Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
Like Tree14Likes
  1. cvcv's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    57 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default BlackBerry Q10, the Ultimate Smartphone for Highly Effective People

    Just saying.

    Why? Because that thing makes me highly effective in my day-to-day life, at work and in my business.

    What's great about the Q10?

    • The Hub and its integration of multiple email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, BBM, Whatsapp, notifications, SMS, calendar items, I get everything in one place, easily accessible, easily manageable.
    • Active frames, it makes your screen a lot more dynamic. Active Frames saves me seconds everytime I use my phone. Very effective mutitasking.
    • The physical keyboard and its super smart word prediction system. Try it, youll see. I can write entire sentences by typing only 3-4 letters on the keyboard.
    • Shortcuts and Type N Go, lots of commands in there to save you some serious time.
    • Share everything easily (nothing new here), but the sharing options are nicely done on BlackBerry 10.
    • The best mobile Web browser experience ever. I loooove the Web browser reader too, which magnifies the main portion of the page (you can resize fonts) for easy reading, it works great.
    • File manager (to organize all my documents/media files) and integration with Box, Dropbox. I uploaded files greater than 150Mb to Box with my wireless carrier (Rogers), no Wi-Fi. Works like a charm.
    • BBM Voice, BBM Video and screen sharing. Lets face it, we live in a I Share everything world, so screen sharing? Hell yeah!
    • Excellent camera for photos and videos, great autofocus, TimeShift, Editing options and you will looove Story Maker, very powerful tool!
    • Overall hardware quality of the Q10, best in the industry, the Q10s body is strong and it feels great.



    Lets face it, were all busy and we all want to be more efficient. The BlackBerry Q10 is the heavy-duty tool you need to manage your life effectively.

    BlackBerry 10 is going to make you one of the most productive person you know. Period.
    Thanked by:
    mediadavid (07-09-2013) 
  2. TTune's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    454 Posts
    PIN
    2B5FAAC5
    #2  

    Default

    (Almost) All this applies to the Z10 @cvcv (which is, in my opinion, completely the same but vastly different than the Q10).
    Cheers!
    D_March likes this.
  3. nico2004's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,135 Posts
    PIN
    2B8217FE
    #3  

    Default

    Gents kudos to both of you,finally some intelectual people, that won't complain about ohhh what about this app or the other one.just simple go to the point of what the device is good for....


    Golf=passion
    Proud owner of the Z30 powerful tool indeed.
  4. cloarec1's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    16 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    I couldn't agree more. I am a previous I phone user and now have a Q10. The Q10 is the ultimate communication device, and has all the apps I use. However I don't use my phone as an arcade. I just hope blackberry can build an ecosystem such as apple and android have. Unless the future of apps is html, they are a big part of an ecosystem. I believe blackberry is on the right track, I just hope they don't get left behind while playing catch up.
    nico2004 likes this.
  5. godsfantasy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    195 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTune View Post
    (Almost) All this applies to the Z10 @cvcv (which is, in my opinion, completely the same but vastly different than the Q10).
    Cheers!
    The Z10's battery life would make this not true.
    I do agree that the Q10 is a business-class device. It almost invites you to work... creepy
  6. nico2004's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,135 Posts
    PIN
    2B8217FE
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godsfantasy View Post
    The Z10's battery life would make this not true.
    I do agree that the Q10 is a business-class device. It almost invites you to work... creepy
    You guys and the battery,ones more,apple android, windows phone have the same problem belive me,i know I have friends in different platform and they all complian the same.solution spend $60and get another battery with charger and u will be the happiest BlackBerry user, I know that because I'm one of them smarted $60u ever spend 24 hrs of charge, again I'm sure u wested money before in any other areas, but believe me u won't this time try it thank me later.

    Golf=passion
    Proud owner of the Z30 powerful tool indeed.
    rukawascsu likes this.
  7. newcollector's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,136 Posts
    PIN
    Safety or stick?
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godsfantasy View Post
    The Z10's battery life would make this not true.
    I do agree that the Q10 is a business-class device. It almost invites you to work... creepy
    The new OS updates like 10.1.0.4537 are giving me battery life like I used to get on my 9810; off the charger at 7:30am and back on at 11:30 with plenty of juice to spare.

