So every time I listen to music while riding the subway on my way to work, I select "shuffle all" and then press the top "stand-by" button of my BB Q10 so I can put it in my pocket without worrying about the touch screen. However, when a song finishes, sometimes the flipping phone doesn't seem to skip songs automatically, it just stops or freezes. Every now and then it does skip a song automatically, but most of the times I just have to skip songs manually, either with the volume "short cut" buttons or manually inside the music app player. Sometimes the flipping volume shortcuts don't work.

Recently (meaning it was not happening before), a lot of the songs are not playing automatically because stupid phone says some crap about not supporting the media of such file. They are all MP3! What the fudge!? It wasn't saying that before!

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    08-06-13 08:55 PM
    Try a different memory card.
    The memory card might be faulty or the Mp3s are getting corrupted somehow.

Check to see which songs are getting the "media not supported" message and then try getting that same song from your computer again and load it directly to your phone and play it from there. If it plays on your phone and not the media card, it's probably a card problem.
    08-06-13 09:07 PM
    How do I know if music is stored in my phone or in the media card, haha?
    08-06-13 09:24 PM
    How do I know if music is stored in my phone or in the media card, haha?
    :S How did you transfer your music onto your phone? lol

You can check by going to the "File Manager". Should be an icon. And on the bottom left there is a menu that lets you select between media card and device (and possibly other things if you have Box/DropBox/etc set up)

Check the folders to see which has your music files. There should be a music folder on the device as well as the media card. (It might be in the "BlackBerry" folder if it's not in the root)
    08-07-13 08:36 PM
    Thanks for the response Andrew.

I guess I don't have a media card because the options that appear inside the "file manager" are: "Device," "Box" and "My PC." Just as a reference, I have a BB Q10 with T-Mobile. Do I even have a media card? All my songs are stored inside the Device's "Music" folder.

Anyway, I think I realize what happens: songs tend to freeze (or appear frozen) while skipping because the phone spends some time trying to play the song but fails to do so because "the file has an unsupported media format." Additionally, I've discovered that it happens randomly, whenever the phone feels like it. Sometimes it won't play a song cause of the unsupported media bull crap, and then I simply skip back and, viola! It plays it. Help.
    08-08-13 09:08 PM