I'm having a problem with SIM card on Blackberry Q10.

There is in the upper right corner icon of earphone with exclamation mark and when I show the status (by swapping from up to down) there is flashing in order the following:
    SIM not detected
    Emergency calls only
    Searching for network...
    This is flashing in that order continuously.

In SIM Card Setting of the Blackberry Q10 is shown that The phone isn't detecting SIM card so I can't change any settings for SIM card or Mobile Network (to try change the network from 3G to 2G).

My Blackberry Q10 is unblocked to all carriers so this shouldn't be the problem of blocking services on Blackberry.
    Also when I insert my SIM card to the Blackberry Z10 it works fine.

Anyone having the same issue?
    According this it seems to be a hardware problem.
    07-11-13 02:25 PM
    I'm having a problem with SIM card on Blackberry Q10.

There is in the upper right corner icon of earphone with exclamation mark and when I show the status (by swapping from up to down) there is flashing in order the following:
    SIM not detected
    Emergency calls only
    Searching for network...
    This is flashing in that order continuously.

In SIM Card Setting of the Blackberry Q10 is shown that The phone isn't detecting SIM card so I can't change any settings for SIM card or Mobile Network (to try change the network from 3G to 2G).

My Blackberry Q10 is unblocked to all carriers so this shouldn't be the problem of blocking services on Blackberry.
    Also when I insert my SIM card to the Blackberry Z10 it works fine.

Anyone having the same issue?
    According this it seems to be a hardware problem.
    If it is a microSIM, guy at Verizon told me when you put it in another device, it automatically won't work... I am only going off of what the guy at the Verizon store told me.
    07-11-13 02:28 PM
    so it works perfectly in your Z10 but its a no go in the Q10....kinda does sound like hardware issue.
    07-11-13 02:29 PM
    If it is a microSIM, guy at Verizon told me when you put it in another device, it automatically won't work... I am only going off of what the guy at the Verizon store told me.
    It sounds like a nonsense to me. Yes it is microSIM but you can use it in a various phones which supports this type of SIM card. I think that it wouldn't be a problem of mine Blackberry Q10.
    07-11-13 02:41 PM
    I can swap my sim in several devices on verizon. It definitely looks like a hardware issue not a sim issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 02:48 PM
    It sounds like a nonsense to me. Yes it is microSIM but you can use it in a various phones which supports this type of SIM card. I think that it wouldn't be a problem of mine Blackberry Q10.
    I understand that, I have no experience in this because I only use one SIM for my device, but I'm just telling you what he told me, in case it might help you can always call your carrier and ask, though!

07-11-13 02:48 PM
    Is it possible to buy somewhere the sim card reader replacement part for Blackberry Q10?
    I would like to replace it by myself and see if it helps.
    07-11-13 03:18 PM
    I have a theory on this.
    I have been struggling with this issue for more than one year.

I have two numbers, both from same carrier. One of the numbers is an H1 SIM and this has the erratic SIM detecton failure that all of us are observing.
    Where as the other number is a H4 SIM and not once have I faced the SIM detection issue on Q10.

Both the SIMs work on my other phone consistently.
    I also tried for replacement SIMs from my carrier, made no change. I also tried using full SIM, cut SIM, nano SIM with extendor etc.. nothing changes.
    H1 series not working for me on Q10
    H4 series - no issues.

I also asked my carrier if they can change the SIM series for my number, they said it cannot be done.

(Interestingly I also have used the H1 SIM on my Z10 previously... never faced this issue!)

I wish there was some solution.

Blackberry Q10 SIM problem-h1-vs-h4-sim.jpg
    01-13-16 08:59 AM