    Both the Z10 and the Q10 are great phones. Naturally the Q10 will last longer (bigger battery and smaller screen) but both devices will make you more efficient.

    OP, glad you are pleased with your Q10. Nice writeup. I feel the same way about my Z10. Sunrise by that last statement, eh?

    Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.3.0.1130
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
  8. Dgree03's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    545 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvcv View Post
    Just saying.

    Why? Because that thing makes me highly effective in my day-to-day life, at work and in my business.

    What's great about the Q10?

    • The Hub and its integration of multiple email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, BBM, Whatsapp, notifications, SMS, calendar items, I get everything in one place, easily accessible, easily manageable. This is a nice feature, but it doesn't make BB10 that unique, different OS's have different implementations that accomplishes the same thing as Hub, sometime in a more efficient manner
    • Active frames, it makes your screen a lot more dynamic. Active Frames saves me seconds everytime I use my phone. Very effective mutitasking. Until we see headless apps, Active frames is a still considered an incomplete function
    • The physical keyboard and its super smart word prediction system. Try it, you’ll see. I can write entire sentences by typing only 3-4 letters on the keyboard. I agree the keyboard is nice, I used a friends Q10 for a few minutes and I admit I do miss a physical keyboard on a smartphone! Unfortunately that nostalgia of a keyboard doesnt outweight the shortcomings
    • Shortcuts and Type N Go, lots of commands in there to save you some serious time. Agree shortcuts are nice, but BB10 seems to be missing a few...
    • Share everything easily (nothing new here), but the sharing options are nicely done on BlackBerry 10. Again, nothing unique here, in fact the sharing functions are limited on BB10 because not every 3rd party app is available for sharing (This may have changed in 10.1?)
    • The best mobile Web browser experience ever. I loooove the Web browser reader too, which magnifies the main portion of the page (you can resize fonts) for easy reading, it works great.
    • File manager (to organize all my documents/media files) and integration with Box, Dropbox. I uploaded files greater than 150Mb to Box with my wireless carrier (Rogers), no Wi-Fi. Works like a charm. Nothing unique here
    • BBM Voice, BBM Video and screen sharing. Let’s face it, we live in a “I Share everything” world, so screen sharing? Hell yeah! This is actually unique in an messaging app, I have never used the features, but if you have 2 people using BB10, it seems like this is a better solution that multiple apps doing the same thing
    • Excellent camera for photos and videos, great autofocus, TimeShift, Editing options and you will looove Story Maker, very powerful tool! The camera on both the Q10 and Z10 are good mid range cams, but they do not compare to some of the other highend smartphones on the market. Timeshift isn't unique and neither is the ability to edit videos on your phone
    • Overall hardware quality of the Q10, best in the industry, the Q10’s body is strong and it feels great. The phone does feel great in had, but the hardware quality is a step below the HTC One, iPhone 5, and Lumia 920



    Lets face it, we’re all busy and we all want to be more efficient. The BlackBerry Q10 is the heavy-duty tool you need to manage your life effectively.

    BlackBerry 10 is going to make you one of the most productive person you know. Period.
    My rebuttal in bold, Q10 seems like a good phone, but lets not get carried away....

    The voice of reason....
  9. cellphonejunkey's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,083 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,089 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Yeah that is if you don't get whacked sync issues where you lose calendar events!?!?!?

    I'm slowly changing my mind! I'm not convinced they ironed out all of the bugs!

    Posted via CB10
    Sent Via crackberry forums from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2977
  10. wbbeinuni's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    608 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Overall, I agree with you.

    However....

    I still believe that it is the duty of all those who love BlackBerry and want to see the company make a comeback to demonstrate some tough love.

    We must shine the spotlight on the things that have to be fixed and amake enough noise to assure that they are corrected before it is too late......

    Posted via CBQ10
    ~Twitter: @wbbeinuni
    Brooklyn, NY/Eastern Ontario
  11. xBURK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,611 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,612 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Love this thread, thank you. I wish that they could convey how good these phones are in a wicked marketing campaign. Such a shame how we are the only ones that know how brilliant they are. Frustrating!

