Then we're both BlackBerry lover not just user..
    Here they go..

Posted from my Q10 w/ CB10

BlackBerry Q10 - worried about losing Whatsapp and DO NOT WANT any other phone but BlackBerry. What can I do?-303093_2094187686802_1756043251_n.jpg

Which one you'll choose?

TheCSI likes this.
    08-21-16 01:51 AM
    You still have that? Post more pics please. It's beautiful. This thread isn't going anywhere anyway.

BlackBerry Q10 - worried about losing Whatsapp and DO NOT WANT any other phone but BlackBerry. What can I do?-face10_ttt.jpg

Still use them sometimes...

TheCSI likes this.
    08-21-16 01:54 AM
    You still have that? Post more pics please. It's beautiful. This thread isn't going anywhere anyway.
    For me.. WA is dead.. not BlackBerry

BlackBerry Q10 - worried about losing Whatsapp and DO NOT WANT any other phone but BlackBerry. What can I do?-320657_2146497594517_2052373392_n-1-.jpg

TheCSI likes this.
    08-21-16 01:56 AM
    Download what's app.apk from Internet install it and you will be ok. So simple.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 03:43 AM
    Do like me: buy a oneplus, install hub, keyboard, BlackBerry services and all the BlackBerry Applications you can find on play store and wait for some future good news from Canada.

Bye BlackBerry hope to see you very soon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    That approach works fairly well. I have used Colbalts excellent BlackBerry Manager to install the hub, BB keyboard and other apps on my Wileyfox Swift (running Cyanogen) and provides a BlackBerry-droid like experience, but IMHO it's not a patch on BB10 (with or even without) a physical keyboard
    08-21-16 05:03 AM
    So..? I've used Bbm far before WA was born... what's the deal?? #gotohellwa..!!

Attachment 406312

That's my first bbm.. hahahahahaha

Wow nice picture...aand its true!!
    BBM 0Contacts...

Ive got only 5people on BBM. The rest on WA or only SMS/Email

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    08-21-16 09:34 AM
    Wow nice picture...aand its true!!
    BBM 0Contacts...

Ive got only 5people on BBM. The rest on WA or only SMS/Email

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    0 contact because I'm using Q10 now.. and I'm only use BlackBerry w/ physical keyboard.. don't want use BlackBerry w/ android platform.. android is suck.. at least for me :-)

Q10Bold likes this.
    08-21-16 10:39 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	303093_2094187686802_1756043251_n.jpg 
Views:	1172 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	406936

Which one you'll choose?

7290 is iconic BlackBerry for me. You have a very nice collection there. Amazing.
    08-21-16 11:11 AM
    0 contact because I'm using Q10 now.. and I'm only use BlackBerry w/ physical keyboard.. don't want use BlackBerry w/ android platform.. android is suck.. at least for me :-)

Yes..Q10!! Love mine too!!
    08-22-16 03:47 AM
    hey guys, how about we Petition WhatsApp/Facebook to amend their plan to stop bb support.

Just started on petition on change.org please have a look. I need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

https://www.change.org/p/facebook-ke...edium=copylink

Note that Microsoft cancelled its plans to shutdown Skype Desktop API following a petition with "only" 1500 supporters.

https://www.change.org/p/skype-provi...-skype-s-users

Skype Desktop API is a far nerdier thing with obviously less people caring.

I am looking forward to your support!

PS: You don't need the sign the Skype's one

J
    Thanks!
    Last edited by darkzbaron; 04-08-17 at 04:14 AM. Reason: typo
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-26-17 11:25 AM
    hey guys, how about we Petition WhatsApp/Facebook to amend their plan to stop bb support.
    Just started on petition on change dot org (cannot post url here) please have a look.
    My goal is to rach 100 signatures and I need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:
    https://www.change.org/p/facebook-ke...ail_responsive
    Thanks!
    It has 3 supporters so far. Even if it gets 100, it probably needs to get 100x if not 1000x more than that to get WhatsApp to notice.

Posted with my  Classic
    03-26-17 07:11 PM
    Hey Jason, Thanks for your reply. I just started it but hope for some traction from the forum. I have looked into alternatives but let's face it the workaround is very elegant but would be still more inconveninent than keepng an apps that works!

In addition, this idea came to me after reading about the Skype Desktop API case which was due to be cancelled but finally not thanks to a petition.

I wish there was other way around. For instance, I would love to switch to a KeyONE but that it still not quite like OS10.

