Let me start by saying, Mods, I'm not sure where this belongs so please move it�.

Anyways, my question is, how secure really, can a blackphone be??? To send encrypted messages, doesn't the destination have to have the same protocol to receive and decrypt said message?? Like BBM, bbm was secure because only the end user could decrypt the message and display it.. So if i make a encrypted phone call to an iPhone, how would my call be private?? How would my emails be private� ? Would I have to convince all my friends to switch to a blackphone to have a completely secure device??? I watched the video on the home screen and it seemed like more hopeful fantasy than anything else�.
    01-15-14 10:27 AM
    The only truly secure phone.....
    Blackphone questions-brick.jpg

Posted via CB10
    adjdudley21 and Barljo like this.
    01-15-14 10:35 AM
    It's based on Android. Just let that sink in for a sec.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    01-16-14 02:32 AM
    These are very good questions... I was genuinely wondering the same thing, but I guess the creators and owners are just riding this NSA-paranoia wave and going to sell regardless.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    01-16-14 06:36 AM
    Let me start by saying, Mods, I'm not sure where this belongs so please move it….

Anyways, my question is, how secure really, can a blackphone be???

To send encrypted messages, doesn't the destination have to have the same protocol to receive and decrypt said message??
    Yes.
    Like BBM, bbm was secure because only the end user could decrypt the message and display it..
    BBM never provided this level of encryption.
    So if i make a encrypted phone call to an iPhone, how would my call be private??
    How would my emails be private… ?
    The iPhone would have to run compatible software. For email that would probably be PGP which if I'm not mistaken is available for iPhone.
    Would I have to convince all my friends to switch to a blackphone to have a completely secure device???
    To take advantage of all the features they would like to provide, probably yes.
    I watched the video on the home screen and it seemed like more hopeful fantasy than anything else….
    Very astute observation.
    01-16-14 09:33 AM