    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 07-09-2013 at 05:27 PM.
  12. FCSC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,074 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgree03 View Post
    My rebuttal in bold, Q10 seems like a good phone, but lets not get carried away....

    The voice of reason....
    it's almost like you didn't actually read his post... "What's great about the Q10?"

    No where did he say unique.... and beyond that the key terms were highly effective, efficient, productive.
    sbx9900 likes this.
  13. jrohland's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,981 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,044 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    File Manager can also access your PC(s) to create, copy, move, delete and rename files and folders on your PC and BlackBerry using Remote File Access. I use that a lot and find it massively useful.

    Posted via CB10
    sbx9900 likes this.
  14. cellphonejunkey's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,083 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,089 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvcv View Post
    Just saying.

    Why? Because that thing makes me highly effective in my day-to-day life, at work and in my business.

    What's great about the Q10?

    • The Hub and its integration of multiple email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, BBM, Whatsapp, notifications, SMS, calendar items, I get everything in one place, easily accessible, easily manageable.
    • Active frames, it makes your screen a lot more dynamic. Active Frames saves me seconds everytime I use my phone. Very effective mutitasking.
    • The physical keyboard and its super smart word prediction system. Try it, youll see. I can write entire sentences by typing only 3-4 letters on the keyboard.
    • Shortcuts and Type N Go, lots of commands in there to save you some serious time.
    • Share everything easily (nothing new here), but the sharing options are nicely done on BlackBerry 10.
    • The best mobile Web browser experience ever. I loooove the Web browser reader too, which magnifies the main portion of the page (you can resize fonts) for easy reading, it works great.
    • File manager (to organize all my documents/media files) and integration with Box, Dropbox. I uploaded files greater than 150Mb to Box with my wireless carrier (Rogers), no Wi-Fi. Works like a charm.
    • BBM Voice, BBM Video and screen sharing. Lets face it, we live in a I Share everything world, so screen sharing? Hell yeah!
    • Excellent camera for photos and videos, great autofocus, TimeShift, Editing options and you will looove Story Maker, very powerful tool!
    • Overall hardware quality of the Q10, best in the industry, the Q10s body is strong and it feels great.



    Lets face it, were all busy and we all want to be more efficient. The BlackBerry Q10 is the heavy-duty tool you need to manage your life effectively.

    BlackBerry 10 is going to make you one of the most productive person you know. Period.
    The only small detail you've missed out on is bblink! I lost calendar appointments today and that made me furious! How can entries just dissappear when I know I'm not going crazy and entered them correctly!!!!!????

    Posted via CB10
    Sent Via crackberry forums from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2977
  15. cellphonejunkey's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,083 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,089 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Otherwise agreed everything listed is accurate and top notch just. Don't rely on bblink for any spectacular usage, check you sync make sure your info is all there!? I am in business and I just lost 5000$ in commissions from calendar entries vanishing from my device!

    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 07-10-2013 at 08:09 AM.
    Sent Via crackberry forums from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2977
  16. LordCrankypants's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    787 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgree03 View Post
    My rebuttal in bold, Q10 seems like a good phone, but lets not get carried away....

    The voice of reason....
    Why not get carried away? It's a great device!

    I enjoyed your "mid-range" camera comment, seeing as spec-wise, it's on par with the S3 and the iPhone 5. Further, I'm not sure I'd say much for the types of cameras on smartphones in general. They all suck, but all seem to do a decent job provided your expectations aren't high. It's a tiny lens with absolutely no real zoom. You're not going to get a pullitzer with a smartphone camera.

    As for the keyboard, not all of us use it out of "nostalgia." We use it because it's more productive and more precise than a virtual keyboard. The Z10 is as close as I've seen or experienced a virtual keyboard to being a viable replacement for the real thing, but we're not there yet. The single biggest thing I do on my phone is type. I want something that can keep up, and that's the physical keyboard. I'm not living in the past; in fact, I've been more caught up now with the Q10 than I've ever been with slab phones.

    Features don't have to be unique, there is only so much that can be done these days. We've kind of hit a plateau. The uniqueness in BB10 is in the delivery. Sure, other platforms have attempted the unified inbox, but none that I've seen have pulled it off in the same way that BlackBerry has. The Hub is a living app that is always there at the drop of a hat without having to wait for it to open. Further to that, while the gestures aren't necessarily for everyone, BlackBerry has successfully produced the first phone without a home button, and has pulled that off quite well. I am more productive and efficient with my phone now than I ever have been.

