted up after if it was? Sounds like a boot up error in the OS! I suspect it's from unlocking!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 07:23 PM
    Was the phone unlocked? Was the phone booted up after if it was? Sounds like a boot up error in the OS! I suspect it's from unlocking!

Posted via CB10
    The problem has been identified and resolved (sort of). As initially suggested - Bad Battery.
    06-11-13 11:31 PM
    Pretty weak of Blackberry to not test this crap before manufacture and boxing of unit
    Seriously? You expect them to test boot every single Q10 they ship? Do you even realize how long that would take, and how much money that would cost? How slow production would be?
    06-12-13 12:11 AM
    Glad to hear that it now works ;-)
    06-12-13 01:19 AM
    Seriously? You expect them to test boot every single Q10 they ship? Do you even realize how long that would take, and how much money that would cost? How slow production would be?
    It wasn't an OS/phone problem so yes I do expect them to "test" the batteries they plan to send out with the units. My buddy works for a carrier and he's seen numerous returns of Blackberries already with numerous different reasons.

I don't know about you but if I was in a World of trying to keep up with Samsung and Apple, I'd be a little more on top of things. You think launching in the US 5 months, count it FIVE MONTHS after announcement of the unit helps things? Just being a realist. Call me bitter if you must.
    06-12-13 04:39 PM
    well im glad that it is just the battery. Sorry that you had issues right from the get go, that always sucks.
    Im sure that they will replace the battery for free for you. When you get up and running and over the learning curve im sure that you will be happy with your new Q10. We love ours (hoping that one of the future Q devices brings back the track pad tho).
    Enjoy. and thanks for your post
    06-14-13 09:21 AM
    I honestly don't think its the battery since it does the same reboot process while connected to a PC with the battery OUT. My buddy just got a Q10 too so I'll try his battery. If his doesnt work then I'm at a loss for words Blackberry lol. I'm pretty much the only one out of a my friends who still uses BB...this was seriously my last ditch effort to stay with BB.
    Looks like you already figured this out, but just for anyone's future reference, the Q10 will not boot without a battery, even when connected to an external power supply.
    06-14-13 09:30 AM
    It wasn't an OS/phone problem so yes I do expect them to "test" the batteries they plan to send out with the units
    Absolutely impossible. You didn't read what I wrote. It would take way to much time to test absolutely every single unit they send out. Think about it. They'd have to hire people to individually put every battery into a Q10, boot up every battery, make sure it worked properly, take it back out and wipe it down again. That's for ONE Q10. Now remember that they're shipping out millions of these things every month. No company in the world does this kind of thing at this quantity. If that process took just one minute (hint: it wouldn't) that would be several million man hours for testing batteries. If they have 50 bugs in 3,000,000 batteries, that's a success.

I don't know about you but if I was in a World of trying to keep up with Samsung and Apple, I'd be a little more on top of things.
    Yes, and they should personally respond to every customer complaint. You said you're a realist, but your demands are purely unrealistic.

You think launching in the US 5 months, count it FIVE MONTHS after announcement of the unit helps things? Just being a realist. Call me bitter if you must.
    I've never mentioned this.

And just for the record, I've been waiting just as impatiently as you. And I agree with you in some regards. BlackBerry needs to understand that they have been late, time and time again, again and ******* again. How about they stop giving us optimistic bull**** dates, and instead add 2-3 months to their estimates? For ****'s sake that would be 10x more accurate.
    54321bammm likes this.
    06-15-13 03:22 AM