Having used BB's for the past 10 years for business and personal use. I know I need their QWERTY keyboard. I agree with other posters that touch screens are for quick replies. A multiparagraph e-mail in proper business grammar on a touch screen either takes forever or comes out looking like it was written in a Kindergarten class. My guess is that BB wanted the touch screen out as direct competition for other full touch screen phones.

For those of us that want to use the device for actual communication rather than playing games and videos BB bring on the Q10. I'm ready for it.
    rthonpm likes this.
    02-06-13 04:55 PM
    The delayed Q10 release is a sad situation. QWERTy is a significant driver in BB preference. So disappointing. BGR reports May/June now. WTF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-06-13 05:44 PM
    The delayed Q10 release is a sad situation. QWERTy is a significant driver in BB preference. So disappointing. BGR reports May/June now. WTF?
    The simple fact of the matter is that they had to put their focus on getting the z10 right, people already know that BB know how to make a qwerty device, the thing they had to prove this time round was that with bb10 they could actually produce an all-touch device that was worth using.
    02-07-13 12:28 AM
    They don't actually think it will suddenly convert a lot of touch users to move over to BlackBerry do they? My point being it will take more than a few cute gestures and features to do so. I genuinely want BB to succeed. We will know in a few months I guess. I went to play around with a Z10. Looks nice. Not enough to ditch my wealth of app libraries on Android or iOS. If you want to make the complete touch device then you better have the software options to back it up. Again, BB are not there yet. Sure hope the Q10 will come soon. I will give it a try.

02-07-13 05:21 AM
    They don't actually think it will suddenly convert a lot of touch users to move over to BlackBerry do they? My point being it will take more than a few cute gestures and features to do so. I genuinely want BB to succeed. We will know in a few months I guess. I went to play around with a Z10. Looks nice. Not enough to ditch my wealth of app libraries on Android or iOS. If you want to make the complete touch device then you better have the software options to back it up. Again, BB are not there yet. Sure hope the Q10 will come soon. I will give it a try.
    It is not that they automatically expect people to switch from ios or android, some will be too entrenched.

However, the touch market is a larger one in general and they will be expecting more sales from people who are interested in a change, people who only moved from blackberry because they wanted an all-touch device, people who might have otherwise moved from blackberry to an all-touch device or people moving from a dumbphone who would also tend to go for an all-touch device judging by the current market.
    02-07-13 06:35 AM
    Actually, i think thye did right. If they had released q10 first,vless people will buy the z10.
    BBKrzy likes this.
    02-07-13 07:44 AM

You forget that the smartphone market is growing. Even if BB just brings in their share of new smart phone users they will have done well. The goal is to grow their world wide base.
    02-07-13 09:47 AM
    BlackBerry's bread and butter has always been the physical keyboard.
    BBKrzy likes this.
    02-07-13 10:39 AM
    I have been waiting for a new Blackberry release for over 18 months, because I HATE touchscreen typing, as do most faithful Blackberry users.
    First, I have to say that it would be great if you could take a couple of hours to view the many video reviews of the typing on the Z10 You will find that many BB owners actually LOVE the Z10 keyboard. They describe the experience as both "fast and enjoyable". The ability to flick the words up by typing just the beginning few letters saves seconds on each word, which translates to minutes on each message. (If you don't know about the flicking, feel free to view some CB hands on videos of the Z10.)

With that being said, I think many BB keyboard users are annoyed and frustrated, because they have always relied on the fact that as the world continues to move towards "touch only" devices, that they could at least count on the old-faithful Blackberry to pull through with a great keyboard device...And the reality is that they did! Many news sources incorrectly stated that BB was not offering a keyboard device, and this set off a firestorm- but it was inaccurate. To make a long story short, I think a lot of keyboard device lovers feel "left out" during the mobile device advancements...especially when the company that they relied upon is also making technological strides in the all-touch arena.

Releasing a phone involves a lot of steps, agencies, protocol, and contracts between governments, carriers, and retailers, and the phone manufacturer itself. So, the release date is what it is. We don't know who's to blame, who's not to blame, why the delay....the best bet is to just wait. You can't really blame BB for choosing to market an all-touch device first. EVERYONE knows that the first device had to be DIFFERENT than any other BB experience EVER....period! If they were going to succeed in the marketing and deployment for BB10, they didn't have any other choice.