    On the whole, BB10 is a great package that tends to be overlooked by many because of the stigma surrounding BlackBerry. If this type of package had been developed by Apple, it would have sold like hotcakes. Give it time, the market will bounce back and realize that BlackBerry isn't the company that didn't move forward with everyone else.

    JB

    Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    If I've helped you or given you a healthy dose of reality, click the Like or Thanks button
    sbx9900 likes this.
  17. Ben1232's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,816 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    @Dgree03 Don't forget the lack of apps.

    Posted via my CB Q10
  18. GadgetTravel's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,390 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    I like my Q10 but of that list the only ones I think are definite are the keyboard, keyboard shortcuts and to some extent the file manager. I say to some extent because Android and iOS can both manage docs on Dropbox reasonably well and on iCloud in the case of IOS. In fact my OSX docs from my desktop show up automatically on my iOS tablet and phone with the correct apps (Apple office suite). I would add to the list for the q10 very good battery life.

    I would subtract as noted above apps, it is really a noteworthy difference.
  19. ofutur's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,714 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,737 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvcv View Post
    Just saying.
    Why? Because that thing makes me highly effective in my day-to-day life, at work and in my business.
    ...
    BlackBerry 10 is going to make you one of the most productive person you know. Period.
    It's not a bad start, but because of the OS, the Q10 still fails at protecting confidential business data out of the box and the browser leaks your every move. But I guess that since you're using Whatsapp, you don't care much about privacy.
  20. LordCrankypants's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    787 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ofutur View Post
    It's not a bad start, but because of the OS, the Q10 still fails at protecting confidential business data out of the box and the browser leaks your every move. But I guess that since you're using Whatsapp, you don't care much about privacy.
    When you say it doesn't protect confidential business data out of the box, are you referring to BES, or are you referring to a standard consumer device?

    And how exactly does the browser leak your every move? Not saying it doesn't, just asking for clarification.


    JB



    Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    If I've helped you or given you a healthy dose of reality, click the Like or Thanks button
  21. sbx9900's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    753 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben1232 View Post
    @Dgree03 Don't forget the lack of apps.

    Posted via my CB Q10
    OP is posting about what is/are great about Q10. Highlighting the lack of apps or misgivings about the Q10 therefore, are out of topic, as they belong to another thread; but not here.
  22. ofutur's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,714 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,737 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordCrankypants View Post
    When you say it doesn't protect confidential business data out of the box, are you referring to BES, or are you referring to a standard consumer device?
    And how exactly does the browser leak your every move? Not saying it doesn't, just asking for clarification.
    JB
    Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    No, I'm referring to the device as is, without BES. If you're a small startup, can you really invest in BES to manage your devices? Many smaller structures are using only email and poorly protected cloud services like dropbox or evernote to do business until it comes back to bite them in the arse. Once they realise that it would be a good thing to have an information policy, they can't really implement it on BlackBerry without using BES, because basic features like email auth and encryption is not available without it.

    Every search you do in the browser is sent in clear text, every tracker tracks you, every script can record whatever they want about what you do with the BlackBerry browser. Turning off cookies and javascript is the only solution, but how convenient is it? The browser has great HTML5 scores, but isn't very flexible. Look at what Firefox mobile is offering and you'll see the difference.

    So from my point of view, BB still has several things to fix and improve before I would call their devices business ready and we don't even know half the story as security holes in BB10 are sold to governments instead of being exposed.
  23. chris8189's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    717 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    It is, however there needs to be more apps. Other than that the OS is solid and reliable for people who need to get things done.

    Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Q10 (10.2.1.3253)
  24. neefer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    172 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ofutur View Post
    Every search you do in the browser is sent in clear text, every tracker tracks you, every script can record whatever they want about what you do with the BlackBerry browser. Turning off cookies and javascript is the only solution, but how convenient is it? The browser has great HTML5 scores, but isn't very flexible. Look at what Firefox mobile is offering and you'll see the difference.
    I've never used an iPhone, or an Andriod, which may explain why I have never heard of Firefox mobile. I presume it runs on one of those two platforms, and there is not (yet?) a version of it for BB10 ?

