Q10 native video player badly needs an update so that we can stretch video full screen without losing any portion of the video. MX player works with 1:1 ratio but it consumes more battery than the native player. Hope 10.3 OS upgrade comes with this option.
    07-24-14 09:33 AM
    MX Player "stretches" the video to full screen, without losing any portions of the video?

Only way I've seen that done, you end up with a very "stretched" or really squeezed image. The Video Player will do full screen, but yes that causes you to lose a lot of the original image.. not too bad for TV shows that still try to keep the real action within the original 1x1 center area. But movies.. you lose a lot.
    07-24-14 10:11 AM
    Yes MX players does it well.But this option on the native player will make the Q10 perfect.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 11:50 AM
    Yes MX players does it well.But this option on the native player will make the Q10 perfect.

Posted via CB10
    So the MX Player turns a 16x9 image into a 1x1 image... no bars, no stretched image, no cutting off the sides of the image?

https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/features That would be very good for Passport owners... just don't see it being possible or a listed feature. Changing the Aspect Ratio is there, but it should be on your Q10 also.... you just lose the sides.
    07-24-14 03:19 PM
    Yes MX player stretches any video to 1:1 ratio without cutting any part of the video. But still its an android app and it would be great if we get this on the native player for Q10,Q5 users as we have 1:1 ratio screen.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 03:59 PM
    Yes MX player stretches any video to 1:1 ratio without cutting any part of the video. But still its an android app and it would be great if we get this on the native player for Q10,Q5 users as we have 1:1 ratio screen.

Posted via CB10
    I'd love to see a screen cap of this if you can.

I can't imagine how you could stretch the image so it's taller to fit the whole screen and not distort the image.

I didn't know it was possible to change the height and keep the width the same and not distort the image.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 04:26 PM
    Interesting. I really want to see more support for square screens. Seems all the Blackberry qwertys have a 1:1 ratio screen

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-24-14 10:17 PM
    Q10 native video player badly needs an update so that we can stretch video full screen without losing any portion of the video. MX player works with 1:1 ratio but it consumes more battery than the native player. Hope 10.3 OS upgrade comes with this option.
    This is pretty much impossible. Well, possible *strictly technically speaking* but impossible in what people expect.

Stretching a video beyond its native aspect ratio will distort the image. The further you stretch the more distorted the image becomes, to the point that watching it is just masochism in action, and is very much disliked, which is why the black bars were found

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    07-26-14 11:58 PM
    Well you just need the proper working version of MX player. I am using MX Player Pro 1.7.15a . I don't know whether it's possible or not but this app stretching the videos well and it's watchable.
    10-16-14 07:42 PM