I had a Bold 9700 and just got the Q10. With the bold I could select which Bluetooth services would be used for each pairing. The Q10 seems to be more of all or nothing. Basically I want my car to only be a handsfree device and not a audio output device but I can't seem to change that. Anyone got any solutions?
    06-06-13 11:22 AM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

I'm not seeing such options either after a quick look.
    Can I ask what you don't like about the current simplified setup? For example, is there an undesired effect occurring?
    06-06-13 11:30 AM
    If I try to have the GPS going, then I won't hear the sounds unless the car radio is on the Bluetooth connection.
    06-06-13 11:46 AM
    Oh really?
    Wow, that's odd.

TBH, I didn't even know there were sounds associated with BB Maps, which is what I think you mean.

Have you checked your vehicle's settings to see if there's any help there?
    May I ask, which vehicle is it?

If you have access to another vehicle (different brand, though) at home or work with BT and you have few minutes, be interesting to see if it's the same there too.
    06-06-13 12:03 PM
    It's a Chevy Equinox. The only options I can do in either one is to pair or unpair. With the Bold 9700 this wasn't a problem, you could disable the audio output through Bluetooth.
    06-06-13 12:32 PM
    I think the interface in a lot of vehicles is smart enough now to figure this stuff out, so maybe that's why BBRY went with simplified options.

I know BT with my car doesn't have the issue you're having.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help you. Just my theory.

Pretty doubtful, but might be worth calling Service Dept. at a dealer and asking if there's a firmware upgrade available at all for the infotainment system. Or just contact GM themselves.

Again, sorry don't have an easy solution for you.

This is how you CB10, son!
    06-06-13 08:52 PM
    I would do the same in my truck and disable the audio pairing.

The audio for programs comes out of the stereo audio pairing so you can play music in your car. It does not go through the phone pairing where audio from a phone call will override what ever you happen to be playing on the stereo.

I don't have mine paired, but with the older phones I think the pairing options only showed up when paired via bluetooth to the car.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:17 PM
    Does not look like there's a solution for it yet. :/
    06-07-13 10:13 PM