...But they didn't forget about you, it's coming...you'll see.
    02-07-13 12:09 PM
    BlackBerry's bread and butter has always been the physical keyboard.
    Judging by their sales figures that bread was going stale and if they didn't do something drastic they were going to end up toast.
    Bbnivende and Thunderbuck like this.
    02-07-13 03:10 PM
    I'm more than a year out from upgrade eligibility, so I can wait. By then, both phones should be readily available on the US market, and I'll know which one is for me (if either). Really want to see how nixing the track pad and other buttons of which I've grown accustomed is addressed.
    02-07-13 10:28 PM
    It comes down to marketing and no one being able to see outside the box.
    02-08-13 09:35 AM
    It comes down to marketing and no one being able to see outside the box.
    Well you just write the board of directors and tell them you want Thorsten's job. 'Cause apparently you have the answers ...
    02-08-13 09:38 AM
    Maybe Prem Watsa can help out. I am sure he is thrilled so far.
    02-08-13 09:41 AM
    Chill man, just be patient with BlackBerry. I'm sure once we have the Q10, we'll all be happy
    BBKrzy likes this.
    02-08-13 11:02 AM
    Actually it's not up to blackberry for the release date, it's all up to the carriers. They have to test them out n all that. It sucks i know i am desperately impatiently waiting for the q10, im tired of using my iphone and want to go back to my beloved blackberry!
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    02-08-13 01:41 PM
    I personally can not wait till the q10 comes out as I will be the 1st to say how much I miss the best tactical physical keyboard around.

However you guys being stuck on saying the q10 or any keyboard phone was their bread and butter....are wrong! Least in today's standards. BB knew this, hence releasing the all touch z10 1st.

More and more people have unfortunately went to the all touch, huge screen phones. I am one of them, granted contemplating coming back as I do miss my physical keyboard. Don't let that fool you though as us physical keyboard lovers are such a small blimp on the radar anymore.

They would have been fools to release the q10 1st. I used to think otherwise as well.

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-08-13 03:36 PM
    With all the inevitable teething problems of the Z10 I am glad of the delay as maybe these will be ironed out
    02-09-13 11:54 AM

BGR jumped on a Washington Post piece that was based on worst-case speculation. With T-Mobile bring UP their launch date to mid-March, we're conceivably seeing US availability as early as mid-April.
    02-09-13 12:07 PM
    There's another side to this, and that is people like me, who used have fingers to die for but now have fingers that kill me...arthritic end joints. Not here to moan...although I could get a good moan going if I were asked and bribed with a bar of decent make choc....but sadly I find typing on a touch screen virtually impossible. Having had the great honour as an BB Elite to not only be invited to tbe BB10 launch but to be given a Z10 too, I have tried and tried with the keyboard..am doing now....but I find it so very difficult. I need physical keys. Now I am hopfully in the minority, and while some like me need keys and others love the keys, there has been a great demand for touch screens of late in all makes of phones xx

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Tyndale2021 likes this.
    02-09-13 01:23 PM
    I for one am not too concerned about the delay.

My contract expires in October, so by then the Q10 will be out and hopefully the market will be clearer on its adoption of BlackBerry back into the mainstream, rather than on its deathbed.
    02-10-13 03:34 AM
    IMHO I think while the Z10 is arguably more "simple" to make, the Q10 would probably require more precision and class (I really can't get over how Thor described the Q10's design). I think the wait should be worthwhile.
    02-10-13 06:05 AM
    Hang in there, physical keyboard lovers!
    02-10-13 06:06 AM
    .....Thankfully the Q10 is a quality,brilliant device worth waiting for. Thanks Thorstein and the team at BlackBerry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    I would not go sucking Thor's lollipop just yet. You have no idea. Typing is almost guaranteed to be great. Keyboard shortcuts? Like the best of OS7, it's probably been eliminated.
    02-10-13 07:34 AM
    It was never delayed, RIM already announced the device will be available a few weeks after the Z10.
    One thing I can say for sure is: I never, not once, and I've been scanning this site closely, seen, heard or dreamed that anyone from RIM stated 'the keyboarded device would follow within weeks'. They only said shortly thereafter. People here speculated on how long 'shortly' woould be... But no verbiage such as 'weeks' was given by anyone employed by RIM.
    02-10-13 08:46 AM
52 123