    I'm confused as to what comparison you are making here. Are you comparing BB Browser to Firefox Mobile? Or are you comparing BB Browser to iPhone Browser and to Android Browser? Do the built-in iPhone and Andriod browsers provide the same features as Firefox mobile? (I would guess not, otherwise there'd not be a need to install / use Firefox mobile if it is providing duplicate functionality to features baked-into those two OS's?)

    Quote Originally Posted by ofutur View Post
    So from my point of view, BB still has several things to fix and improve before I would call their devices business ready and we don't even know half the story as security holes in BB10 are sold to governments instead of being exposed.
    It sounds like you are saying BB10 is not business ready, because it doesn't have Firefox mobile, but iPhone and Andriod do have it -- so they are therefore more secure and business ready than BB10? If FFMobile is not the stock browser for those two phones, you don't seem to be making a valid oranges-to-oranges comparison. (Thus my confusion as to what exactly you're trying to say here, prompting this query. )
    Handspring Visor --> Palm Z --> Bold 9000 --> Bold 9900 --> Q10
  25. ofutur's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,714 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,737 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neefer View Post
    I've never used an iPhone, or an Andriod, which may explain why I have never heard of Firefox mobile. I presume it runs on one of those two platforms, and there is not (yet?) a version of it for BB10 ?

    I'm confused as to what comparison you are making here. Are you comparing BB Browser to Firefox Mobile? Or are you comparing BB Browser to iPhone Browser and to Android Browser? Do the built-in iPhone and Andriod browsers provide the same features as Firefox mobile? (I would guess not, otherwise there'd not be a need to install / use Firefox mobile if it is providing duplicate functionality to features baked-into those two OS's?)



    It sounds like you are saying BB10 is not business ready, because it doesn't have Firefox mobile, but iPhone and Andriod do have it -- so they are therefore more secure and business ready than BB10? If FFMobile is not the stock browser for those two phones, you don't seem to be making a valid oranges-to-oranges comparison. (Thus my confusion as to what exactly you're trying to say here, prompting this query. )
    Firefox is not available for iPhone because Apple doesn't let them. The Android port could be made available to BB10 users via BB world, but they would need testers and at least one maintainer. There could be other browsers coming as well since BB10 is pretty developer friendly, but the customer base is probably still too small to attract those devs.

    Yes, I'm comparing the BB browser to 3rd party browsers like Firefox or Dolphin on Android, because BB doesn't have the same goal as Google and Apple and prides itself on building secure solutions. So they should prove it by having better built-in privacy features.
    There are reasons the default browser on other platforms is limited:
    • I doubt Chrome on Android will ever get proper extension support, simply because Android has been created to collect as much data as possible about users, so that Google can make money from that data (they've banned ad blockers from their app store). It still supports do not track, but for that to work, websites have to comply and we're not there yet.
    • I'm guessing the iOS browser has similar restrictions because Apple now wants to compete with Google in terms of data collection.


    So what I'm saying is that it's possible to make the browser powerful and flexible at the same time, and I'm giving Firefox mobile as an example, but it requires a will to deliver those features. Google and Apple don't want to, but BB doesn't really have the excuse of wanting to collect user data, so I'm still waiting for that to happen with BB10 if they're serious about delivering phones made for doing business (without BES).
    Of course, extensions present a risk because badly written ones can drain your battery, use all your RAM, etc. but they do have advantages in terms of privacy. BB has decided that they would not open the extension framework yet (they have a couple of scripts installed such as reader mode).
    Thanked by:
    neefer (07-11-2013) 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why does my BlackBerry zoom into my home screen
    By chrisurcadiz23 in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2013, 02:25 AM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-20-2013, 10:19 AM
  3. Best screen protector for Z10?
    By Jared DiPane in forum BlackBerry 10 Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2013, 02:19 PM
  4. Enable Wifi Calling and some newer apps for 10.2.0.483
    By SCrid2000 in forum BB10 Leaked/Beta OS
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-11-2013, 07:23 AM
  5. There need to be a search contacts for BBM
    By jaylysf in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 08:19 PM

Posting Permissions