Thanks to Q10 I'm starting to make BlackBerry cool again among friends. Claiming security issues, now they've downloaded BBM and we're chatting through it, despite they being iPhone and Samsung users (shame Windows Phone is unable to do so, that excludes the possibility of making a group chat using BBM instead of Whatsapp).

My partner, a long-time Android, user has gained interest on BlackBerry thanks to my Q10 and really wants to give it a try. I suggested the Z30 as no-keyboard users trend to like it more.

Privacy is now a real concern among common people, as FB, Google, etc they all seem to 'spy'on us in order to customise what they try to sell...I think they're fed up. The pentagon and Obama thing has really attracted attention and they really appreciate what BlackBerry has to offer.

Plus BB 10 works amazingly well, and my partner was even surprided there were enough apps on BlackBerry World (it needs to keep improving though).

Hope this helps. Do you have similar experiences?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 03:16 AM
    I had friends very interested in my Z10 when I first got it. They are not as interested in the Q10, which is odd, because I much prefer my Q to my Z.
    saxxman and Santutxu like this.
    01-27-14 04:31 AM
    Encryption is key! Our devices are government-level secure out of the box... imagine that

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    01-27-14 07:07 AM
    Thing is most people complain about privacy but then openly talk trash about BlackBerry and pick iPhone or Android-based phones. I think this may change, hopefully

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 08:48 AM
    I had friends very interested in my Z10 when I first got it. They are not as interested in the Q10, which is odd, because I much prefer my Q to my Z.
    agreed. It is odd. Tell them to do this: partner Q10 with a good tablet - its winwin in my opinion. Greets

Posted with my Q10 on 10.2.0.429
    01-27-14 11:04 AM
    I haven't been able to get any of my friends or family to even consider a BlackBerry. I have converted a few to BBM though. They don't like uploading their contact list to Whatsapp, so BBM's pin messaging is perfect for them.
    01-27-14 11:12 AM