Posted with my Classic!
    03-27-17 05:50 AM
    Please change your petition title to " for BlackBerry 10 " devices. By just mentioning BlackBerry devices, you are giving wrong impression to others that whatsapp will stop supporting all of the BlackBerry devices which is simply not true as whatsapp on BlackBerry Android Devices will keep working normally.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 09:01 AM
    Hi Valiant, thanks for the comment. Will do
    03-27-17 09:54 AM
    Please change your petition title to " for BlackBerry 10 " devices. By just mentioning BlackBerry devices, you are giving wrong impression to others that whatsapp will stop supporting all of the BlackBerry devices which is simply not true as whatsapp on BlackBerry Android Devices will keep working normally.
    I understand the point about differentiating BlacKBerry devices but why limit it to BB10?
    There are lots of legacy BlackBerry OS users out there who are equally perturbed at the loss of Whats App and who might well sign the petition and further swell the numbers.

.... and please lets not use this to prompt another BB10 vs BBOS debate
    03-27-17 09:58 AM
    Hey Jason, Thanks for your reply. I just started it but hope for some traction from the forum. I have looked into alternatives but let's face it the workaround is very elegant but would be still more inconveninent than keepng an apps that works!

In addition, this idea came to me after reading about the Skype Desktop API case which was due to be cancelled but finally not thanks to a petition.

I wish there was other way around. For instance, I would love to switch to a KeyONE but that it still not quite like OS10.

Posted with my Classic!
    Well good luck to you, but I would temper my expectations.

Posted with my  Classic
    03-27-17 02:03 PM
    Install whatsapp for android it works just fine

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 12:48 PM
    Install whatsapp for android it works just fine

Posted via CB10
    There is NO guarantee that the Android WhatsApp will continue to work after the cutoff date. I have read other posts that strongly suggest that WhatsApp will stop THEIR SERVERS from responding to the un-supported versions of the app!

I think you are going to be out of luck come July 1st.

A great alternative is an Android BB phone. I switched from Classic to PRIV and am very happy.
    05-01-17 01:57 PM
    Mmm im not quite sure what you mean, but i have the last version of whatsapp for android in my bb10 phone. I know whatsapp native for bb10 will soon stop working, but i dont understand whats the relation with the whatsapp android because i thing working as android app is like working normal as a android app. I never hear will stop support for whats app android.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 02:14 PM
    There is NO guarantee that the Android WhatsApp will continue to work after the cutoff date. I have read other posts that strongly suggest that WhatsApp will stop THEIR SERVERS from responding to the un-supported versions of the app!

I think you are going to be out of luck come July 1st.

A great alternative is an Android BB phone. I switched from Classic to PRIV and am very happy.
    The WA BB10 dev said the native app won't be able to connect to servers after the cutoff date. This is because there is a kill date built into the app and thus won't be able to properly authenticate with WA servers. Unless WA updates their Android app to recognize when its used on BB10 and authenticate based on that, why would they the userbase for that is so small nor has there been any indication they are considering it, then users will be able to use the Android app with all its warts until the date comes that new features and updates not compatible with the existing runtime make the app unusable.
    05-01-17 02:26 PM
    Easy: forget about WhatsApp and move to Telegram.

I've been using Plus Messenger (the best Telegram client) for months -available at Amazon's App Store- and I don't need WhatsApp anymore. I wish had discovered Plus Messenger before...

 OS 10, always
    05-04-17 05:44 PM
    How does Plus Messenger work with Q10? What is the cost?

. . . . . Pete
    05-04-17 07:18 PM
    Not sure if a resolution has been reached at this point or not, cuz I couldn't be bothered reading 72 replies, so I'll just say this:
    a) accept that Whatsapp will terminate their app for BlackBerry 10 and find some other thing to use
    b) pray Whatsapp will have mercy on BlackBerry 10 and extend or get rid of the idea of nixing their app on it
    c) Buy a BlackBerry KEYone
    05-04-17 07:47 PM
    How does Plus Messenger work with Q10? What is the cost?

. . . . . Pete
    Just download it for free from the Amazon's App Store (which comes with OS 10). It works nicely as it does on Android phones.

Since I started using Plus Messenger I forgot about WhatsApp for good

 OS 10, always
    05-05-17 06:03 PM

Just started on petition on change.org please have a look. I need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:
    I'd sooner sign a petition to get people to stop using WhatsApp. The Internet is based on OPEN standards for communication. If WhatsApp was an open standard, you wouldn't have to worry about this situation.
    The ultimate solution is to get people to start using communication methods based on free, open standards.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    05-05-17 07:30 PM
102 12345