Follow up ...spoke with ATT. They said everything on their end shows I have a hotspot on my plan. Why its not opening and error msg says I must contact my provider tells them (ATT) its a Blackberry problem. Tech suggested highly invasive actions like wiping and reloading OS...and I just don't want to do that. Nice as MHSpot would be, I just don't want to go through the hassle (with no certainty it will matter?). My plan was changed in June to bring it up to date (we had not changed it in a few years). So anyone have an update or suggestion? Note...I'm not on BBM so if being discussed there, can someone transfer over to me the latest and wisest?
    08-24-14 08:32 PM
    Follow up ...spoke with ATT. They said everything on their end shows I have a hotspot on my plan. Why its not opening and error msg says I must contact my provider tells them (ATT) its a Blackberry problem. Tech suggested highly invasive actions like wiping and reloading OS...and I just don't want to do that. Nice as MHSpot would be, I just don't want to go through the hassle (with no certainty it will matter?). My plan was changed in June to bring it up to date (we had not changed it in a few years). So anyone have an update or suggestion? Note...I'm not on BBM so if being discussed there, can someone transfer over to me the latest and wisest?
    All I can say for certain is that no matter what you do, it is not the phone nor BlackBerry. It is on AT&Ts end. It took approximately one week for it to be sorted out, and they never admitted that it was there error. Good luck.

~Z10 Baby~
    jrsva2008 likes this.
    08-24-14 08:57 PM
    They need to do some type of "reset" on their end. That's how mine was fixed. One call, about 30 minutes. Tech guy ran through few things, then had me shut down the phone, he did that "reset" (several minutes) then I restarted and all was well.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    jrsva2008 likes this.
    08-24-14 09:04 PM
    Tried my hot spot today and it will not work definitely AT&T issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 09:26 PM
    Tried my hot spot today and it will not work definitely AT&T issue.

Posted via CB10
    Read my post fix is in there

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 04:07 PM
    Follow up note...just learned talking with ATT debugging this with Tech Support and getting my Mobile Hotspot feature successfully connected. She confirmed it was provided on my phone plan and listened to my explanation that other BB users were having same problem and was an issue apparently on ATT tech side. She was great to work with...wish all tech calls were this professional and skilled.

Turns out in my case that as I moved between phones this spring and summer looking to see which one I preferred (settling in the end on the Z10 until Classic arrives this winter), that when I moved my mini-sim myself from my Q10 to use in my old Bold and then on to my present Z10 last month, the sim worked fine in each case. (Making a mini-sim work in the Bold's holder took some positioning but wasn't too tough to line it up). Until I spoke with them today, however, the mobile hotspot feature on my Z10 would not work even though it worked fine on the Bold 9900. Merely moving the sim myself device to device seems to make the phone and data operate as designed. The ATT Wireless website would show my Z10 as my current device, voice and data worked, but hotspot was no-go. She needed to "configure" my account for the Z10 and it fired right up and my laptop successfully connected. . So must be some extra tech step they must do on their end to "complete" any sim transfer process. Head's up to you....
    09-23-14 09:18 AM
56 123