I've read about this issue from a few other users in this forum. When I put my Blackberry Q10 down, it often reboots. I tried the business card trick and I thought it was working, but no longer. I found that if I set the phone down on one of the side edges it almost always causes a reboot(even if I do it softly). Here's my question. I'm beyond my 30 day return window at AT&T. I want to keep the Q10 but I think this issue is unacceptable. Will AT&T swap out my unit even after my 30 day trial period is up?
    08-12-13 04:16 PM
    It likely the battery is not snug. Open it up and see if the battery moves at all when its in place. side to side would be the main concern right now
    08-12-13 04:27 PM
    I too have this issue. I called AT&T and they told me they would send me a new device. They shipped it out this evening and I will have it in 48 hours. Then I simply ship the old device back. Hopefully the new one won't have this problem. I think it's more the battery than the device.
    08-13-13 09:14 PM
    Hats off to your provider for stepping up!!!!!

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    08-14-13 06:07 AM
    I find that the battery is not as snug in the device as I would like. I kept getting random reboots on impact or if I picked my Q10 up too fast. I experimented by putting a very small piece of folded paper towel behind my battery door. I haven't had a random reboot in weeks!!

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    08-14-13 07:56 AM
    Blackberry Q10 reboots on impact-img_00000157.jpg found a fix...simply insert something to reduce the space between the battery and the back door...this will reduce the movement of the battery...i used a business card...

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 08:59 AM
    Happens to me, too. I will try ATT and see if they'll ship me a new device. I'm not really worried, but at work the boot time is a little too unforgiving. I really need the device not to reboot upon impact, but if it continues to happen...whatever. I love my Q10.
    08-14-13 01:24 PM
    I know this is an old thread but I wanted to let everyone know that even after I swapped out my device this issue still occurred. They did not provide me a new battery or cover. I decided to order a white battery cover for the Q10 and since I swapped it out I haven't had any reboots. I think the issue might be the black cover and the material they used to build it. It seems to be too soft. The white battery cover is much more rigid. That's my two cents!
    10-13-13 06:15 PM
    I've read about this issue from a few other users in this forum. When I put my Blackberry Q10 down, it often reboots. I tried the business card trick and I thought it was working, but no longer. I found that if I set the phone down on one of the side edges it almost always causes a reboot(even if I do it softly). Here's my question. I'm beyond my 30 day return window at AT&T. I want to keep the Q10 but I think this issue is unacceptable. Will AT&T swap out my unit even after my 30 day trial period is up?
    Wonder where your Q10 was made, mine's a Mexico unit and I've never had a random reboot due to a loose battery.
    10-13-13 09:50 PM
    I've had the same issue and I don't like the idea of jury-rigging my $400 device, particularly if it's going to insulate my battery in any way. I suspect this is one reason why the newer devices are going to a non-removable battery. I vote for higher quality control and keep the removables.
    06-04-14 09:01 PM
    My friends Z10 would do the same thing whenever he set it down, ended up getting the phone exchanged too. My Q10 however would randomly just reboot itself while it was sitting on the desk but after a few OS updates this issue has gone away, for a time though it got very annoying lol.
    06-05-14 12:41 AM