I'm absolutely gutted at this point. I've been an iPhone user for a while now (have a 6 as current phone) and wanted to give Blackberry a go.

I bought a Q10, turned out to be stolen and blacklisted, but managed to get my money back and the phone back to it's owner (bugger forgot to wipe the device, took forever to deal with that).

I bought another Q10, and noticed now that it says "Property of Research in Motion" and "Not for Sale". What is my next course of action? Does anyone have an email or phone number for RIM/Blackberry regarding who I should contact to give the phone back (assuming they want it)? Not sure if I should just go through general support for this.

The phone is not blacklisted (checked on protectyourdata), just needs a SIM reader replacement which I was going to take it to Pacific Mall for. Works perfectly fine otherwise, been using it as a mini-tablet to get used to it for now.

I'm so done buying used phones, and I guess I should just stick with the iPhone at this point after two attempts of buying a Blackberry! I'm just going to be even more gutted to be out more money as the seller will not respond to me, hoping RIM can send me a discount code or something when I send the device back.

Thanks for any input!
    Bryan Maur likes this.
    02-27-15 09:05 PM
    I'll recommend the Passport or Classic instead.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 09:57 PM
    Wow. Sounds like some really bad luck! Buying a used phone that's stolen is a possibility with any brand.

There are some new Q10s being sold by BlackBerry on Amazon for half the price of the Classic. That will save you the risk of buying a stolen phone or whatever you have now (probably a pre-production device... I would keep it!).

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    02-28-15 10:22 AM
    Looks like you bought a 'developers edition' or a 'reviewers edition' of the Q10. That's why it says 'not for sale'. You should have no issues with it, but if it bothers you, see if you can return it (Amazon and Ebay take care of you, if you bought it from there).

The whole stolen phone thing can happen to anyone - regardless of phone brand. Use Swappa to buy used phones.
    02-28-15 10:27 AM