I recently had to take my sim card out of my Q10 to use in another phone for a few hours. During this time, I left the battery out of the device. I put the sim and battery back in the Q10, but now it will not power on. No LED, no keyboard lights, no screen. Is this common for the q10? Someone help me. I can't do without my BlackBerry for too long! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    deji_abv likes this.
    07-05-14 04:12 PM
    Put battery and SIM in device, connect it to your computer and fire up BlackBerry Link, see if Link detects the device.
    07-05-14 04:48 PM
    Link finds it, but i says its disconnected

07-05-14 04:55 PM
    Tried charging it? Keep it on for a bit to see if the red light comes on and stays on steady...
    07-05-14 04:58 PM
    It has been on charge for a few hours, no lights what so ever! Sorry for any grammar errors, having to use iCrap until I get my Q10 back up and running!

07-05-14 05:00 PM
    It has been on charge for a few hours, no lights what so ever! Sorry for any grammar errors, having to use iCrap until I get my Q10 back up and running!

1. Take everything out (Battery, SIM, Memory card, Charger)
    2. Charge without without battery in... See if the red light comes on!
    3. If yes then something is up with your battery if no then somethings up with the phone.
    If yes put battery in while light is on and it might boot up!
    07-05-14 05:37 PM
    Still nothing

07-05-14 05:44 PM
    Has it ever been in for repair?

Have you tried cleaning the battery contacts on both the battery and the phone?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 06:16 PM
    No, it has never been in for repair, and no I haven't tried cleaning the contacts. I have tried another battery in the device and still not power on.

07-05-14 06:29 PM
    Long shot here but it worked for my wife's 9900. Pull the battery overnight then pop it back in. For some ridiculous reason it worked for me. Maybe it's a bug.

BB Proud
    07-05-14 06:32 PM
    Long shot here but it worked for my wife's 9900. Pull the battery overnight then pop it back in. For some ridiculous reason it worked for me. Maybe it's a bug.

BB Proud
    I will try that! Using this iPhone is driving me crazy!

07-05-14 06:33 PM

BB Proud
    Thank you, my Q10 works perfectly now! Must be some kind of bug that causes this! But anyway, thanks again!!!

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    07-06-14 08:48 AM
    What OS version are you running?

10.2.1.3175 contains a bug that may prevent a device from charging the battery if it is discharged.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 09:13 AM
    What OS version are you running?

10.2.1.3175 contains a bug that may prevent a device from charging the battery if it is discharged.

Posted via CB10
    I'm running 10.2.1.2122

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 10:18 AM
    Thank you, my Q10 works perfectly now! Must be some kind of bug that causes this! But anyway, thanks again!!!

Posted via CB10
    Great news. I suggested this a while back to someone and they thought I was nuts.

My guess is that the problem is a sort of memory loop. The device retains dome residual power. Pulling the battery discharges any residual power and the loop exhausts itself. But that's just a guess.

BB Proud
    Budi Kapiarso likes this.
    07-11-14 12:36 PM
    Great news. I suggested this a while back to someone and they thought I was nuts.

My guess is that the problem is a sort of memory loop. The device retains dome residual power. Pulling the battery discharges any residual power and the loop exhausts itself. But that's just a guess.

BB Proud
    Another way of discharging the residual power is to try to turn the phone on a few times without a battery or plugged in. It's a trick used when fixing laptops.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    07-11-14 12:48 PM
    Another way of discharging the residual power is to try to turn the phone on a few times without a battery or plugged in. It's a trick used when fixing laptops.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the tip.

BB Proud
    FCSC likes this.
    07-12-14 05:06 PM
    I had the exact same problem, I left my battery out overnight and in the morning I put it back in but my Q10 would not turn on or charge or anything, it was like it was totally dead. I tried a few other methods to get it running again like charging it with the battery in for a few hours and then with the battery out, and nothing worked, then I took you advice and removed the battery again over night and in the morning I put it back in and it worked! Thanks.
    08-18-14 10:42 AM

BB Proud

Yeah. I believe i was the one. You were even kind enough to send me the link where you read it. And was glad that it worked for me then. Thanks.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    08-18-14 12:54 PM
    Hi there, really excited in this forum because I'm a fan of q10 too but I really need for your help here. I've recently updated my blackberry 10 os to 10.3. .... but something suddenly happen. The phone is not turning on. When I try to charge it without anything plugged in, including the battery, the red light is only blinking once. Now I'm trying to keep it overnight. When you said the red light comes on, is it always on or just blinking? How can I check my battery?

Thank you so much for your kind reply
    Last edited by Budi Kapiarso; 03-07-15 at 05:07 AM. Reason: adding some emphasize
    03-07-15 05:05 AM
    my BB Q10 today when a battery is 8% it's stopped and i tried pulling the battery and put it back it doesn't turn on "" till noooow" @@ ??? what should i do step by step please , does my Q10 die ???
    08-08-15 05:42 PM
    Please help me with my BB Q10 its just went off and am unable to switch it on since 3days now i have charged it and i remove the battery plug the charger the light blink i put the battery again same things not on. What can i do it please help me out am getting tired so much.
    08-09-15 10:28 AM
    Please earlier comments. I once had this same issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 08:42 PM
    Please see previous comments. I once had this issue with my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 08:42 PM
    Blackberry z10 wont charge, No RED Light, Will not turn on.
    I held down the up and down volume key and pressed the top button to restart the phone while plugged into the computer and you see the Red light blink one as if trying to boot up but nothing happens. Eventually the red light turns off. Never does Blackberry Link recognize my connection of the Z10 to computer.

Best regards,
    Jos� de Sousa
    08-21-15 04:32 AM
32 12