I have a BB Q10 with T-Mobile. I just can't seem to turn Skype sound off. I've tried going on "Settings," then "Notifications," then "Other Applications," I select "Skype" and turn off "Sound" and/or "All Alerts." Doesn't work.

I've also tried turning off the phone's notifications or turning the volume all the way down and the godforsaken Skype keeps making the "PHHHWWWAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ... PLEEP" sound. It also makes the "PLEOWP" sound when you receive messages. It's super annoying. I was working the other day and I logged into Skype on my phone and, oh lord Jesus Christ, it sounded so loud that everybody at the office heard the flipping Skype, I swear to God. I could even heard some giggling in the back.

Is there a way to turn off sound within the Skype app? Help.

Thanks.
    Last edited by 6784272; 08-08-13 at 09:38 PM.
    08-08-13 09:24 PM
    I have a BB Q10 with T-Mobile. I just can't seem to turn Skype sound off. I've tried going on "Settings," then "Notifications," then "Other Applications," I select "Skype" and turn off "Sound" and/or "All Alerts." Doesn't work.

I've also tried turning off the phone's notifications or turning the volume all the way down and the godforsaken Skype keeps making the "PHHHWWWAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ... PLEEP" sound. It also makes the "PLEOWP" sound when you receive messages. It's super annoying. I was working the other day and I logged into Skype on my phone and, oh lord Jesus Christ, it sounded so loud that everybody at the office heard the flipping Skype, I swear to God. I could even heard some giggling in the back.

Is there a way to turn off sound within the Skype app? Help.

Thanks.
    Go into the SKYPE settings and turning off the notification sounds there. Yes, it is very weird that the BB10 OS lets apps override the volume and notification controls, but I think Skype is a special case. Hopefully this gets fixed in OS 10.2 or the full Skype release.
    08-08-13 10:15 PM
    Where are the Skype settings? I cannot find them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.
    08-08-13 11:15 PM
    Where are the Skype settings? I cannot find them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.
    Launch Skype - Sign In - Swipe Down from top - tap the 3 dots on bottom right corner - settings tab is on top left corner

Good luck...
    08-09-13 12:02 AM
    SKYPE settings only show the "Notifications (Get alerts for new calls and messages)" option. I unchecked that and nothing happened, I still get the log- in and log-off horribly inconvenient sound. I couldn't find a "turn-off-sounds" option. If there is such option, can you please give me directions on how to turn off sound. Please do so as if I was an ***** or a baby with limited knowledge.

Thanks!
    08-09-13 06:20 PM